9.02 - Metallo - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

avidreader

Avenger
Reaction score
Guest Stars: Brian Austin Green (Metallo/John Corben)

UPDATED 6/26/09: Title Posted. Please do not re-post this on other sites without mentioning the title's source (KryptonSite) with a link to the site. Thanks!

www.kryptonsite.com

Discuss.

:wow: I just fell out of seat. This is one of the greatest thing I heard.

I wonder who will name John Corben 'Metallo'? Clark, Lois, Chloe, Olliver or Johnny, boy himself?

Last edited:
I bet Chloe says 'He's a proper Metal Man' and the DC rep comes on screen and whispers 'sorry. already taken' :D

He actually appears in the premiere, and I'm wondering if he has any connection to this military group or maybe even the now defunct Project Aries.

We'll see, I think the actor for Metallo will work fine. We had better see at least one kryptonite laser shot out of that chest of his.

It's funny how both BAG and Spelling will have been on Smallville now.

I would rather he be on it any day rather than Spelling though. :dry:

I just love how everyone just calls him BAG. He must feel like such the tool hearing that (assuming he even visits such places as this). :oldrazz::woot:

Steve

I don't think he would mind it since it is his initials but I first heard it from a group of jealous posters on here when he was going out with Megan Fox. They were always yelling "BAAAAAAAAGGGGGG!"

Then all of a sudden, the posters started to like him when he appeared on the Terminator series....go figure.

Well with the title being metallo it looks like he will become metallo here. I wonder how they will go about it, and if we will get to see some metal parts showing on him like robot hand/part of face skin ripped off, etc.... Also i wonder if he will show up for a few more episodes down the road in the season.

Well with the title being metallo it looks like he will become metallo here. I wonder how they will go about it, and if we will get to see some metal parts showing on him like robot hand/part of face skin ripped off, etc.... Also i wonder if he will show up for a few more episodes down the road in the season.

There was an episode with krypto that didn't feature krypto (I have no idea why shelby isn't krypto unless there is a space dog in his future)

I want to see an episode where the actual Krypto comes to Earth and Shelby is jealous. it would be the best episode ever!

well they decided not to call him krypto lol, and shelby was only temporarly krypto powered due to shots if i recall.

Yea should be interesting to see how they will go about turning corben into metallo, then if we get to see any of his robotics.

I am super-excited (pun intended) about Brian Austin Green appearing on Smallville! Is there is any chance he will be on for more than two episodes? — Gabriela
MATT: At this juncture, BAG has been tagged for only the first two episodes of Season 9. But your query allows me to share this scooplet about Metallo's small-screen origin tale: The producers tell me that soon after mild-mannered John Corben begins his "Daily Planet" gig, "his fate takes a horrific twist that will change his destiny forever." Hmm, would that be Prof. Emmett Vale's cue?

possible director for the episode:

www.kryptonsite.com
NEWS POSTED JULY 3, 2009
Smallville Episode #9.2 Director
We don't have official confirmation yet, but it appears that the second episode of Smallville Season 9 will be directed by Mairzee Almas.

Visit the KryptonSite Spoilers Page for more about the episode!

Hopefully we get a Clark/Metallo fight. Isn't Metallo only scheduled for a few episodes?

Hopefully we get a Clark/Metallo fight. Isn't Metallo only scheduled for a few episodes?

Yeah, at this point it seems like BAG is only going to be in a couple, and it looks as though the first will be establishing him, and the second will be his decent.

A couple episodes is perfect, if you ask me. As long as they don't screw the pooch and kill him off or something. A conclusion that would allow Metallo to return to cause some havoc either later in the season or "in the future" would be perfect. Not enough episodes to take any major focus away from the people who need it, but enough to tell a solid story.

Yeah, at this point it seems like BAG is only going to be in a couple, and it looks as though the first will be establishing him, and the second will be his decent.

A couple episodes is perfect, if you ask me. As long as they don't screw the pooch and kill him off or something. A conclusion that would allow Metallo to return to cause some havoc either later in the season or "in the future" would be perfect. Not enough episodes to take any major focus away from the people who need it, but enough to tell a solid story.

Well thats cool i mean as long as his story good and we see a clark/metallo fight it be cool.

I do hope metallo/john corban pops up for a few more episodes in middle/end of the season. I too hope they dont be stupid and kill him off after episode 2(like they did with neutron/livewire in injustice). I could see maybe they can have clark destroy his power source, but it doesnt kill him just puts him into a status period untill he gets more power. Hopefully we can get a good fight out of clark/metallo. I think it would be alot easier to do a metallo clark fight then the trouble/non fight he had with doomsday. And since the producers probably do know that we were all pissed of the lack of fight with doomsday hopefully they will give us a fight this time with metallo. At least something as good as the clark/titan fight which i believe most of the show's fans say is one of the better fights in the series.

I do hope metallo/john corban pops up for a few more episodes in middle/end of the season. I too hope they dont be stupid and kill him off after episode 2(like they did with neutron/livewire in injustice). I could see maybe they can have clark destroy his power source, but it doesnt kill him just puts him into a status period untill he gets more power. Hopefully we can get a good fight out of clark/metallo. I think it would be alot easier to do a metallo clark fight then the trouble/non fight he had with doomsday. And since the producers probably do know that we were all pissed of the lack of fight with doomsday hopefully they will give us a fight this time with metallo. At least something as good as the clark/titan fight which i believe most of the show's fans say is one of the better fights in the series.

Agreed.

I wish he was going to be around for more episodes. This show is pretty ridiculous some times. They have a big bad guy show up, then the next episode... gone. BS. :down

I think they're testing the waters to see the fan reaction. If the fans like him then he'll probably be back during the second half of the season. They did that with a lot of characters.

yea we dont have any clues what is going to happen to the character in the second episode. And if fans like the character and he wasnt destroyed in episode 2 i would think they would bring him back for atless another 1 or 2 episodes later in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"