9.03 - Rabid - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

barnface

Civilian
Reaction score
From Kryptonsite...

Episode #9-3: "Rabid"
October 9, 2009
Directed By: Michael Rohl
UPDATED 7/22/09: Title Posted. Please do not re-post this on other sites without mentioning the title's source (KryptonSite) with a link to the site. Thanks!
UPDATED 7/17/09: Director Revealed. (Anyone involved with Smallville want to share an episode title? E-mail us. Please do not send episode titles if you do not really work on the show.)

Hmm, interesting title.

This must be about when Clark has to fight the evil Rabbids who are trying to take over the world.

Other than that, this could be anything. :huh:

il_430xN.24705106.jpg

Well, my expectations are suitably lowered. Except I now expect to be pleasantly surprised.

Well interesting title, i wonder what it will end up being. Usually the episode titles have double meanings.

Maybe Clark takes on the Smallville fans from the TWOP board

Rabid:

Were-rabbit in Smallville is eating all the vegetables. Clark is unable to contain him without the help of a super-smart dog. And a special Bun-Vac built for two.

New from Ksite:
UPDATED 8/3/09: "Rabid" is about a virus infecting Metropolis that turns people into zombies.
- Both Tess and Lois are infected by the plague.
- Cameron Bancroft, whose previous credits include 24 and the original Beverly Hills 90210, plays Dr. Coats, a virologist who is working on the zombie plague.
- Don't get too attached to the current Green Arrow costume - Oliver burns it in this episode.

All I can say is WTF

Am I alone in being excited for this ep?. I know it'll be filler crap but it's also unique for smallville to take the horror route. one ep isn't going to hurt the season. I think i'll reserve judgement untill i see it. It might just be executed real well.

Steve

Isn't the 3rd episodes of every season usually the filler for Smallville? so this Dawn of the Dead episode is no surprise...

Isn't the 3rd episodes of every season usually the filler for Smallville? so this Dawn of the Dead episode is no surprise...

Is the episode "Hidden" considered filler? I thought it was important. :huh:

MOS you're not alone...I mean come on it's ZOMBIES on SMALLVILLE!!!

Yeah it sounds crazy, but I am willing to embrace this episode as long as someone's brains get eaten...damn why did they kill Jimmy off so soon?!? A zombie Chloe would have been the best way to send him off!

I'll wrap this in spoiler tags for the faint of heart :yay:....Click below for super:super:heroic zombie goodness (just came across this photo and had to share):

God, I lol'd when I read the new spoilers. This just sounds like one of those fun Smallville episodes that I know they're capable of...count me in!

Well, well, so the rabid are zombies, maybe vampires, wolfmen and the like will make an appearance one of these days. :p

Previously, on Deadville.... :o

I like zombies. I want to see how this show tackles it. Zombie Lois and Zombie Tess!

Ya last night when the spoilers poped up i was like wtf, though we need to wait and see how it will go. More likely then not it could be fillerish or it could play an important role. Though what ever causes the viral zombie outbreak i hope it isnt kryptonite related.

Ugh, three episodes in and we're getting this?

Aw come on. Can't you see it now...

Clark swooping in dressed all in black with a subtle glint of silver from the \S/ on his chest.

Lois rushes up to him screaming "Brains!" She is looking especially hot for a zombie (I'm talking serious undead cleavage action--is that wrong to say??) again she screams "Must have Brains!!!"

:yay:

I can see your point that 3 eps in and it sounds like we are already in filler territory, but---

You know after seeing the SDCC footage I have decided to stay positive for now about the upcoming season. I had become so negative towards the show after the finale that dare not speak it's name.

I am just going to sit back for the ride and hope that they don't screw it all up.

Yeah, the stuff we've learned from and since SDCC has, mostly, had me looking forward to the season. But three episodes in and a zombie episode? Knowing the show's history with such material (vampire sorority, for instance), and the fact that this news comes at the same time as rumour of the Wonder Twins, has me a little less excited at the moment.

+ Hahaha at your scene description. Brilliant, really. ;)

Well, well, so the rabid are zombies, maybe vampires, wolfmen and the like will make an appearance one of these days. :p

Previously, on Deadville.... :o
Well, we already had that vampire sorority. Then there was that lass who could turn into a wolf. And don't forget the witches! Oh, and then when Dean Cain tried to make that Frankenstein girl! :lol:

I really do hope we get Lois and Tess full on acting like Zombies, which would be hilarious, and not just sick with the plague but cured before it gets that far.

Last edited:
well...last season we had Toxic as our 3rd episode and the season before that we had Fierce and before that was Wither. so a 3rd episode filler is not exactly new territory. it's actually to be expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"