A Good Day to Die Hard

I kind of hate posts like these (nothing personal). If one doesn't like Live Free or Die Hard it's because he's "one of those internet haters"? I personally didn't like it, but I won't start hunting people who did. On the other side, and this is not directed to you of course, unfortunately there are instances of people talking down to other who have different opinions.

Last edited:
I'm not going to rag on people who didn't hate Die Hard 5 (even for folks who did enjoy it), but on my end, I'm making it clear I didn't like it. Different strokes for different folks.

It's certainly not one of the decade's all-time worse films... but it could and should've been a lot better than it is.

I'm not going to rag on people who didn't hate Die Hard 5 (even for folks who did enjoy it), but on my end, I'm making it clear I didn't like it. Different strokes for different folks.

It's certainly not one of the decade's all-time worse films... but it could and should've been a lot better than it is.

Definitely!

Last edited:
I kind of hate posts like these (nothing personal). If one doesn't like Live Free or Die Hard it's because he's "one of those internet haters"? I personally didn't like it, but I won't start hunting people who did. On the other side, and this is not directed to you of course, unfortunately there are instances of people talking down to other who have different opinions.

Hey, don't take it that way buddy.

I'm talking about people who are mean about it, obsessive, genuinely angry and act as if they have a big bone to pick with a film - basically the people who excessively crap on films and ridicule others who like it. Having opinions is all good - but some of these people will be on boards for weeks, months and sometimes even years flogging it.

I'm never talking about normal people who hold opinions.

"The Dark Knight Rises is *****ing terrible and anyone who likes it is a friggin moron who has no taste in film!" - those are the people I'm talking about. Sometimes a film like TDKR can't be mentioned in a forum without someone cursing someone else out for liking it.

Don't worry, nobody gets ticked at posters like you.
:cwink:

The problem is that there is no in between anymore. There is no more simply "liking" a movie. It either completely and totally sucks, or is amazing and the best film ever.

This is exactly how people respond to TDKR.

True story, everything is extreme on the interwebz.

If your point was that you don't care about what critics say and you don't know what critics are saying then why did you claim to know that they only like oscar films?

It seems to me that you didn't like the fact that a film that you want to see is getting bad reviews so you just tossed something out some so called fact that a simple google search would show isn't true. I did that like five years ago regarding Hellboy's reviews and learned my lesson.

A google search a day keeps the internet correctors away.

Sorry I never got a chance to respond...So let me answer this:

Me saying that a mainstream critic only likes Oscar type movies is purely sarcastic, we all know that is not true. I gave my example as to why I really dont care for a mainstream critics review before I see a film.

You assume Im some Die Hard fanboy which is funny,, im not. Actually I liked Die Hard 1 and 3. Didnt care much for 4 and am not intrested in seeing 5 in the theater. I simply saw a preview the other day for Die Hard 5. I simply came to this thread and wanted to see if there was a big fan base still for die hard,, thats all.

Last you took a leap in assuming im some fanboy of Die Hard and mad it got bad reviews I guess. I have not seen Die Hard 5 nor read any reviews..sorry

Last edited:
You now know me. :woot:

The vast majority I have talked to about it much prefer "With a Vengeance".

Same with me. Most people I know didn't even see LFODH until it was on cable...

I definitely prefer Die Hard 3 over any of the other sequels.

Most ppl I know really dislike the 3rd one but Most my friends love all the Die hards... Well the first 4. I still prefer the 2nd over the 3rd and 4th idk why I just F#&king love Die Hard 2. I Love Die hard with a vengeance just i think that LFODH is the better movie. LFODH is way more over the top but I love it!

I felt LFODH even with the PG-13 rating ,and I hate non R rated action movies, really got John McClane right even tho he wasn't saying the F word all the time.

Biggest problem with this one was that it wasn't McClane alone. Imagine how epic it could have been...the fifth film in the series, with McClane literally confined to one location, fighting his way out (like the original DH). Maybe the villain is someone with a personal vendetta against McClane this time again, but just really bring the series back to its roots and make a film that was both completely fresh and familiar at the same time. Massive twists and turns along the way.

I felt like I was watching a crappy Jason Statham movie at times, and the father-son combo was unecessary after we already got the father-daughter banter in the last one. Like, c'mon now. The trailers also sucked bigtime. I wish this was more of success. :(

McClane hasn't really been alone since the first one though

So how many innocent people died because of McClane in this film? He drove over cars, smashing them all, in traffic for Pete's sakes! All those poor dead families!

And what a minute, I don't even remember the shot of the Russian girl stripping down in the parking garage. Even though the entire marketing highlighted this ONE darn shot and it was..cut????

Am I going cray-cray?

And what a minute, I don't even remember the shot of the Russian girl stripping down in the parking garage. Even though the entire marketing highlighted this ONE darn shot and it was..cut????

Am I going cray-cray?

You blinked in slow-mo.

McClane hasn't really been alone since the first one though

Exactly my point. I said it before, but these are like buddy cop movies now. Witty banter between two characters who don't like each other (or have a bad relationship) at first, but go through hell together and come out respecting one another. Samuel L. Jackson, Justin Long, and now this dude.

This was a great opportunity to emulate the structure of the first film. FAIL.

I am really torn on seeing this, I am a big fan of the first 4 movies, but this looks terrible, at the same as a fan of the series I want to see it, would anyone recommend it?

this is one of the rare times when people on the Internet are on the same page on something. Kinda remarkable in a nerdy way.

I am really torn on seeing this, I am a big fan of the first 4 movies, but this looks terrible, at the same as a fan of the series I want to see it, would anyone recommend it?

This film is ****ing horse ****, don't bother...

Am I going cray-cray?

It was in the beginning but we only saw her start to strip and then it cut away.

Finally saw it. It was SO much fun! It takes a lot of talent to manage to be worse than DH4, but my God, they did it! The action was terrible shakey cam, terrible editing, the story just wasn't there. Willis was less McClane than he was in DH4, the movie looked like straight-to-DVD, Skip Woods didn't disappoint me and put all the cliched lines in there, insulting Russia and indirectly disrespecting the Chernobyl victims. It was glorious, it was like watching a movie by Dali, it was THAT surreally bad. Much more memorable and enjoyable than the mediocre mess that was DH4. 1/10 for the lovely and unfortunate Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Finally saw it. It was SO much fun! It takes a lot of talent to manage to be worse than DH4, but my God, they did it! The action was terrible shakey cam, terrible editing, the story just wasn't there. Willis was less McClane than he was in DH4, the movie looked like straight-to-DVD, Skip Woods didn't disappoint me and put all the cliched lines in there, insulting Russia and indirectly disrespecting the Chernobyl victims. It was glorious, it was like watching a movie by Dali, it was THAT surreally bad. Much more memorable and enjoyable than the mediocre mess that was DH4. 1/10 for the lovely and unfortunate Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

I might have missed something but how come the McClanes could walk around Chernobyl unprotected but the villains were wearing protective suits and breathing equipment??

I still love everything about Die Hard so I did appreciate this one, regardless of how bad it really is. It's still McClane and I'm happy to see more of it. Bruce Willis is the ****in man, no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"