9.07 - Kandor - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mikelus

Intellectualis
Reaction score
UPDATED 8/13/09: Title Posted.

- With a title like that, could Kara be returning? Or might it be a Zod flashback episode?

source: K-Site

Fab. Yoo. Luss. The title alone has me excited.

Is probably a Zod-centric episode, Kara maybe back later on to help Clark defeat Zod and his Kryptonian Army (season finale material).

isn't Laura off doing the show "V"?

Yeah, I doubt Kara's returning. This is likely backstory & flashback heavy stuff.

I want to see baby kara running around kandor in this episode but it depends how far in the past it is, judging by the zod phantom I'd say 10-15 years. However that's logic, this is smallville

HA. "That's logic, this is Smallville..." love that.

I hope they talk about what happened to Krypton and it has something to do with Brainiac

Then watch S:TAS
I meant maybe Brainiac had something to do with kandor's disappearance like in the comics(maybe he shrunk it or put it in the orb or something) and I think we can see this through Zod's eyes

This is just "My" take on what the previous series & movies have told me,don't know much on comic history.

Reckon Brainiac was meant to be (for krypton) a kind of super soldier able to do on krypton what Kryptonians can do on earth.
Zod thought this was the way to go & Jor-El & Council disagreed knowing brainiac was flawed which resulted in military revolt & Civil war.
So both ZOD & JOR-EL see themselves as Kandor's "Savior" .
Don't think Brainiac has anything to do with Kandor's dissapearance in any way.
Tess Mercer being reffered to as "Savior of Kandor" probably just meant she'll allow for it to be saved by ZOD.

And the "KANDOR" episode will very likely just be an insight to events on Krypton between ZOD & JOR-EL which set all this in motion.( i hope)

And i agree with others younger Jor-el "should" be played by Tom Welling as in "RELIC episode".

No facts , just my view.

"Hope is our greatest quality":supes:

Yea we know laura isnt likely free to end of the season if at all. And we know at the the con they talked about getting into zod's/kandor past so we know its going to be that. I wonder how far in the past before krypton blew this zod is from.

V has gotten nothing but good reviews and the series starts in November when Kandor is going to air.

The problem with reviews of TV shows is that no one ever sees anything but the Pilot so the reviews mean very little. Imagine reviewing a film after only watching 1/22 (5-6 minutes) of it. Also, many pilots are the best parts of their respective series.

V will have to maintain a ratings number in the 10-12 million range weekly given it's high production costs. Looking at the stats of every other 80's show that the Nets have tried to revive, that seems like a rather tall order. Not saying it's undoable but the odds are seemingly stacked against it. ABC's track record with SciFi stuff isnt the greatest either. Hell, the show's predecessor only lasted one season back in the mid 80's to begin with after the miniseries.

Last edited:
True we dont know how long V will last, but they are still filming episodes for that show, and laura is a series regular. Were as smallville is currently shooting episode 5 or 6 right now. And the producers made it clear as of right now for first half of the season kara is a no go. Plus really it would be silly to see her in the kandor episode if it is indeed a flash back episode of zod's time in kandor on krypton and its likely going to be stated that the time this major zod came from is like 10 or so years before he was general zod/sent to the phantom zone. So if we see kara at all with zorel/etc... el family members she would likely only be a small child so they could get any random blonde kid actress to do it.

Wasnt debating that she was actually going to be in the episode. I dont think the producers have any want or desire to bring her character back. Laura V is sure pretty to look at but isnt realy much of an actress.

Wasnt debating that she was actually going to be in the episode. I dont think the producers have any want or desire to bring her character back. Laura V is sure pretty to look at but isnt realy much of an actress.

yeah, the producers cast based on looks rather than talent IMO.

Uhem...... Battlestar Galactica anyone. :whatever:
:cwink:

she got you there Hulk

Was talking about on real networks not stuff that airs on "SyFy" although one mild success story doesnt negate the other 30 some odd failed attempts to try and relaunch dead TV series. Although if V gets ratings numbers that look like BG's it will be cancelled in 2 weeks, it's a whole different ballgame being on a niche cable net vs a Big 4 net.

*Stares hard at the horrible Knight Rider remake/sequel*

:cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"