9.10 - Disciple- Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The episode was good but nothing great. I am sort of getting sick though of all the Ollie focus episodes in the first 10 episodes. it's not that it's terrible it;s just not what I watch the show to see.

I thought Zod was probably the best part and I loved most of the Clois stuff, but as much as I hate secrets and lies, I wish they would have had her push the issue about Zod a bit more to Clark(although cut the convo short when she realizsed Clark a bit uncomfortable). It's nice to see Clark actually go on a date though, I think his last date ont he show was with Alicia in Unsafe.

The show really needs to drop the Ollie and Lois stuff as well. I thought they ended it off great last season in Bride, but they brought it back this season and it just doesn't add anything to the story.

The episode was good but nothing great. I am sort of getting sick though of all the Ollie focus episodes in the first 10 episodes. it's not that it's terrible it;s just not what I watch the show to see.

I thought Zod was probably the best part and I loved most of the Clois stuff, but as much as I hate secrets and lies, I wish they would have had her push the issue about Zod a bit more to Clark(although cut the convo short when she realizsed Clark a bit uncomfortable). It's nice to see Clark actually go on a date though, I think his last date ont he show was with Alicia in Unsafe.

The show really needs to drop the Ollie and Lois stuff as well. I thought they ended it off great last season in Bride, but they brought it back this season and it just doesn't add anything to the story.

Quoted for truth.

This episode just didn't do it for me, or not much. Loved the Clark and Lois stuff, but the Oliver/Lois stuff? Not so much. They keep trotting that out this season, but you're right: it ended really nicely last year in Bride, why have Olive still obsessing?

Overall: meh.

I haven't even started working on my review yet, so I may change my mind, but I doubt it.

I found myself bored during parts of this. Not sure why, hopefully I'll figure it out in writing the review.

They keep trotting that out this season, but you're right: it ended really nicely last year in Bride, why have Olive still obsessing?

I don't think it does either character favors. In the case of Ollie, well that is easy enough to see how it hurts his character and in the case of Lois it's the case of if the show has everybody madly in love with her it makes her Mary Sue'ish.

If they have to do a Ollie can't get over somebody storyline why not Tess, it's not like Lois has been lacking in screentime and needs something to do, Tess on the other hand....

Last edited:
totally sam. KBX it sounds like it was the symbol for RAO which was krypton's sun. Now as i said in my post above sure clark knows how to read symbols and the language of krypton. He doesnt know everything there is about krypton and its past and all that info. Also i was wondering if any one can get a screen cap up from the solar towers at the end of the episode?

vlcsnap1571945.png

I think the object Zod is looking for is the same Green Key Jor-El hid in the Kent house vent in the episode "Kandor" .

I think the object Zod is looking for is the same Green Key Jor-El hid in the Kent house vent in the episode "Kandor" .

Good call, I had forgotten about that tidbit.

And I agree with others that the Ollie Lois stuff is unnecessary. As Triplet mentioned I thought that had been handled very well last season and does not need to be revisited.

Still really enjoyed last nights episode though.

So for the first new episode of 2010 Disciple scored a 2.52 million, 1.1 demo according to THR the live feed. Waiting to see if that totally official.

Last edited:
didn't the kandorians mention something about the book of Rao? maybe that green key is a computer or something, holding the information to how the kandorians can manipulate the suns rays.

Did anybody notice this?

Batman Begins
arham.png

Smallville
narrows.jpg

Anything similar?

Yeah they've used Batman Begins city footage (and I believe in some cases music) alot in Smallville the past few seasons.

yea they used it before a couple times. also they used terminator 3 missles shooting out scene too before. its a nice way to save money and all that. And i too agree the book of Rao is likely that green crystal disc thing jorel hid on the kent farm.

Well i enjoyed the episode but i was kinda wondering did the time we didnt have the show also pass in smallville time too? If so that is just great!

yea thats the thing some times we dont really know how much time has passed between episodes unless its stated by a character or something. The logical train of thought it had to probaly been a few weeks or so. Since it looks like clark has been helping the kandorians adjust to human life and all that. Plus his growing relationship with lois.

I thought the episode was ok . Normally I'm not into Green Arrow centered Episodes , but this one was alright . I'd actually like to see more of Zod's female sidekick then Zod ,but that's just me:cwink:.

But yeah, I was a bit thrown but the timeline myself but i'm guessing a month or so has passed since then last episode.

Not a bad episode. The Zod/Clark relationship was easily the most interesting parts of the episode.

Not a bad episode. The Zod/Clark relationship was easily the most interesting parts of the episode.

I loved this episode! I really want more of Speedy later on, and next time in costume!

I don't think it does either character favors. In the case of Ollie, well that is easy enough to see how it hurts his character and in the case of Lois it's the case of if the show has everybody madly in love with her it makes her Mary Sue'ish.

If they have to do a Ollie can't get over somebody storyline why not Tess, it's not like Lois has been lacking in screentime and needs something to do, Tess on the other hand....

It makes more sense to have him back with Tess, but no, TPTB prefer to force Chlollie despite the absence of any romantic spark. :whatever:

The episode was ok, specially the Clark, Zod and Lois parts, glad to see Clark doesn't trust Zod at all, it should get pretty interesting. I think Zod will get his powers back so we get the big confrontation with Clark and then end in the PZ to fusion with Zod's phantom, it would be a way to line up with the mythos where Zod has his physical body.

The Zod/Clark relationship is without a doubt the best thing about it. Callum Blue is doing a fantastic job as Zod, so crafty, seductive, menacing & down right evil...I like it :up:

I enjoyed the episode overall, I didn't think it was the best episode they've ever put out, however it wasn't bad by any means.

Meh, wake me up when Zod's done with. I've found his whole story arc just tedious since Pandora. Same goes for Ollie and Chloe's dark arcs. In fact, the only thing about this ep I truly enjoyed were the moments of Clois and even then the performances were hampered by bad writing.

And who didn't call the incapacitating shot the Dark Archer used on Lois being used against him by Ollie, to spare him from dealing the killing blow? Talk about Chekhov's arrow.

totally sam. KBX it sounds like it was the symbol for RAO which was krypton's sun.

I'm a little confused. :huh: In the episode where Kara and Lara travel back to the Kent Farm, didnt Kara suggest that Lara name her baby Kal-el after Krypton's sun?

Callum Blue is doing an excellent job as Zod.

I'm a little confused. :huh: In the episode where Kara and Lara travel back to the Kent Farm, didnt Kara suggest that Lara name her baby Kal-el after Krypton's sun?

I know in the comics Kal-el used to mean Star-Child

I don't remember the exact line, but in the show Kara and Lara were talking about the stars (maybe something about their son looking up at the stars and thinking of them) and that's when the name was suggested.

"Kal" means "child" and "El" means "star" in the kryptonian language; hence, "Kal-El" means "Star Child." :super:

Kara: Have you given your baby a name yet?

Lara: No. With everything happening on Krypton, Jor-El and I have yet to discuss one. He'll be so far from home. Our sun will be nothing but a distant star.

Kara: Maybe you could name him Kal-El. And that way, when he looks at the sky, he could think of us.

Lara: Kal-El. Well, that's a beautiful name.~ "Lara" season 7 episode 6

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"