The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

I always preferred the chest logo looking like this, rather than four limbs going up and fours down

It's probably never going to happen, but if a game went for a bright, vibrant comic look I would love this:
attachmentgg.jpg

It already happened, the amazing spider-man levels in Shattered Dimensions

Anyone else notice the Future Foundation unlockable costume has the colors inverted? How could Beenox miss that? Kind of a drag.

Anyone else notice the Future Foundation unlockable costume has the colors inverted? How could Beenox miss that? Kind of a drag.

I believe they did that on purpose. And I kind of like the colors inverted :shrug:

Somebody filled me in that the FF suit was able to invert its colors for some reason or another, so it isn't an error.

It still looks cool but there are a lot of suits in black, this one with the original black on white would have been a refreshing change.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I gotta say that compared to the offerings in both SD and EoT, the alternate suits in ASM were kinda crappy. There really wasn't that much of a selection of good suits. And both the Kaine suit and the Big Time suit looked awful in game--like they were tattooed on his body rather than cloth. I pretty much just swapped between the ASM suit (no belt) and the Raimi Black suit.

The Raimi black suit looks awesome, and I like the Negative Zone suit with its big eyes, but really they are too similar, Symbiote suit is my preference.

After swinging around yesterday in the FF suit I gotta say it is actually one of my favorites.

I got the game for cheap so I don't mind throwing out some money for the dlc, a few extra mini games plus the red and blue Raimi suit...sold!

I guess Activision won't be helming the sequel. ..if there's one coming out of course.

Activision or Beenox? Activision has been the publisher for Spider-Man games over 10 years so if they lost the property that'd be a big deal! I do think Beenox can make an improved game for the sequel since they got a lot of stuff right in this game.

I beat it the other day and after finishing the story I can say it is easily the best Spidey game on PS3. And sweet Jesus the classic blue and red Raimi suit looks so good!

Just gotta keep on trucking to that 100%, to get the new black costume.

Apparently Activision is stepping back from movie licensed games.

Somebody filled me in that the FF suit was able to invert its colors for some reason or another, so it isn't an error.

It still looks cool but there are a lot of suits in black, this one with the original black on white would have been a refreshing change.
I have the original design for some odd reason

Yeah, and I gotta say that compared to the offerings in both SD and EoT, the alternate suits in ASM were kinda crappy. There really wasn't that much of a selection of good suits.
SD offered 4 extra suits/dimension, 4 dimensions, and this only has one Spidey
the only alternate I like is the red & blue for Ultimate
And both the Kaine suit and the Big Time suit looked awful in game--like they were tattooed on his body rather than cloth. I pretty much just swapped between the ASM suit (no belt) and the Raimi Black suit.
I didn't get that impression with Kaine's Scarlet-Spider, and I couldn't unlock the Big Time suit :csad:
Couldn't unlock any suit by taking a photo of the hidden symbol, symbols did not show, not even with tampering with my system calendar :cmad:

Found all the collectibles, saved the free-roam city missions for last, very close to the platinum trophy and Amazing black costume!

You guys realize yet that the next Spider-Man game will most likely be on the next gen systems? I'm already excited.

I actually think the Big Time and Scarlet Spider '12 suits look great. If you look closely you can see they have texture to them, but it appears only the Raimi and Amazing suits take battle damage for whatever reason. The eyes on the Kaine costume look pretty menacing, like Spidey is ready to give a beat down. All the costumes are rendered very well, the graphics in this blow the other PS3 Spidey games out of the water.

The costume selection in this game definitely grew on me, I actually like how they used most of the current suits. Spider-Man has gotten a lot of new costumes recently and almost all of them are represented here. Plus, I would rather have the 2 suits we got from the original movies than any others from the comics. Only thing that would be better is if the suits had augmented abilities, like stealth on the big time suit or extra damage for the black costumes.

Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue. I did notice we can't pick the Party Hat anymore which is a shame :(

Edit - By the time I finished my session last night I had 100%! Woot! Game = Mastered.

Last edited:
Found all the collectibles, saved the free-roam city missions for last, very close to the platinum trophy and Amazing black costume!

You guys realize yet that the next Spider-Man game will most likely be on the next gen systems? I'm already excited.

I actually think the Big Time and Scarlet Spider '12 suits look great. If you look closely you can see they have texture to them, but it appears only the Raimi and Amazing suits take battle damage for whatever reason. The eyes on the Kaine costume look pretty menacing, like Spidey is ready to give a beat down. All the costumes are rendered very well, the graphics in this blow the other PS3 Spidey games out of the water.

The costume selection in this game definitely grew on me, I actually like how they used most of the current suits. Spider-Man has gotten a lot of new costumes recently and almost all of them are represented here. Plus, I would rather have the 2 suits we got from the original movies than any others from the comics. Only thing that would be better is if the suits had augmented abilities, like stealth on the big time suit or extra damage for the black costumes.

Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue. I did notice we can't pick the Party Hat anymore which is a shame :(

Edit - By the time I finished my session last night I had 100%! Woot! Game = Mastered.

Congrats on getting 100%! It's always a good feeling to know you've completed everything and although not always difficult it's worth doing.

I really liked ASM however it left much to be desired. The biggest detractor for me was the extremely boring free roam. I've stated this point many times, so I won't go into much detail. I'm hoping for the next game they really concentrate on that particular aspect and take notes from both SM2 and USM.

As for the bolded part...go into your PS3 and change the calendar date to any day in August 2012. That will open the option for the Party Hat. Cheers.

There's a lot of small features that would really improve the free-roam if the developer wanted to try and be a little more inventive. Imagine swinging around and the Spider-sense starts buzzing, controller vibrates, and you need to follow it to the random crime, instead of just going to a mission start point. The fact that the side missions don't reset after 100% is a flawed design choice.

When I get the urge to play the game again I am planning to rush through the story missions and save all the extracurricular free-roam stuff at the end, so I can pop it in anytime and have a lot to do.

Another trivial thing that would be rad would be the game running a real-time night and day cycle and weather read off the actual weather in NYC at any given time. Rain, snow, etc.

If the next game (be it a movie tie-in or not) is on next gen consoles, they could set the bar very high.

Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue.
Did those, the missing suit is still missing
I don't feel bad about the Future Foundation not being reveresed, I like the white with all the black suits in there
I feel bad for leaving this more than a month without a reply, sorry :O

So, I'm playing this game again.
This game is still more fun than the sequel, and it makes me sad to say that.
But I can't place all the blame on Beenox for the lackluster (although still enjoyable) sequel.
I will blame Beenox on the terrible port of a sequel with toned down graphics.

So, I'm playing this game again.
This game is still more fun than the sequel, and it makes me sad to say that.
But I can't place all the blame on Beenox for the lackluster (although still enjoyable) sequel.
I will blame Beenox on the terrible port of a sequel with toned down graphics.

I still haven't purchased the ASM2 game. I don't think I've ever gone this long without purchasing/playing a Spidey game. Guess I'm tired of mediocrity.

I still haven't purchased the ASM2 game. I don't think I've ever gone this long without purchasing/playing a Spidey game. Guess I'm tired of mediocrity.
TASM2 is the first Spidey game I can fully agree on calling it a mediocre game, I'm enjoying it more than I did the first time, but man is it sad.
Some of the improvements made for that game should have made it more fun by default.

I like TASM2 game.

Not as much as the first game. And I agree, it's sad. I get kind of a rushed and depressing feeling about the game.
And I got tired of constantly having to stop crimes/disasters. If they eliminated that stupid Hero/Menace meter, I might've enjoyed it a little more.

I thought the first game was OK but nothing special. Second game was even worse. Spider-Man just happens to be in the wrong hands at the moment.

TASM2 is the first Spidey game I can fully agree on calling it a mediocre game, I'm enjoying it more than I did the first time, but man is it sad.
Some of the improvements made for that game should have made it more fun by default.

I like TASM2 game.

Not as much as the first game. And I agree, it's sad. I get kind of a rushed and depressing feeling about the game.
And I got tired of constantly having to stop crimes/disasters. If they eliminated that stupid Hero/Menace meter, I might've enjoyed it a little more.

Sad, indeed.

One thing I've always given Beenox credit for is listening to the fans. Just about everything that people were writing them and suggesting after the first game debuted they put into ASM2. More random crimes that continue even after story mode completion, Peter Parker activities, advances in combat i.e. countering two enemies at the same time, more challenging/realistic web swinging, etc. and for the most part these things seem good. However, even though they included these ideas the problem appears to be their implementation. And I'm just going by YT videos that I've watched and also user comments cause I still haven't played this game. It's like for every advance they took two steps backward.

I'm not sure this falls solely on Beenox or if this is a result of a low budget and the moronic ideals Activision holds to their games, unless of course it rhymes with CoD. As an example of taking steps backward, they included never-ending random crimes in a greater number of types than what was in ASM. But with an annoying Hero/Menace system that is more of a burden than a challenge and cut scenes both prior to and following the crimes--the flow is gone and you're taken out of the experience.

IMO, the free roam is the most important aspect of an open-world Spidey game. That includes everything associated with it, web swinging mechanics and other mobility mechanics to the fun you should experience while tackling random activities. Beenox somehow seemingly managed to botch it not once but twice.

I got it like 2 months ago for 29.99 but almost ever game I get I get the day it comes out for the 59.99

Those dragging cutscenes are a pain, I'm glad they don't exist in the first TASM, mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"