• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
That mission pissed me off too. I eventually finished it but it was a pain in the ass on Superhero.

What way did you approach it? I kept using webrush but she was STILL dying. It resulted in me shouting at the tv haha

What way did you approach it? I kept using webrush but she was STILL dying. It resulted in me shouting at the tv haha

I would web-strike the guys shooting then swing around and web-strike the next guy. Had to do it really quickly though, so it was a pain in the ass.

Trying to save Whitney Chang from the guards shooting her in chapter 3 on superhero mode was so hard! Couldn't do it so I had to do it on hero mode :(

The easiest way is to stand back and webshoot them. Keep them tied up and they don't respawn.

So, does collecting all pages count in how much you completed from the game?

Yeah it does.

This game has done something right cause I'm hooked on it. The black cat bank robbery is easily one of, if not my favorite mission. Wish there were more like it. Story could've definitely used more regular non cross-species super villains.

It's such a shame the city is so wasted in many ways. Scorpion was the only non robot boss fight to occur in the city but unfortunately you are unable to make use of the rooftops and streets.

It's such a shame the city is so wasted in many ways. Scorpion was the only non robot boss fight to occur in the city but unfortunately you are unable to make use of the rooftops and streets.
And Rhino for the first fight. I think that's it, though.

The easiest way is to stand back and webshoot them. Keep them tied up and they don't respawn.

Yeah it does.

This game has done something right cause I'm hooked on it. The black cat bank robbery is easily one of, if not my favorite mission. Wish there were more like it. Story could've definitely used more regular non cross-species super villains.

Yeah so true, i hope in the next game they use the city more and also more single species villans also :woot:

anybody hoping for a kingpin appearance ? i always wanted to swing through his lair just like in the 90's series

*sigh* im going for 100% today then restarting on super-hero with the 100% costume

Yeah so true, i hope in the next game they use the city more and also more single species villans also :woot:

anybody hoping for a kingpin appearance ? i always wanted to swing through his lair just like in the 90's series

Yeah, agreed. I hope they bring back Felicia and have her get some powers, maybe they could somehow do the bad luck powers or something. And Morbius would be cool as well, he was forced to create Rhino here by Dr. Ratha and he even has a character trophy. His bio is pretty sweet, just a test away from becoming the living vampire. :woot: It would be nice because Morbius has never been a boss in a Spidey game ever (except for the PS2/Wii version of SM3).

Trying to save Whitney Chang from the guards shooting her in chapter 3 on superhero mode was so hard! Couldn't do it so I had to do it on hero mode :(

That mission pissed me off too. I eventually finished it but it was a pain in the ass on Superhero.
Reminds me of Dum Dum Dugan in MUA in the Omega Base on hard difficulty
Not something pleasant without cheating

That reminds me of the side mission in SM2 where you meet Mary Jane somewhere for a date and you had to get there at a certain time. The last few were really hard and it took me a lot of tries to beat them, even though I had the highest webswing upgrade. I don't know how I managed to do it, but I did.

Just got 100%. Was easier than I expected.

Also, I just noticed, the size of the city is completely wrong. It's too small; The north and south ends of the island are almost non-existent. Has no one else noticed?

That's one of my complaints. The city is too small and the streets are not that accurate. I should be able to spot Times Square from the ESB but, for the life of me, could not find it from up high.

That reminds me of the side mission in SM2 where you meet Mary Jane somewhere for a date and you had to get there at a certain time. The last few were really hard and it took me a lot of tries to beat them, even though I had the highest webswing upgrade. I don't know how I managed to do it, but I did.

The speed button in the middle of your swing?

Really liking this game so far. My only complaints would be the combat and the wall crawling. The counter with the combat can be a bit iffy at times and the crawling animation is atrocious. Other than that this is a pretty decent game !

Finished the game 100% so I don't know when I got that skill, thought it was through petty crimes. Guess your game is glitched man.

I think I will just have to start over. *sigh*

Welcome Harv (imagined saying it in Conroy's Batman voice)

Like I said to someone else before, wait for the price to drop, hopefully you might find a full release in disc, there's always the possibility someone likes it less than others
Most who played it say it's gold for a movie licensed game

Thanks for the welcome and cheers for the heads up. I'll wait for the hoopla to die down as well as the price before buying this and that's if I buy it.

hahaha.

I'm watching a playthrough of TASM video game and I legitimately laughed when Spidey tells this security "My fault? You tased me bro!".

Just wanted to share that. Freaking awesome little meme reference there.

I was carrying a mental patient (in the game, of course) and he said to me "Now that we're close, Spider-Man, I want to tell you something I've never told anyone else....I'm a virgin."

:funny:

Yeah I really like the off hand quirky remarks. Good game so far from what I've seen.

Alright, no bs. Is this game seriously worth buying? because the spidey games by and large for the last 10 years have been poor. SM2's saving grace was the open city swinging system and that's about it. I don't want to shell out cash for a poor product at a premium. How's the voice acting, story, villains, swinging etc?

If you're not sure, rent it first.

IMO, this is the best Spidey game we've had in a long time mostly because it's got everything that I wanted in a Spidey game. Others may disagree but there's no denying that Beenox deserves some serious credit here. It's not easy to make a noteworthy movie-tie in game. There's some serious hurdles that they have to overcome and the biggest one is working for Activision.

So, like I say, rent it first or go to youtube and watch some walkthroughs of the game if you don't mind being spoiled. Oh, and welcome to the forums :woot:

The game is pretty good so far. I'm now on chapter 8. This is really very impressive for a movie tie-in game, and it's certainly not a bad game discounting that. Guess this is one of those times gamers really appreciate what critics don't.

The PS1 Spider-Man game will probably always stand as the best for me, but this is certainly the best in a long time as you said.

I was carrying a mental patient (in the game, of course) and he said to me "Now that we're close, Spider-Man, I want to tell you something I've never told anyone else....I'm a virgin."

seriously? damn i rescued all of them already and never heard that one. my fave is i dont like this captain america, i literally burst out with a giggle

So, does collecting all pages count in how much you completed from the game?

Yes. You need all 700 pages to get 100% completion, in addition to everything else.

Argh. That mission pissed me off! Haha! Glad I wasn't the only one that had some issues with that part. I eventually got it on superhero mode but it was real tough...gotta be really quick and mix swinging with web rush punch.

Really liking this game so far. My only complaints would be the combat and the wall crawling. The counter with the combat can be a bit iffy at times and the crawling animation is atrocious. Other than that this is a pretty decent game !

I'm not sure why you didn't like the combat. IMO, it was easily the best combat we've had in a Spidey game. The animations are sick. Mixing the web rush with the web rush retreat and you can make Spidey move just like in the comics. One thing I really like doing is mid-fight, go into slow-mo web rush and pick a spot just behind one of the enemies...release web rush, Spidey zips there and the camera even adjusts for you so now you're standing right behind the enemy and start wailing on him. It's so cool how using web rush makes you feel just like Spidey. The counter is just like anything else...you need good timing. Once you got it down...it's great.

As far as the wall crawling animation...well, I haven't really watched it that much cause Beenox nailed the camera function perfectly. I just look down at the floor below just like what Spidey would be looking at during a wall crawl.

The game is pretty good so far. I'm now on chapter 8. This is really very impressive for a movie tie-in game, and it's certainly not a bad game discounting that. Guess this is one of those times gamers really appreciate what critics don't.

The PS1 Spider-Man game will probably always stand as the best for me, but this is certainly the best in a long time as you said.

My biggest issue with the game is that all the random crimes disappear once you've reached the number required to fulfill the achievement/trophy. In a way it's good cause, ya know, Spidey is actually getting rid of all the crime in NYC, lol, but unfortunately for us, it makes for a really stale free roam experience.

I've been reading posts about ASM on other forums and this is by far the most common issue that players are having with the game. I really hope Beenox keeps tabs on this sort of thing and decide to release a update/patch/DLC to compensate for this problem. What'd be awesome too, if they'd release maybe some combat challenge maps and additional side missions.

ahhh! i have 699 pages and the final is a flying one!:argh:(i can´t find it)

I either have bad hearing, or I never got anything of that. I got "I'm sweating.. a lot" and "I made a boo boo... in my pants" a lot. Never got Captain America or virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon