9.05 - Roulette - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This was yet another consistently good episode. Am quite happy with the season so far.

My only critique on this episode was the amount of 'even better' stuff they crammed into the last 7 minutes of the show, between 8:53 and 9. They certainly could have reduced a little of the Lois 'doing her thing', in order to give the actual important stuff just a little bit more time. Like the 10 minutes of time wasted folding clothes: Why?

AND FINALLY... although I'm not the hugest fan of Oliver/Arrow, I have to say that it is about damn time they got off this stagnant tangent that this character has been trapped in.

and Chloe... can't help but draw the paralelle between her and Jor'el

Last edited:
The Good:

Clark-What can I say? He was the best character of the hour and it sucks he didn't have enough screentime. He's best moment is when he saved that women when she was beeing attacked in her car...BADASS!:woot:

Completely agree, I really wanted to see more Clark and thought he was awesome in all of the scenes we did see him.

Yeah that save of the girl being attacked was pretty badass and reminded me alot of old school Superman from when he first came out in the comics.

Well this episode was a little Oliver heavy BUT for good reason it was his transition back into the Green Arrow so I didn't mind. I'm also glad they kept his old costume I like it fine the way it is.

yea personally to me i think the season has been doing pretty well. no major faults for me. sure a few minor things in some episodes. But nothing to make me hate any of the episodes.

smallville got a demo rating of 1.1 viewers by millions should be up shortly according to tvbythenumbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said that was all his money? :wow:

even if it wasn't all of his money, I wouldn't lump 3 billion in one account.

EDIT: I just saw the screen shot posted by Triplet. Seems like it over multiple accounts. I feel better about that.

oh totally i would have it spread acrosss like 5 or 6 accounts myself all at different banks.

Ratings up:
so Roulette got This:
Good news for "Smallville" (2.5 million, 1.1) fans, though. The show matched last week's season high (which also held up in the nationals, btw). That means The CW tied ABC for third place at 8 p.m. (18-49 is not their sales demo, but they still keep an eye on it). Regardless of the network's mixed feelings about "Smallville," any show that gets the network out of fifth place among the industry's standard measurement is tough to ignore. So after climbing significantly to reach season highs for two weeks in a row, does that mean it's time to update The Live Feed's TV Series Survival Status Report? I think so.

Nice to see it held pretty much the same ratings from last week. That is good news for us fans. Though like i said in ratings thread, the guy who posted this seems to be negative on smallville. It is doing great for friday's compared to its former thursday spot. Plus compared to other cw shows mon-thursday, and how the top show on fridays only get 8million viewers or so.

Did anyone else catch that Lois and Clark left Smallville to look for Oli after midnight then the next scene it was day time ...

I throught this was the weakest ep of the season so far and I really don't like what Chloe did and the direction her character is going.

this was the best scene of the episode

[YT]2hsmUp68Sek[/YT]

ah time frames are always a little funky in smallville. It was either a simple mistake or the director/editor goofed up. Or they were not able to shoot the scenes at the same time and timeline got a little messed up. I thought it was still an enjoyable episode, havent hated a single episode yet this season. Sure like i said last night each episode has a few minor little details that are not that good. But it doesnt hurt my enjoyment of said episodes.

As for chloe's direction i said this last night. Maybe this is where they are taking the character. she is getting "drunk" with power and control with Watchtower. Wanting to control everything. So her "moral compass" is probably a little bent with her drunk for power/what happened with the whole "fake" jimmy thing changed her. This is all my opinion mind you.

Prison mike that was a great scene from the episode.

Although, the episode was a pretty blantant rip-off of David Fincher's film, The Game, with Michael Douglas, Sean Penn and Kara Unger...

My thoughts exactly ,

This episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either .

Highlights

1. Ending with Clark & Oliver looking over Metropolis

2. Movie Night with Lois & Clark / The Blur on duty

3. Lois vs. Roulette

you would think that Ollie would be smart enough to not put all of his 3 billion dollars in one bank account...

Hey, easily to track and store. And damn...he ain't ever going broke.

I thought the fact that Chole was behind it was kinda stupid. Other than that, good eppy. I like Hartley as Queen. :o as a straight man, I find him cute. Although Erica Durance...damn :wow:

Cool episode. As others noted, had a bit of a Douglas "The Game" feel to it. Steph Song is hot.

Cool shot at the end and sweet music cue. Next week's looks like dy-no-mite.

yea i already said how i felt about the episode, was good in my opinion not a great as say metallo but none of the episodes to me have been a downer.

Probably the worst episode of the season so far. As long as this ends the depression trip for the Green Arrow, then fine.

Pacing was odd, the acting wasn't the best, and what a silly idea to make the twist that Chloe is behind it all. Oh I'm sure she would really continue on when Lois is involved. It's safe because the bullets are blanks, but ignore that she got knocked out yet again for like the 3000th time. Serious trauma going on after all those knock outs. Let's cut back on ninja Lois too, her fight scenes are out of place.

That scene at the end with Green Arrow and Clark watching over the city was awesome!

Probably the worst episode of the season so far. As long as this ends the depression trip for the Green Arrow, then fine.

Pacing was odd, the acting wasn't the best, and what a silly idea to make the twist that Chloe is behind it all. Oh I'm sure she would really continue on when Lois is involved. It's safe because the bullets are blanks, but ignore that she got knocked out yet again for like the 3000th time. Serious trauma going on after all those knock outs. Let's cut back on ninja Lois too, her fight scenes are out of place.

If this was real life, she be like a vegetable from those KO's.

Hey, easily to track and store. And damn...he ain't ever going broke.

I thought the fact that Chole was behind it was kinda stupid. Other than that, good eppy. I like Hartley as Queen. :o as a straight man, I find him cute. Although Erica Durance...damn :wow:

Damn never heard a straight man call another man cute but hey its cool....Erica is hot diggity damn!:wow::awesome:

Yeah Lois do not have to fight everybody....And she do get KO way too much.

well i think lois fighting was/has been more natural then lana fu. since we know lois was trained by military guys growing up and all that. As for folks getting injuried and knocked out. Man we need someone to compile a list of all the injuries each character has had in 9 seasons.

well i think lois fighting was/has been more natural then lana fu. since we know lois was trained by military guys growing up and all that. As for folks getting injuried and knocked out. Man we need someone to compile a list of all the injuries each character has had in 9 seasons.

just like the red trucks from early seasons

Someone needs to create a video montage set to the theme song "Somebody Save Me" of all the different characters such as Lex, Chloe, Lana, Lois, Pete, etc. getting knocked out over the years just before Clark comes to the rescue.

oh yea totally cars and people have been injuried so many times in the course of 180episodes or so.

Still do she have to fight EVERYONE.

My thoughts exactly ,

This episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either .

Highlights

1. Ending with Clark & Oliver looking over Metropolis

2. Movie Night with Lois & Clark / The Blur on duty

3. Lois vs. Roulette

Really? That kind of bored me.

She'd be like Rocky. In fact she is like Rocky... her brain damage has miraculously disappeared as well :D

just like the red trucks from early seasons

What happened to the Truck? Or even the blue one? And why was there not a yellow one?

Still do she have to fight EVERYONE.

Yeah Im getting that way now, Okay Tess i reckon Lois could take but Roulette who is like a big supervillain and I suppose a good martial artist, Nah. I mean, its getting a little repetitive and seemed forced. Still I have to agree better than Lana fu.... maybe Lois will get superpowers. LOL

Yeah Im getting that way now, Okay Tess i reckon Lois could take but Roulette who is like a big supervillain and I suppose a good martial artist, Nah. I mean, its getting a little repetitive and seemed forced. Still I have to agree better than Lana fu.... maybe Lois will get superpowers. LOL

I'm surprised there hasn't been an episode where Lois acquires some super powers. Or did I just forget an episode? :huh:

it was in Lois and Clark, lois became a superhero for a short time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"