• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why they should combine it with USM's combat.

Thread Manager, change the name to "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VIDEO GAME THREAD"

pleaaaaaaseeeee

TM to be entirely hated. And now for the cliched emotion
:argh:

What isn't cliched anyway?

There's already an Amazing Spider-Man Video Game in the video game forums. :o

^^That line above is cliched too :o

We love this thread, we were attached to it, no reason to end it

I have never actually played USM, what is the combat like?
You start with three kicks, and three punches, it gets upgraded to five of each after a while.

You can move him left to right, wall bounce attacks, jump and Spider-Man jumps on the enemy with a punch or a kick, depending on the button you press. Rotating between foes and switching between punches and kicks in one combo make attacks stronger

Wall crawling button is used to grab and throw thugs

The Arkham games actually are "that great". It's why they've been critically acclaimed.

Furthermore, when people say they want an Arkham Asylum for Spider-Man they mean a game where you FEEL LIKE THE MAIN CHARACTER.

I would want a combat system either like Assassins Creed, or Arkham Asylum . I liked Web Of Shadows combat the most out of spidey games.

The Arkham games actually are "that great". It's why they've been critically acclaimed.

Furthermore, when people say they want an Arkham Asylum for Spider-Man they mean a game where you FEEL LIKE THE MAIN CHARACTER.
:huh:
Who mentioned them now?

I still haven't played Arkham City, and sure Arkham Asylum is great, no one said differently, but damn it, it has some stuff neglected and people complained about them when they are lesser in other games they enjoy less.

Like PP complaining EoT has the same enemies again and again, they have variety, why complain about it there and forget in BAA all small enemies have the exact same size and design, they have differences in skin color and being bear chested or not, same designs, same moves. Some with sticks, some with stun rods, some with knifes, and others with sticks. Make MORE sense in complaining about something people

Haha sorry Aziz but sometimes I really get a headache reading your posts

I do too

Short story long; don't complain about something in one game making it an excuse to look down on it, and neglect that thing you complain about in another game you drool all over

Thing is, while Arkham Asylum maybe didn't vary that much in enemies, the gameplay itself varied in such a way that you never felt like you were doing the same **** all over.

In SD and EoT however (haven't played EoT though but from what I've seen) you basicly fight horde after horde with the same looking attacks all the time. That's why I think people feel like they're fighting the same all the time.

:huh:
Who mentioned them now?

I still haven't played Arkham City, and sure Arkham Asylum is great, no one said differently, but damn it, it has some stuff neglected and people complained about them when they are lesser in other games they enjoy less.

Like PP complaining EoT has the same enemies again and again, they have variety, why complain about it there and forget in BAA all small enemies have the exact same size and design, they have differences in skin color and being bear chested or not, same designs, same moves. Some with sticks, some with stun rods, some with knifes, and others with sticks. Make MORE sense in complaining about something people

...Dude, what?

Look at spida-man's post in the closed thread.

We've had this convo before. The Arkham games have gotten more stuff RIGHT than they have WRONG. It's the polar OPPOSITE with Spider-Man games.

Every game is somewhat repetitive, but in Arkham Asylum it was never boring.

SD (and I'm assuming EoT) were painful.

Thing is, while Arkham Asylum maybe didn't vary that much in enemies, the gameplay itself varied in such a way that you never felt like you were doing the same **** all over.

In SD and EoT however (haven't played EoT though but from what I've seen) you basicly fight horde after horde with the same looking attacks all the time. That's why I think people feel like they're fighting the same all the time.

Exactly, my good man. :up:

No kidding, and replaying BAA time after time never gave that feeling
In all of these games you fight hordes of the same enemy.

The gadgets, gargoyles, the stealth, Riddler's challenges, and from the PS3 Joker's challenges, these are awesome, without them you'd have an average Beat 'Em Up in BAA, even with the whole island to be explored, you still fight hordes of the same looking enemy, even during boss fights they come

That is why I prefer (the much better game than what people call it to be, criminally underrated even with all its flaws) Spider-Man 3, gameplay has more variety. The web yoyo, free fall, ways to kick down foes, Jameson's mission, and the photo mission of the pseudo-Spidey (where I can place him anywhere I like after catching him) alone make the game faaaar more entertaining than all of these games:
BAA
The -I hate for being overly repetitive with mind numbing ridiculous story- Shattered Dimensions
And EoT

And it has some of the best boss fights in any action adventure game:
Harry have the entire city to fight in
Mega lizard I can toss from his tail
Riding Rhino's back and spinning him around
Controlling Scorpion

SD sure has boss fights doing great feats, but you still repeat the same moves with all four Spider-Men, no special ways to attack a boss other than (USM Rhino like) Goblin Noir

Lol Aziz, why do people who praise the Arkham games annoy you?

...Dude, what?

Look at spida-man's post in the closed thread.
Oh, right

We've had this convo before. The Arkham games have gotten more stuff RIGHT than they have WRONG. It's the polar OPPOSITE with Spider-Man games.
The five Spider-Man games I adore did far more right than they did wrong, but I admit the movie games did plenty of wrong

Every game is somewhat repetitive
Of course
but in Arkham Asylum it was never boring.
I still love to play it, didn't get bored myself, but man, people go over board complaining about some and praising some

SD (and I'm assuming EoT) were painful.
I still hate SD, EoT I enjoyed for reminding me of several games I love, mostly Capcom games

Lol Aziz, why do people who praise the Arkham games annoy you?
They annoy when going overboard complimenting it, sure I felt like Batman in that game, but seriously, praised too much

..?

Nobody's called it the best thing since sliced bread, all I've seen is people saying Arkham ____ is better than SD, etc. Lol

You did not see what I saw
Lucky you

EDIT: "What I saw" is linguistically more accurate or "What I have seen"?

First of all, I can just simply say that I don't agree with you Aziz. When you're upset, you post in such a way that it's barely readable for some reason. I just can't stand reading your posts when you want to prove your point because it's just way too confusing.

Secondly, the Arkham games are not prasied too much. They deserve the praise. YOU may not like it, but it still deserves all the praise it's gotten. It IS a great game, superior to many, many, many games out there whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"