9.03 - Rabid - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I'm still confused on this though...so Zod and his crew (and young Jor-EL) are clones?

And they came from the phantom zone or Kandor? :huh:

I'm still confused on this though...so Zod and his crew (and young Jor-EL) are clones?

And they came from the phantom zone or Kandor? :huh:

1)at some point in the past, a young Major Zod, and his cronies had their blood taken.

2)Years later, General Zod would be de-bodied, and sent to the phantom zone.

3)The General Zod Phantom (2) escaped the phantom zone took over lex, and then was sent back to the phantom zone by Clark.

4)Later, the orb that Tess had, re-created Major Zod and company(1), from the blood taken. This makes sense given the concept of genetic memory they have inserted into the story. So they are essentially Clones, but of the younger Zod, who is yet to become evil general Zod.

I actually find the concept eerily familiar to what was done with Voldemort in Harry potter.

as an episode of smallville(the show where nothing happens) i give it a 6(best ever)

Yeah, absolutely right, despite Smallville having higher ratings than Dollhouse and people liking this season a lot. BTW, SV is one of the top shows on iTunes, people must really like shows "where nothing happens". :facepalm:

wasn't feeling this episode...but it was stikll better than all of last season...might be best ep of the show sadly

so out of the past 8 seasons, you thought Rabid was the best ever? even beating Rosetta or Memoria? :huh:

so out of the past 8 seasons, you thought Rabid was the best ever? even beating Rosetta or Memoria? :huh:

Of course, don't you get it, zombies, violence, blood, that's what SV needs!!

:cwink:

This show finally feels credible again. Ive been with SV since season one but even I had to admit that it had gotten stale. I finally actually watch it again out of honest enjoyment and not just habit.

yea i thought the episode was pretty good it helped move along the zod plot, and the continue development in the lois and clark relationship.

Well, I have enjoyed season 9 very much so far I have to say.

Thinking about the Metallo episode....I'm guessing since we know that some of the Kryptonian soldiers created him that this Metropolis "doctor" Kryptonian that Zod beheaded was part of that plan.

I wish it had been mentioned or explained further to tie things together this episode. I look forward to more of an explanation about that experiment in future episodes (hopefully just a few words in passing).

All in all I think they are telling a very interesting story this season. I hope the pace is kept up.

Yea these past three episodes were amazing im so happy its staying strong so far lets wait and see next weekends "Echo" which looks great too

I thought the cinematography for this episode was amazing and very well directed.

The only real aspects of the zombies I didn't like was that so many people appeared to have been infected. They where then cured by putting the antidote in the water supplies (fair enough) & infusing it somehow with the rain..

I know very little about the deep scientific elements/cycle of rain, clouds etc other than the basic stuff taught in school however I'm going to go out on a limb & say the way in which they infused all off the rain is impossible.. (then again I suppose so is freezing a lake, picking it up then dropping it over a fire & it turning completely to liquid before it hits the ground... dammit :D) Then overlooking how they got the antidote into both, what happened to the people that didn't drink tap water in the morning or step outside into the rain before it stopped..? One name I can think of is Tess.

I thought they said, maybe it was Dr. Hamilton, that the virus was airborne which is why so many people were infected.

1)at some point in the past, a young Major Zod, and his cronies had their blood taken.

2)Years later, General Zod would be de-bodied, and sent to the phantom zone.

3)The General Zod Phantom (2) escaped the phantom zone took over lex, and then was sent back to the phantom zone by Clark.

4)Later, the orb that Tess had, re-created Major Zod and company(1), from the blood taken. This makes sense given the concept of genetic memory they have inserted into the story. So they are essentially Clones, but of the younger Zod, who is yet to become evil general Zod.

I actually find the concept eerily familiar to what was done with Voldemort in Harry potter.

Thanks but now i'm wondering how Jor-EL fits in all this...are we to assume that he was also a member of Major Zod's army?

Thanks but now i'm wondering how Jor-EL fits in all this...are we to assume that he was also a member of Major Zod's army?

The answers you seek will be revealed in episode 7 Kandor when young Jor-EL appears .

Two tidbits for discussion:

Continuity wise they made a mistake with the Katana. The Katana that's in the mansion is supposed to be a prop sword from a Japanese movie Lex really liked. He told Clark it was really blunt. Anyone else remember this? I think it's from the episode with the silver kryptonite right?

Anyone else think that maybe the Kryptonians get their power by killing people? The more they kill, the stronger they become? Kind of like Mr. Hyde.

Continuity wise they made a mistake with the Katana. The Katana that's in the mansion is supposed to be a prop sword from a Japanese movie Lex really liked. He told Clark it was really blunt. Anyone else remember this? I think it's from the episode with the silver kryptonite right?

It was actually in Slumber way back in Season 3, so who's to say that Lex didn't get a real one after that.

Anyone else think that maybe the Kryptonians get their power by killing people? The more they kill, the stronger they become? Kind of like Mr. Hyde.

No. I dont think that.

I thought it was during season one or two myself because I was thinking that Lex tells Clark about the sword during one of his first visit to the mansion. And before when I brung up Batman being on SV insted of Ollie, I was saying I wonder how much people wold hate SV because of how they would be doing the character. And wouldn't Zod and his army be from the same technology as used to bring Lara and Zor-El back to life?

i liked the episode, just the loud teeth chomping sounds was getting annoying

yea i wonder why a younger jorel is on earth too, though we still dont have the reasons why all the kryptonians who are on earth presently gave their blood in the first place. As for the sword thing either A they totally forget what was stated so long ago, or B we fans who are sticklers for details can say maybe from then to know the swoard been changed.

I guess I can safetly say why people generally like the first 3 episodes, well Clark actually acts like a hero, him and Lois are the main points of every episode, and if feels like a Superman show just with some black. Good job Superville, keep it up!

Here's an interesting question...is it safe to say that if/when Clark meets the young Jor-EL, that he will keep their father/son relationship a secret from him?

What makes you think it is supposed to be the same sword? I don't remember if it looks the same but I thought that Lex would have had a lot of swords hanging around or just that Tess bought herself some swords since we know she's in to martial arts.

that is a good question. but from the looks of things the copy kryptonians are a few years younger then time of krypton going boom so when they met jorel probably wont know who he is to clark tells him. Now what would be strange to see if young alive copy jorel go to the fos and talk with the AI jorel.

I think GA was an alcoholic in the comics

In comics canon, both pre- and current, Oliver has never been any sort of alcoholic. Oliver has killed a man in defense of Dinah and cheated on her with a woman or two before finally marrying her. But he's never been the sort of Iron Man based alcoholic, that the show has turned him into as of the last two seasons.

In the comics, after the murder of the rapist, that almost killed Dinah. Oliver went to an asharam and refocused himself. There he met up with his son, Connor and found himself again. No alcohol involved.

Oliver's also never been a druggie. That bit of comics canon from the Red Arrow aka Arsenal aka Speedy 1, who both Dinah and Ollie helped him kick drugs from his system.

Here's an interesting question...is it safe to say that if/when Clark meets the young Jor-EL, that he will keep their father/son relationship a secret from him?

Yea I have a feeling Clark wont tell him maybe even because the current Jor-El at the fortress tells him it could alter the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"