9.05 - Roulette - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Lois needs to calm it down and be cool....STAS did not have Lois fighting all the time.

Some parts of this episode, I really liked and others I absolutely detested.... so um.... I'm not sure what to make of it.
:huh:

Meh! This episode was pretty lame for me, not because it was Oliver centric but msotly because of a self-righteous little blonde poking her noise into someone else's life once again!:whatever: Here we go:

The Good:

Clark-What can I say? He was the best character of the hour and it sucks he didn't have enough screentime. He's best moment is when he saved that women when she was beeing attacked in her car...BADASS!:woot:

The first two Clois scenes-Those had to be the nicest and most natural Clois moments of the season so far. This is why I love these two together, they have so much fun and their reactions to each other are priceless!

Clark finding out about the Kandorians-About time! I liked how Alia was in the last episode (it's great the writers are continuing to connect the episodes) and I love Clark's reaction to seeing all those Kryptonians.

The Lolliver scene-I love how they finally closed the chapter on Lois and Oliver's romantic past and are finally really great friends.

The last scene-How awesome was that seeing GA and the Blur looking over Metropolis together side by side?:wow:

The Bad:

Lois' reaction to Clark keeping Oliver's secret about his suicide attempt-For second, Lois sounded just like Lana back in the day where she always over re-acted when Clark kept secrets. I couldn't believe that! That scene really put me off, even kinda pissed me off!:cmad:

The Chloe twist-Oh. My. God. Where do I begin! So Chloe, even though she had this all planned out so no one would get hurt, still risked Oliver's and her cousin's life just to show Oliver he's a hero? Okay, Chloe, what ever you say!! Please! Chloe once again pulled a Lana and did the wrong thing for the right reasons. She drug, shot at, tortured and played a game with Oliver and Lois' life that could have also put other innocent lives in the crossfire. Oliver being grateful and thanking Chloe? *vomits* I swear if Clark pulled this, Chloe would lecture the sh@% out of him!:whatever:

Roulette-Besides Steph Song looking the part and looking hott, what was the point of having her in this episode?:huh: She wasn't a villain, she wasn't threatening, she was just Chloe's puppet and one half of another homo-erotic catfight with Lois. What a waste of such a great DC villain!:whatever:

The first disappointment of the season for me. I give it a 6.5 just because there were some parts I liked. Next week, you damn right it better be LEGENDARY!!:woot:

Some of my exact sentiments. I cringed when Lois said that to Clark... she doesnt think that someone's attempt at suicide is worthy of being kept private???

And Chloe.... oh my lord.... I wouldnt know where to start, but you've made a good one, so I'll just repeat your post.

the thing about Clark and Lois' fight is that it was a touchy subject. I could see why Lois was upset with Clark. I understood it. But I also got why Clark didn't tell her. It wasn't his place and for all he knew, Oliver may have wanted to keep it a secret. I'm just surprised people were more bothered by Lois' reaction than Chloe's "method" to get Oliver out of his funk. I've read other boards and people are treating Chloe as a hero and Lois as Lana 2.0. :dry:

the thing about Clark and Lois' fight is that it was a touchy subject. I could see why Lois was upset with Clark. I understood it. But I also got why Clark didn't tell her. It wasn't his place and for all he knew, Oliver may have wanted to keep it a secret. I'm just surprised people were more bothered by Lois' reaction than Chloe's "method" to get Oliver out of his funk. I've read other boards and people are treating Chloe as a hero and Lois as Lana 2.0. :dry:

The thing is I dont think Lois really would react like that, if anyone understands those kinds of things, its Lois, but what I think bothered me the most about that situation was that there was no follow up to it.

Its Lois and Clark, they should have spent more time on following up their tiff than they did with Oliver and Lois, since they're history.

And Chloe.... I'm so used to being totally annoyed by her character, that I feel like a broken record. The thing that stuck out most about her actions, was putting Lois's life in danger, after she had just given Clark attitude about it in Metallo. :cmad:

I agree, I was disappointed that there was no follow up to the fight. I was expecting one of the last scenes to be Lois apologizing to Clark or something. Maybe there was one and it was just cut out? I think the crew has a bad track record of editing out important scenes that should be in the episode. I'm still waiting for Lois to acknowledge that Jimmy is dead.

Chloe is more lanaesque with her manipulative ways to accomplish her goals. TPTB are ruining the character, they don't know what to do with her (like Lana), but since she's not part of the mythos, maybe her downfall will explain her absence from Superman's life.

SMALLVILLE: SEASON 9 Description

Meanwhile, Clark and Chloe's relationship is starting to become strained. No longer content just being Clark's sidekick, Chloe uses Watchtower's powerful computers to spin her own web of influence and intrigue, manipulating people like chess pieces in the name of the greater good. But when Chloe begins to believe the ends justify the means, it sends her on a collision course with her friend and ally Clark.

so hopefully Clark will pick up on her "methods" and set her straight.

I agree, I was disappointed that there was no follow up to the fight. I was expecting one of the last scenes to be Lois apologizing to Clark or something. Maybe there was one and it was just cut out? I think the crew has a bad track record of editing out important scenes that should be in the episode. I'm still waiting for Lois to acknowledge that Jimmy is dead.

The worst part about it is, knowing this show they will be at the Daily Planet next week and act as though nothing happened with no mention of the fight at all.

Chloe is more lanaesque with her manipulative ways to accomplish her goals. TPTB are ruining the character, they don't know what to do with her (like Lana), but since she's not part of the mythos, maybe her downfall will explain her absence from Superman's life.

But when Chloe begins to believe the ends justify the means, it sends her on a collision course with her friend and ally Clark.

Well this part makes me hopeful that it will be acknowledged that she is a whack job instead of the white-wash that I expected.

The thing is I dont think Lois really would react like that, if anyone understands those kinds of things, its Lois, but what I think bothered me the most about that situation was that there was no follow up to it.

Its Lois and Clark, they should have spent more time on following up their tiff than they did with Oliver and Lois, since they're history.

And Chloe.... I'm so used to being totally annoyed by her character, that I feel like a broken record. The thing that stuck out most about her actions, was putting Lois's life in danger, after she had just given Clark attitude about it in Metallo. :cmad:

I was pissed by how callousless she said Roulette went off the "script". It's like it didn't matter. I think with Lois yeah she would understand that but I think its the fact that its Ollie and Clark knew he was in a bad place and it didn't seem like he was doing anything about it.

Also, I hated how she scoffed about Clark not being invovled. No respect.

At first I thought this would be good, but now I'm just hating Chloe. I mean when Clark finds out, I hope to ****ing god that they don't wash over it and make Clark seem the bad guy for shouting at her like they always do. This is Clark's morals, he doesn't back down with Ollie when it comes to them, he doesn't back down with Lex or Tess, so why Chloe?

"Let's just say if there's an anti-life equation I found it hurf durf!!!"

Oh god that was easily the most groan-inducing of all the stupid little tounge-in-cheek comic references they've done yet. I mean what the hell does that even mean if you dont get the reference?

Oh god that was easily the most groan-inducing of all the stupid little tounge-in-cheek comic references they've done yet. I mean what the hell does that even mean if you dont get the reference?

It just made no sense. So I guess it suites this episode well.

Was I the only one who expected when Oliver broke out of the box, that he would find himself in a giant hive of endless other coffins, maintained by squid-like robots?

No, just me?

I thought the most groan worthy was the speech Oliver gave Roulette before she got "shot" and he got "arrested". He tells this woman he barely knows how he's hurt so many people and how if he hurt the people that were closest to him etc, etc. It was so overdramatic, I actually scared my mom by laughing out loud

Last edited:
i didnt think either were groan worthy to me, and i thought the darkseid nod/riff was cool to hear. But i can see why some may have not liked it.

That was just a weird episode. I really thought that it was Tess who was behind the Oliver game. Would've made more sense. But Chloe??? What happened to her character? The whole Roulette character was a waste too. It's not like she's the best DC villian out there but she could've been any random person.

Hopefully next week will be back to the standards that we've come to expect this season.

well in the comics roulette was more known for being apart of cage fighting rings and other criminal acts. So they probably didnt want to harpen on that thing again. But not all dc characters have been identical to their comics self in the show. I do agree she was a bit wasted to being just invovled on chloe's plan but she did look great and they kept the martial arts background there too for the character. Maybe if she returns in the future she could do more who knows.

As for chloe i said this a few times maybe with "Jimmy" dieing it changed who she is and now she just wants to control things. So maybe she is going through a little control/power hungry phase. Wanting to be in charge of all the variables and all that. Sure it might look bad on the character. I still like her and all that, but we dont know how things will plan out with her for the rest of the season. Then what is going to happen to the chloe character if 10th season happens and allison doesnt renew contract.

well the way she is kind of caused Jimmy's death. She did things behind Clark's back that she thought was for the greater good and indirectly caused Jimmy to die. If anything, his death should have taught her not to be so power/control hungry.

true there but you never know how death changes someone.

the thing about Clark and Lois' fight is that it was a touchy subject. I could see why Lois was upset with Clark. I understood it. But I also got why Clark didn't tell her. It wasn't his place and for all he knew, Oliver may have wanted to keep it a secret.

I'm just surprised people were more bothered by Lois' reaction than Chloe's "method" to get Oliver out of his funk. I've read other boards and people are treating Chloe as a hero and Lois as Lana 2.0. :dry:

Exactly

some are just looking for their smoking gun to use against Lois(because they don't like her,she not the real Lois,etc...)

The Chloe supporters live in denial , they'll twisted around the bad to make the good seem all worth it .

As for the lana 2.0., I Don't Think So .

I actually enjoyed this episode. I like how they're keeping Chloe involved in the story, but keeping her at a distance so Lois and Clark get more screen time. I think this season has been spot on so far. 5 terrific episodes. I'm also glad to see Green Arrow back.

Lois had every right to be upset, just as Clark had every right to keep Oliver's life private. In affect they both had good reasons for doing what they did. Concerning Chloe, she's easily become an ends justifies the means type of person. A clash with Clark will be inevitable. I just hope when that happens, Clark totally OWNS Chloe in the conversation instead of writing Chloe with more attitude and backbone than Clark.

Lois had every right to be upset, just as Clark had every right to keep Oliver's life private. In affect they both had good reasons for doing what they did.

agreed 100%

Concerning Chloe, she's easily become an ends justifies the means type of person. A clash with Clark will be inevitable. I just hope when that happens, Clark totally OWNS Chloe in the conversation instead of writing Chloe with more attitude and backbone than Clark.

also agree. I still hate that Chloe slammed Clark in Metallo just because she wasn't his "go to" person anymore.

Weird episode for me, loved and hated it. I never really understood Ollie's crisis so I'm glad to see it end. Lois was insanely annoying but Chloe really stepped up :up:

Lois had every right to be upset, just as Clark had every right to keep Oliver's life private. In affect they both had good reasons for doing what they did. Concerning Chloe, she's easily become an ends justifies the means type of person. A clash with Clark will be inevitable. I just hope when that happens, Clark totally OWNS Chloe in the conversation instead of writing Chloe with more attitude and backbone than Clark.

yeah I hope so, totally hate when Clark is having a moral argument with someone and they set him straight even though what they did was wrong... I mean the only person Clark was on an equal footing with moral arguments was Lex.

agreed 100%

also agree. I still hate that Chloe slammed Clark in Metallo just because she wasn't his "go to" person anymore.

when was that? when he was phoning Lois?

Weird episode for me, loved and hated it. I never really understood Ollie's crisis so I'm glad to see it end. Lois was insanely annoying but Chloe really stepped up :up:

I'd say it was the other way around, Chloe was more annoying than Lois. I could understand Lois, but with Chloe it was just ... what?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"