9.05 - Roulette - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The thing is I dont think Lois really would react like that, if anyone understands those kinds of things, its Lois, but what I think bothered me the most about that situation was that there was no follow up to it.

Its Lois and Clark, they should have spent more time on following up their tiff than they did with Oliver and Lois, since they're history.

And Chloe.... I'm so used to being totally annoyed by her character, that I feel like a broken record. The thing that stuck out most about her actions, was putting Lois's life in danger, after she had just given Clark attitude about it in Metallo. :cmad:

no one was in danger though right?

yes it was all a set up there was to be no harm done. Really the only harm was lois getting a little banged up from roulette cause she went "off script".

when was that? when he was phoning Lois?

it was at the beginning of Metallo when Chloe brings Shelby back to the farmhouse and Clark comes back in his suit.

OK epsiode. Not bad but probably at the bottom for Season 9 for me. For some reason though I did really like the part where Clark saves that lady getting mugged in the car. Gave me a chill. Very Superman-ish with the score they used to.

I'd say it was the other way around, Chloe was more annoying than Lois. I could understand Lois, but with Chloe it was just ... what?!

I did roll my eyes when I found out it was staged and that she was behind it, but I have to give her props for getting Ollie out of his stupid funk.

I thought it was a weak episode. Too much jumping around from location to location and too many threads going on at once. They may as well have left Lois and Clark's fight out since it didn't seem to have any resolution.

no one was in danger though right?
Eh, it's debatable. What's not debatable is the completely over-the-top methods Chloe used to snap Oliver out of his funk. If Clark had done half that much, fans would have been outraged. And heaven forbid if Lois was in on it. I hope the writers tone down Chloe a bit. She's resorting to means of which she knows Clark would never approve but she's doing them anyway. It also made Clark's speech to Oliver in the prior episode meaningless since Clark had no part in helping Oliver at all. Chloe put Oliver through hell and it was all just an elaborate ruse of which both Clark and Lois were unwilling participants. And speaking of Oliver's state of mind, WTH? Are we supposed to believe it's all because of Jimmy's death (which was out of his control), loosing Lois (who he's still good friends with), and Lex's murder (who really isn't dead)? Honestly, I think the entire arc was a whole lot of unnecessary story for the sake of drama. Suffice it to say, I've had my fill of Oliver-centric episodes but I'm glad to see his "my life sux" shtick is over.

Moving on, I like how the writers are slowly building the complex relationship between Lois and Clark, but I wish they were a little more uniform in how they portrayed it. Clark goes from being assertive (stopping Lois' playful punch, holding her arm and staring into her eyes while they stand 8 inches apart) in one scene to looking uncomfortable sitting next to her on a couch in another. Now I know he was preoccupied with saving people during the laundry/shark movie scene, but it's not like he only works the evening "save me" shift. The dichotomy between awkward and assertive should come with a costume change, not time of day.

Not much more to say here. Roulette goes to the bottom of my favorite episode of the season list.

Eh, it's debatable. What's not debatable is the completely over-the-top methods Chloe used to snap Oliver out of his funk. If Clark had done half that much, fans would have been outraged. And heaven forbid if Lois was in on it. I hope the writers tone down Chloe a bit. She's resorting to means of which she knows Clark would never approve but she's doing them anyway. It also made Clark's speech to Oliver in the prior episode meaningless since Clark had no part in helping Oliver at all. Chloe put Oliver through hell and it was all just an elaborate ruse of which both Clark and Lois were unwilling participants. And speaking of Oliver's state of mind, WTH? Are we supposed to believe it's all because of Jimmy's death (which was out of his control), loosing Lois (who he's still good friends with), and Lex's murder (who really isn't dead)? Honestly, I think the entire arc was a whole lot of unnecessary story for the sake of drama. Suffice it to say, I've had my fill of Oliver-centric episodes but I'm glad to see his "my life sux" shtick is over.
I'm a pretty big Chloe fan but "outraged" doesn't even cut it. I'm also pissed about Clark not trying to help Oliver after that speech he gave in Echo. But then I'm pissed at Oliver so it evens out. Lois of course comes out of the episode the best, but even she's only going around to the Kent Farm because Oliver blew her off and is yelling at Clark for lying to her later.

Can we just forget this episode ever happened and pretend Ollie got better in Offscreenville?

I never really understood Ollie's crisis

I have to agree with this. His emotional lack of stability seems forced. They just wanted to put his character down a different path, but really the only way to have done that believably, would have been to kill a LOVED one of his imo.

Oh, I'm glad you liked it...

Tough grade to give. Not enough Clark, not nearly enough, but was still highly enjoyable.

Oh, noticed some typos I didn't catch last night...

Oops, but you guys love me anyway, right?

:facepalm:

Last edited:
yea i feel you there it wasnt overall bad as i said yes some faults but like you trip still a fun episode to watch.

Oh, I'm glad you liked it...

Tough grade to give. Not enough Clark, not nearly enough, but was still highly enjoyable.

Oh, noticed some typos I didn't catch last night...

Oops, but you guys love me anyway, right?

:facepalm:

No, can't find within my heart to love anyone who isn't perfect and has typos.....

:D kidding

*Whaps the back of TW4Supes' head*

;)

Cool review trip, I'm dying to read your review on "Crossfire" .

Cool review trip, I'm dying to read your review on "Crossfire" .

Thanks.

I worked on Crossfire some last night, but we got guests coming to see the Bronco's game today (we have NFL Sunday Ticket) because it's not being broadcast locally...

Fun stuff, I don't even really like football that much, but they're my son's friends and they're Bronco fans... not sure what I'm going to feed them.

*sigh*

I got cheese and tortilla chips and salsa, sounds like nachos day to me.

;)

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this. But anyone notice the "Anti-Life Equation" reference.

yup we got it on the night episode aired. i thought it was a nice nod towards darkseid, i said it before i wouldnt mind if they did add him in, if they do things in the right manner.

Not enough Clark, not nearly enough, but was still highly enjoyable.

Is there ever enough Clark? They could show us an entire episode that consisted of nothing but him putting his shirt on and taking it off and at least one person here would say there wasn't enough Clark.

:word:

Is there ever enough Clark? They could show us an entire episode that consisted of nothing but him putting his shirt on and taking it off and at least one person here would say there wasn't enough Clark.

:word:

Well, he could be on every second and it wouldn't be enough.

;)

What's the line from the Kelly Clarkson song, "Beautiful Disaster"?

'He's never enough
And still more than I can take...'

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"