9.03 - Rabid - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

chloe never really did drop that bomb, and Lois ran out to find the Blur right after the scene

Also, I have a slight problem with Zod's accent. I'm British myself and the way he speaks just seems forced somehow. I can't quite put my finger on why.

His voice is very nasal and the way he talks does seem a bit like he's swallowing his words...

Not sure why that is.

And Callum Blue is English, he's not an American pretending to have an accent.

I know, I remember that scene, I just don't know if they are going to let Lois be oblivious, and act like nothing happened. Which is hard, she worked with the guy, lived with the guy, and was the husband of her cousin.

hey trip just got finished reading your review, another well written one.

it's more Australian to me, than British. But I know what you are sayin

Ahem...... no its NOT.:csad:

It's not as distinguished as TS's Zod's accent was, and he sounds more like a thug than the General he is going to become.

Just think of Zod saying "Blow them another kiss my dear" and how distinguished and refined that sounded. CB sounds nothing like that. And I'm not saying he should copy Stamp, he really should make Zod his own work, but without me being an expert on British accents, I think he sounds like more of a commoner than his character should be.

Last edited:
hey trip just got finished reading your review, another well written one.

Thanks.

Ahem...... no its NOT.:csad:

I never thought he sounded Australian... not sure where he's from, exactly, but I do know he's English.

It's not as distinguished as TS's Zod's accent was, and he sounds more like a thug than the General he is going to become.

Just think of Zod saying "Blow them another kiss my dear" and how distinguished and refined that sounded. CB sounds nothing like that. And I'm not saying he should copy Stamp, he really should make Zod his own work, but without me being an expert on British accents, I think he sounds like more of a commoner than his character should be.

TS's Zod was so distinguished sounding.

Zod does sound more like a commoner, I agree, but they're probably just letting him use his own accent.

This episode was good, but I don't dig the zombies/horror stuff that much. Yet the episode was good, and there were some great moments between Lois and Clark.
Erica Durance was, as almost always, perfect. She was great, everytime I see her, I wait her to have a small gesture or talk like Lois Lane. she is great, and I think she can pull good things from Tom Welling to, more, in my opinion, than Lana did. And the result is that Lois and Clark together are always a great pleasure to watch. I especially liked T.Welling putting bandages on Lois'legs and the following talk, and I loved theice-breathe in the coffe. Bwahahaha. very funny and very very well played.
One last thing is Oliver. It is odd how much I dislike his attitude right now in the books, but love it here in the show. It shows Ollie as really sensitive about what he does ans I thought the talk between Ollie and Super-Kal was really well written and precise. Well played, well written. Very good.
Good job on this episode.

Alessandro Juliani plays Emil Hamilton very well, and makes him quite an intelligent/likeable character. I had some preconceptions of him also as I was a huge Battlestar Galactica fan and his character on that show was a hugely unsympathetic one at the end of his run. However, he definitely brings something to the Smallville table and his interactions with Chloe work well.

I've been feeling quite the opposite :-< Loved him on BG - he was one of my favorite characters there. Felt bad when they had his character go south. On the other hand, I think his acting on SV sounds consistently forced and phony and sometimes as bad as badly timed and disinterested. Since he's becoming a semi-regular supporting character, I hope this improves. Don't know whether it's his acting or the direction or what, but I wince when he's on SV now.

Long time fan, first time poster.... Maybe someone has already said this, but how the heck did chloe and emile mass produce clark's blood? Even if they were able to do that, thats cool I'm down with that, but come on raining blood? What if there was a zombie inside? Do they just miss out on the "super" cure?

Rabid was my 3rd favorite episode. I loved the rain part and I loved how Clark held Lois close to him. And then he said, "Lois, we made it!" That was my favorite Clark Kent line.

it was a really good episode. i remember when spoilers first came out alot were against it. and now its one of the top episodes of the season.

When does Smallville start back up?

smallvillepromo35.jpg

Cap thanks to Craig on KryptonSite:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/preview2010-2-35.htm

Last edited:
Thanks!

I just started watching season 1 again. I didn't know Aaron Ashmore had a twin. I saw Shawn Ashmore was in an episode where he absorbed Clark's powers. It's also wierd seeing Jonathan, Martha, Lionel, Lex, and Pete in these episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"