9.07 - Kandor - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

You see Jor-El walk onto the Kent Farm.

Ad break.

When we return, Chloe arrives at the Kent Farm, comes into the house...and finds Jor-El mysteriously standing stationary in shadow (perhaps pausing a moment to see who he is encountering).

Who knows how many minutes or hours he had to roam around before Chloe happened to arrive at the house?

Hope that helps.

\8/

:word:
OK, it just came off to me like it had been there already, and Jor-El came to the Kent farm to retrieve it (and that's what he was doing in the video Chloe watched). Or was he placing it there? Did he bring it back with him from the Orb? Questions questions questions. Oh, and howdy, Jack.

Oh, P.S: Anyone else catch the almost-Williams Krypton leitmotif as the credits started rolling? That made me smile. :)

He was placing it into the air vent from what i recall.

As for city of kandor getting blown up, i take it within the next 20yrs before krypton finally blew up itself. That the city was rebuilt, since we know they in smallville universe live in crystaline building and look how quickly the FOS was built. So after the battle and area was cleared they likely rebuilt it in no time.

As for "Black Zero" we mentioned this a couple pages back. In pre crisis comics it was a group of aliens/terrorists who in that period of comics cause krypton's core to blow up which caused the planet to blow up down the road. In post crisis comics it was a name of a superboy villain with kryptonian like powers.

Oh, I didn't know that. But the fact that they didn't explain it makes me think it's just a plothole that the writers missed (even though it's a BIG plothole).

Kandor was obviously rebuilt, I mean it only took a few seconds for Clark to build the Fortess of Solitude. I'm sure the Kryptonians re-built Kandor in a matter of minutes. The retcons actually weren't that bad in this episode. Considering the events of the Kandor flashbacks took place 20 years before the destruction of Krypton. There are a lot of possibilities of what exactly happened to the orb as well as other future events (Kara's birth, Clark's birth, the Doomsday experiment, Zod meeting Faora, the stones of knowledge being sent to Earth through time, Jor-El programming the orb as a damage control device to strip his son's powers, etc.)

Anyway, I enjoyed this episoe A LOT! Really well done and was the best episode so far this season. Callum and Julian were really outstanding, strong performances, nice story development, loved the Kandor flashbacks, the special effects were pretty mind-blowing (the budget this season is almost as good as Season 5!!), Clark using all his powers in one episode, loved the Clark/Oliver scenes, nice story progression, good continuity (a "Relic" reference did make this episode!) and loved the reference to the original Superman comic.

I liked this episode. The only thing I didn't like was why Clark couldn't find Jor-El. I mean unless Zod imprisoned Jor-El in a Lead building he should have found him within minutes. And lol he still has a problem w/ people sneaking up on him. Zod stood like 60 feet from him and he didn't notice him.

This may have been pointed out already but was the tree that Clark finds Jor-El under significant? It looked a little like the Clark - Lana tree from previous episodes.

I was baffled at the use of blue k to be honest 20 years before krypton blew up.
Mainly because i thought it was DAX-UR in season 7 says he discovered it's effects on earth shortly before Krypton's end.

How did Jor-el know to use it on the Orb 20 yrs earlier then ??

well he probably had thoughts of what could happen with the stuff, which i think in smallville's universe kryptonite was on krypton but due to it not being irrated by the destruction of the planet later on, it was just like a regular old crystal/gem.

Wow just a great episode, i really enjoyed this alot. Zod is a great character at this young age. He just seems like a genuine leader and thats awesome. Anyone else think that the pacing has picked up in the show like ALOT!

I was baffled at the use of blue k to be honest 20 years before krypton blew up.
Mainly because i thought it was DAX-UR in season 7 says he discovered it's effects on earth shortly before Krypton's end.

How did Jor-el know to use it on the Orb 20 yrs earlier then ??

Not sure I follow you here. Dax-Ur only said he personally discovered the effects of Blue K on Kryptonians. He didnt say he was the only one to ever do so or that he was the first one to ever find this out., IHis statement just shows that he didnt personally know about it before but discovered it for himself sometime later.

yeah but didnt Zor-El know about blue Kryptonite.

well zorel clone did say he came to earth a few times testing things.

It would be kind of cool if Jor-El placed something that can be added to the FOS in a place that Clark could easily find. Maybe its a holographic projector of his image, or possibly a phantom zone projector to send Zod's army to the PZ

possible we will probably find out in middle of the season.

yeah but didnt Zor-El know about blue Kryptonite.

Maybe he knew about it from Jor-el.

It would now appear that Zor-el stole Jor-el's cloning technology, so its easy to assume then that he stole the blue kryptonite idea from Jor-el as well.

Maybe he knew about it from Jor-el.

It would now appear that Zor-el stole Jor-el's cloning technology, so its easy to assume then that he stole the blue kryptonite idea from Jor-el as well.
I do like that link, between Zor-El's selfish and immoral cloning in season 7 and Jor-El's stand against in this season. It's a reasonable and cool assumption to make that Zor-El stole the tech and misused it. Fits with the character.

yeah that's sounds good, i like that idea. I would've liked to have seen Lara in this episode. Didn't Kryptonite appear on Krypton as Krypton was starting to blow up?

So what does everyone think about Pam Grier signing on to play Amanda Waller?

Didn't Kryptonite appear on Krypton as Krypton was starting to blow up?

No, according to Kawatche history a man from the stars brought with him special green stones that had strange effects on people .

So it's clear that a Kryptonian (probably Jor-El) while on his walkabout on earth brought with him small pieces of kryptonite (probably to see the effects it would have on earth)

i dont really know her work myself, but i hear she is a great actress and has cult status which is very good. But this is the wrong thread to talk about it. You should go to the legends thread, or the justice thread for pam grier talk.

As for kryptonite on krypton i am in the mindset that kryptonite was around on the surface of the planet and was just a normal regular jewl/gemstone and it didnt become radioactive to either being under a yellow sun or from krypton's destruction.

oh right sounds good, don't recall hearing that Kal-El8, when did they say that?

I give this episode a 7/10. I think it's a solid episode but I think it's probaly my least or second least favorite episode this year. But considering how good the season has been as a whole I don't mean that as a knock at all. I mean I think that every episode this season has been better than most of the last two or three seasons.

totally thought for me i enjoyed it alot, even with the few retcons on orb/crystals(though with them getting sent to earth and we known krypton used portal devices it could been said they got sent to different points in earth time). But i have very much enjoyed the season on the whole, and no episode to me has sucked totally. Sure some bad moments in a few but nothing to make me not like the episodes.

So to us fans who were wondering how the orb/crystals of knowledge could be made 20 yrs before krypton blew up. But the orb/crystals on earth were said to be around for at least a couple hundred years. Here is what the SV writers have to say about it on twitter:
http://twitter.com/SV_Writers
Al replies: Jor El travelled to earth via portals (established in RELIC and LARA) which traverse time and space...

...This allowed him to come to earth in the 60's (RELIC) and drop off the orb and stones of knowledge at an earlier time in Earth's history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"