Ant-Man and the Wasp Spoilers Thread

Fallen

I'm done running from my past.
Reaction score
SPOILERS

r4QjJ2J.jpg

Press screenings are next Friday. Post and talk about spoilers here.​

Stuff I found on Reddit

The Ghost is Ava Foster, Bill Foster’s daughter. Foster and Hank Pym discovered the Quantum Realm together while working for S.H.I.E.L.D., but Pym refused to continue their experiments after Janet Van Dyne disappeared. Foster’s attempts resulted in the death of his wife and Ava being trapped between both realities, allowing her to phase through solid matter, but also keeping her in a state of constant pain. Foster hires Sonny Burch and his men to steal Pym’s mobile headquarters so he can venture into the Quantum Realm, which he believes is the key to controlling time and space, but Ava intervenes, hellbent on destroying their research, which she blames for her mother’s death and her condition.

Foster suits up as Goliath to fight Ant-Man and The Wasp when they discover he is Burch’s employer and attempt to stop him from venturing into the Quantum Realm. Foster nearly defeats them before Ava kills him and then chases Ant-Man and the Wasp into Quantum Realm, where they fight. Janet intervenes, and Ava's containment suit ends up being damaged, causing her to vanish into the very fabric of reality. Ant-Man and The Wasp manage to rescue Janet before the portal collapses, but once they are reunited with Pym in the normal world, Hope and Pym vanish due to Thanos’ attack, leaving Scott and Janet behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the post credit scene will be?

Gotta be something really big....I can't imagine Hope gets dusted in post credits as one of the reactions said that "you will be left speechless when the credits roll" so it's probably at the very end

I wonder if the dusting comes out of nowhere or if they'll notice any news reports of what happened in NYC and Edinburgh? (Since no one would hear about Wakanda )

I wonder if the dusting comes out of nowhere or if they'll notice any news reports of what happened in NYC and Edinburgh? (Since no one would hear about Wakanda )

Could be a reveal of a Special machine I think or someone of the Avengers Show up (Maybe Hawkeye?)

After the Reviews I dont think Wasp will dusting anymore.

I like oatmeal packets. :o

I think Laurence Fishburne accidentally spoiled stuff and confirmed some of that leak on the premiere just now lol

That second end credits scene seems fake, didn't people who saw it said BOTH are big?

There are times when end credit scenes go too far. Trapping our hero seems like something that ought to be in the movie, not the credits.

Last edited:
Eh, it's OK. I mean dusting 3 characters is very serious too :) That end credits scene is weird though, that was in the trailer. I don't believe credits scene was ever featured in MCU trailers before

Hope getting dusted would be extremely lame, but sadly I fully expect it to happen.

Hope and Janet both disappearing even lamer, but sadly it seems plausible. Well if anything apparently Hope is amazing in this one and Evangeline is getting tons of praise

If these are the real post-credits scenes, the critic reactions make no sense. Even if they're Disney shills who have to give only positive reviews to get invited to more premieres, they could have just said "stay for two post-credits scenes!" Praising the drum set gag from the trailers and the hero getting stranded as the woman they spent the film rescuing turns to dust... huh?

If these are the real post-credits scenes, the critic reactions make no sense. Even if they're Disney shills who have to give only positive reviews to get invited to more premieres, they could have just said "stay for two post-credits scenes!" Praising the drum set gag from the trailers and the hero getting stranded as the woman they spent the film rescuing turns to dust... huh?

It's all in the execution brotha. Neither of those things have to be dealbreakers unless you insist on them being so. The movie can still be good regardless.

It's all in the execution brotha. Neither of those things have to be dealbreakers unless you insist on them being so. The movie can still be good regardless.

Of course the movie can be good without good post-credits scenes! But we've seen critics who were at the screening praise post-credits in particular, which makes it more likely this is fake.

So there isn’t really a hero/villain fight in this? I like the smaller scale of it and the more personal story.

First credit scene

Hope, Janet and Hank send Scott into the quantum realm to harness quantum energy for experiment/observation. Just when he tells them they can pull him back out, the snap happens and all three are dusted. Scott is left stuck in the quantum realm.

Second

just that stupid giant ant drumming. HOWEVER, one interesting detail is a background television screen, which shows an emergency broadcast signal. The world outside seems dead; looks like the snap practically brought down civilization itself.

That scene with
Rudd caressing Douglas' cheek
sounds absolutely hilarious :funny:

Hope and Janet both disappearing even lamer, but sadly it seems plausible. Well if anything apparently Hope is amazing in this one and Evangeline is getting tons of praise

Which is why her getting dusted would be so lame. Peyton Reed spends an entire movie setting her up to be awesome, and yet she STILL doesn't get to take part in the big team-up/final battle with Thanos (and yet Scott does)?

I'm getting tired of these movies seemingly going out of their way to sideline Wasp in favor of Ant Man. She's an important Avenger in the comics as well. Why can't she AND Scott be involved in Avengers 4 or at least have BOTH of them get dusted?

Well it's MCU. Black Widow still doesn't have her own movie and it took them 20+ films to give a woman the lead. I expected nothing different from them here.

Which is why her getting dusted would be so lame. Peyton Reed spends an entire movie setting her up to be awesome, and yet she STILL doesn't get to take part in the big team-up/final battle with Thanos (and yet Scott does)?

I'm getting tired of these movies seemingly going out of their way to sideline Wasp in favor of Ant Man. She's an important Avenger in the comics as well. Why can't she AND Scott be involved in Avengers 4 or at least have BOTH of them get dusted?

Well it's MCU. Black Widow still doesn't have her own movie and it took them 20+ films to give a woman the lead. I expected nothing different from them here.

With all due respect, its really silly to assume things without having seen the movie and understood the context, even if you were to assume the spoilers were true.

And I really think it is stupid to blame a studio for waiting 20 movies before having a female lead or 16 movies before having a person of a different race be the lead. How many years and movies did it take for every other studio there? I don't think it is fair to blame a studio for playing it safe when they are only 10 years old and 20 movies in. I would rather concentrate on how well the PoC and women have been represented within said movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"