The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe after a venom only movie and possibly then Crossing over into SM

That last video of the demo footage that was posted was flat out awful. That player sucked big time. It makes such a big difference when someone is playing the game that actually has some skill with the controls. If that was the first demo footage that we got to see, I'd probably think the game was crap. Not really...but damn, what the hell is that guy doing in the video game industry?? He should change careers, lol.

That last video of the demo footage that was posted was flat out awful. That player sucked big time. It makes such a big difference when someone is playing the game that actually has some skill with the controls. If that was the first demo footage that we got to see, I'd probably think the game was crap. Not really...but damn, what the hell is that guy doing in the video game industry?? He should change careers, lol.

The description says the video was taken at one of those Walmart events, so I doubt it was someone in the video game industry. You may have just insulted a child!

The description says the video was taken at one of those Walmart events, so I doubt it was someone in the video game industry. You may have just insulted a child!

Oh my bad. haha! Well, that kid sucks anyway. lol.

You know what I like about the way Spidey is shown crawling inside air vets? some parts of him are shown

So.. we don't know who is he?

djtCR.jpg

Last edited:
That video on screw attack made sense. I thought the city looked smaller than SM2's and that guy did say it felt small.

Also, the city DOES look VERY small in this video too! to get to one side of manhatten width wise would take like 10 seconds. Very disappointing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9GtzhOAms

Last edited:
That latest video reminded me of infamous 2. On another note I was "trying" to play shattered dimensions last night and I COULD not get into it. The camera was so far away. The webswinging was automatic and there was no controller movement or vibration or anything. The combat felt so weak and lame. I could not get into it. I hope that the combat is actually fun this time. I was observing how spidey moves and I noticed he doesn't do enough jumping or flipping or evasive moves at all. I would like to see him literally bouncing off of the bad guys. I didn't see that. I also think there's a difference between freeflow combat and just stopping in the middle of a combo and the counter not running out.

In terms of the swing system it looks so AUTOMATIC. In spiderman 2 it was fun to manually swing to the top of a building by twilting the analog stick and literally swinging around and using the momentum booster(x) to get higher and higher.

I also appreciated the animations way more. Building momentum makes the game feel very different. Turning a corner should take precision...not just tilting the stick and bam it's done. I think the reviews for the game will shed some light on some of the issues I can already see. That is the main reason why I have not preordered this game.

That video on screw attack made sense. I thought the city looked smaller than SM2's and that guy did say it felt small.

Also, the city DOES look VERY small in this video too! to get to one side of manhatten width wise would take like 10 seconds. Very disappointing.
Yeah, city is pretty small, with that info I know this game won't be a game that prevents me from looking back at older Spidey games and play them
I still play the Gameboy games anyway, so scratch that idea

Im even thinking of bringing my PS2 down to play SM2 again. All they need to do is redo the graphics and BOOM great game haha

Im even thinking of bringing my PS2 down to play SM2 again. All they need to do is redo the graphics and BOOM great game haha
They need to do two more things:
  • Not an obligation to play so many pre-requisite tasks to advance in the story
  • Be able to replay missions with all upgrades
Port this upgraded version to PC, I wanted something like that for quite some time

@Arun.

It's sad but true. What annoys me is they should have literally taken that system. Using the x button at the bottom of the swing to build momentum and speed. And the overall control of spidey was so different. They say they understand but then they do their own thing and it doesn't look that great.

If they used the new camera with the swing system from sm2 and with more than 3 webswinging animations and the ability to actually fire a webline and not just use one hand(and the same hand) every time they would have the best swing system ever. Instead we get the automatic one for the 3rd time. Tbh I don't think they get what the fans want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9GtzhOAms

they probably had to downsize in order to put more detail in the environment. Look at Arkham City. The 10 blocks that the game took up looks amazing, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"