• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they should do is do a poll for how they want the swinging to be. I don't doubt that when the new spiderman comes out in 2014 that Beenox will do the second installment. They NEED proper web swinging, especially since Next gen will be out by then

Last edited:
What they should do is do a poll for how they want the swinging to be. I don't doubt that when the new spiderman comes out in 2014 that Beenox will do the second installment. They NEED proper web swinging, especially since Next gen will be out by then

I agree with this. Automatic speed and swinging is not sm2 swinging. I think the swing system will end being the Achileies heel of the game.

@Aziz.

Most fans wanted a direct copy of sm2's system but with improvements. Most fans agree that sm2's was the best. And imo it continues to be the best.

Yeah there's not too many differing opinions on that aspect of the game. I would like to see a more acrobatic spidey in combat,sm2's swing system verbatim plus enhancements,more web rush animations and more controller vibration and rumble when moving.

Another issue I have with Shattered is a blessing and a curse. It's the combat system. I love how he has so many moves to you use but at the same time there's so many of them they are hard to remember. I like variety but I think that there's something missing. Another issue for me is the lack of challenge against regular thugs etc. Like imo there doesn't seem to be much satisfaction or incentive to battling the bad guys. It's just not as fun as it should be for some reason. There are very few "OMG that was awesome moments".

I don't think it was the best. Id say Web of Shadows was

Yeah there's not too many differing opinions on that aspect of the game. I would like to see a more acrobatic spidey in combat,sm2's swing system verbatim plus enhancements,more web rush animations and more controller vibration and rumble when moving.
2ch6j4g.gif

So I just got back from gamestop. I asked them what was the story with the preorder content and the guy said that he wasn't aware that there was any.. He said if there is a pre order bonus, that they'll more than likely hear about it closer to release. The game was only 50 euro though.

So I just got back from gamestop. I asked them what was the story with the preorder content and the guy said that he wasn't aware that there was any.. He said if there is a pre order bonus, that they'll more than likely hear about it closer to release. The game was only 50 euro though.

I was at Gamestop yesterday and they had a sign by the register advertising the game, and the Rhino preorder bonus.

I surprised that so many people are complaining about the webs not sticking to buildings.

I surprised that so many people are complaining about the webs not sticking to buildings.

Honestly I think I'd rather have it like that than in SM2 where you're constantly running into buildings, cause the webs stick to the sky in WOS and that game is the closest they've come to the swinging making you feel like Spider-Man. (In my opinion of course)

I haven't pre-ordered yet, but now I think I'm leaning towards ordering from Amazon than Gamestop. Something tells me that playing as Rhino won't be as unique as people think. If I wanna smash a city, I'll play the Hulk games, I guess. Playing as Stan might be a little more surreal and funny.

I'm pretty sure you get an extra readable comic with Stan Lee DLC, and some 50th Anniversary thing (which might be the comic). I think if they were to be both DLC one day, I think the Stan Lee mission would cost more than the Rhino DLC. So I'm going with the Stan Lee DLC.

@Webhead. If you master the swing system(which clearly you haven't) you can swing without running into buildings. It can be mastered and it feels great.

And whoever said Web of shadows was the best needs to get there's eyes checked.

@Webhead. If you master the swing system(which clearly you haven't) you can swing without running into buildings. It can be mastered and it feels great.

No I haven't, I got a bit bored with it. Spidey was too small in the city.

I got my PS2 out to play USM again, seeing as ive been rereading the comics it made me want to play the game. I hope this games swinging is better though (and I really like this games swinging, not even close to SM2 though.)

The thing with web attaching to the buildings, is by that you end up going one way or the other and its quite hard to just go straight, ort at least until you get a handle on it. So i think for the GA its a better option and for us too.

I guess you missed the part when he said, "(In my opinion of course)" Maybe you should get your eyes checked.

I got my PS2 out to play USM again, seeing as ive been rereading the comics it made me want to play the game. I hope this games swinging is better though (and I really like this games swinging, not even close to SM2 though.)

The thing with web attaching to the buildings, is by that you end up going one way or the other and its quite hard to just go straight, ort at least until you get a handle on it. So i think for the GA its a better option and for us too.
I still would have preferred it if they put anchor points near buildings, sometimes it looks like the web is just going straight up when there are clearly buildings around. The close camera probably throws me off with the web too.

The guy in the screwattack video said the city felt small because of how fast spidey moved. Hes the first person to mention that, so lets wait and see. As for the webs attaching to buildings I find myself not caring in the slightest anymore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back