• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

8.10 - Bride - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey trip just wanted to say finally got around to reading your review of bride, another good work. by chance do you know who made the dd suit i know it was a mix between suit and cgi work right?

Hey trip just wanted to say finally got around to reading your review of bride, another good work. by chance do you know who made the dd suit i know it was a mix between suit and cgi work right?

I don't know... I think it was mostly special effects make-up and costuming, but it's sorta hard to tell, we didn't really get that good a look at him.

Of course, the effects in the alley with bones that came out of his hand was digital visual effects, but other than that I'm not sure about when he was full-on DD in the barn and then in the Fortress...

Yea i know its hard to tell. I can see when some things were cgi but the cgi/costume for doomsday was great looking.

I could not say more than "WOW" for this episode.
I found it amazing !!! everything was great : the Lois&Clark moments, the transformation of Doomsday and later ... Doomsday himself 5for now the makeup/suit doesn't seem to be cheap. good. that's the only thing I hope.) ! Lois&Ollie moments, the end in the fortress, the Lana/Clark moments. Everything was neat and great and precisely written. the only plothole I found was "why the hell does Doomsday come to Smallville ?!?" but that was explained in the end. Season 8 keeps being amazing. Erica Durance's portrayal of Lois seems to be better and better. I am so impressed by her qualities every time I see her. Same compliments for Tom Welling. I think the chat between Clark and Lana was very subtle and very precise and I felt that was necessary and important. I felt that the talk needed somespecial words, it was a special moment and I felt Tom Welling ,and K.Keurk in this specific moment, were pretty good.

On a side note, I really think Justin Hartley does a great job as Ollie Queen. I just think that, sometimes, he could be more ... "focused", I mean ... not always the party boy and I keep seeing him like this in this season. good job too.
I miss Aquaman a bit.

Last edited:
Can anyone post a pic of Doomsday?

KalKaialeready post pics of doomsday from the trailer but there are some pics on Smallville wiki(although not very clear ones)

snapshot20081114031842xt1.jpg

snapshot20081114031904pl2.jpg

Sam Witwer explained in a new TV Guide interview:

TVGuide.com: That definitely was not you in that costume during "Bride."
Witwer:
No. I wish I was 6-foot-8. That guy [playing Doomsday] is huge, and he's really cool. The costume they created is literally that character form the comic book. They did a great job.

So, I guess the guy in the barn and carrying Chloe in the Fortress was this 6 foot 8 dude in a suit, although it probably had some help from the Visual F/X folks at Entity. (the red glowing eyes)

thanks trip for getting back to me on the question i was wondering. Its great they went all out for doomsday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"