The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find the last comic page. I've swung all over the island and still couldn't find the yellow dot on my mini-map. am I missing something or have I gone blind?

I am loving this a lot, I love all of the little touches Beenox sticks in there. Stuff like being able to jump from car to car now effortlessly, saying hi to pedestrians, all the stuff about Stan's apartment and the easter eggs with him, the chapter titles that are pulled from comic stories, the alternate costumes, probably other stuff I haven't mentioned. Just great attention to detail, I really like it.

There's some big movie spoilers in Rhino's bio, lol. I read his bio in the game and I was like, "Oh wow, I actually didn't think that was going to happen in the movie".

This isn't a spoiler for the movie but remember Rhino's bio? How it mentioned an Oscorp CEO whose pet project that was on the side?
Rhino's bio says it's Dr. Ratha is behind Rhino in the game instead of 'Oscorp CEO' which was probably a placeholder or something they couldn't say maybe. Cool touch.

Well this possible glitch of being stuck at level 19 and not having the web rush punch upgrade just sucks. No matter what I do I can't unlock it, and now it forever says "upgrade available" on my screen. Which is distracting. If I have to start a new game and lose everything after being 70% done I will be pissed.

I can't seem to find the last comic page. I've swung all over the island and still couldn't find the yellow dot on my mini-map. am I missing something or have I gone blind?

Check around Oscorp tower, the last one I needed was there and was a flying page that I couldn't see on my map till I was pretty high up the tower.

Well this possible glitch of being stuck at level 19 and not having the web rush punch upgrade just sucks. No matter what I do I can't unlock it, and now it forever says "upgrade available" on my screen. Which is distracting. If I have to start a new game and lose everything after being 70% done I will be pissed.

Do you have no other skill to purchase or upgrade?

That happened to me so I decided to get all the infected and it was right next to one

I'm getting the game first thing tomorrow morning and gonna play it right away, so excited! :D

Got my game today and just got to my Apartment. The only thing I dislike so far, the wall crawling. It just feels so weird and awkward. The animation is just horrible. Nothing like Shattered Dimensions or Edge of Time.

Got my game today and just got to my Apartment. The only thing I dislike so far, the wall crawling. It just feels so weird and awkward. The animation is just horrible. Nothing like Shattered Dimensions or Edge of Time.

and that was the worst wall crawling in the history of Spider-man games

Yeah, it was bad and the camera was all over the place. Though it was ok in Edge of Time. But most importantly, it looked right when he stuck on a wall and moved. Now we don't have horrid camera problems, but now the animations suck completely.

Yeah, it was bad and the camera was all over the place. Though it was ok in Edge of Time. But most importantly, it looked right when he stuck on a wall and moved. Now we don't have horrid camera problems, but now the animations suck completely.

from the walkthrough videos I've seen, I didn't think it was that bad

Oh, it's bad. So bad. Seriously, as mediocre as people thought Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time were, the animations where just right. I never even had complaints about them back then. But in this game, the horrible wall crawl animations just jump at me.

i cant stand the jumping.. its pretty much useless and forces you to use webrush.. as for crawling, i dont really care what it looks like cuz i never see it.

Are you talking about jumping while inside, or jumping as a whole? I know that they dial back your ability to jump high/far while in buildings (understandable), but you can get ridiculous air while jumping in the city.

Also. I really don't get the complaints about loading taking too long. Loading takes about 10-15 seconds for me and only once or twice did it take longer (still less than 30 seconds). Even if it did, that's about average for games. Look at the Assassin's Creed games. Hell, look at Medal Gear Solid 4 and Skyrim - loading times for those were insanely long. If people's patience is so low that they can't be bothered waiting for 10-30 seconds, than that's just sad.

Are you talking about jumping while inside, or jumping as a whole? I know that they dial back your ability to jump high/far while in buildings (understandable), but you can get ridiculous air while jumping in the city.

But very little forward momentum...still i dont mind the jumping that much.

Ah. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever tried jumping forward, lol.

I wouldn't like having Spidey jumping around like a flea indoors either. Would ruin the great camera. Considering how good indoor web-swinging is and the power of web retreat and web rush, I'm glad that for once jumping around isn't your main evasive move in a fight. You having rolling and evade over enemy redirects for that.

Last edited:

both, its nearly impossible for me to pinpoint where i wanna jump to and actually jump there, and not overshoot it or undershoot it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"