Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

She's a feisty one. Not sure about her losing an acting job because she's a B in personal relationships but I guess I can see why people are calling for it though as it would have been the same or worse for a male

Is it too on the nose? Maybe. But just cast as Emilia Clarke as Mera. She’d be better as the character and her connection to Momoa would immediately circumvent any negative publicity the recast would attract.

Amber Heard was not even good as Mera lol. Very bland. This is a no brainer. Recast!

Randall Park Teases Stephen Shin Return For Jason Momoa's Aquaman 2

Randall Park is one of the few actors who is actually starring in both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and DC Extended Universe at the moment. In the MCU, he plays FBI Agent Jimmy Woo and appeared in Ant-Man and the Wasp and will return for WandaVision. In an interview with Yahoo, Randall Park talked about what it’s like starring in all these comic book movies:

“Yeah it’s surreal because I grew up collecting comic books, I was a big Marvel fan you know, so just to be in that world and to play a character that was actually in the comic books. And then on top of that in the same year to be in Aquaman and to play a character that was in the DC universe, I mean that was pretty surreal.”

Randall Park also spoke specifically about being an actor starring in Marvel and DC films at the same time:

“There’s a few of us, but I don’t know how many were in the same year you know, which was pretty cool, but yeah I’m looking forward to whatever happens with that character because that character is going to come back for sure.”

Given Stephen Shin’s appearance in the mid-credits scene, it’s expected that he will have a bigger role in the Aquaman sequel. The actor went on to tease a deeper storyline for Stephen Shin in Jason Momoa’s Aquaman 2:

If Mera is recast, then Emilia Clarke is perfect

AQUAMAN 2 Writer Discusses Inspiration For The Sequel And Where THE TRENCH Fits Into The DCEU

"We're not taking any one particular comic book story and adapting it," he confirmed, "but if you want to know the vibe we're going for, pick up pretty much any Silver Age story featuring Black Manta." It's been common knowledge for a while now that the amazing Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will return as Aquaman 2's lead villain, but that mention of the Silver Age is definitely noteworthy.

He was also asked for an update on the screenplay, and noted, "It's going good! I'm texting with [James Wan] about the draft of the script right now -- I think you're gonna dig it!"

I just think Aquaman 2 should be more personal. Focus on Arthur and how his rivalry with Manta will affect him. After the 1st one, I think they should raise the stakes. There's potential in going a bit darker; now Aquaman has at least a kingdom, a girlfriend and a mother to lose.

What if Black Manta decides that go "an eye for an eye" and murders Arthur's father too? At this point Arthur can become so obsessed with exacting revenge on BM that he neglects his duties as a king, antagonizing his own people, and also pushing Mera and his mother away. They can really have him reach some seriously dark places, but of course at the end still have him come back to reason and not cross certain boundaries.

I guess it’s challenging to go darker because they tried that with justice league and it really didn’t work. Sometimes when that happens they feel the need to swing in the other direction in order to course correct. I hope that doesn’t happen. There’s a happy medium

I guess it’s challenging to go darker because they tried that with justice league and it really didn’t work. Sometimes when that happens they feel the need to swing in the other direction in order to course correct. I hope that doesn’t happen. There’s a happy medium

Like think Thor The Dark World just as an example...I would take a similar approach like that but with Aquaman 2

i think blake lively could be a great Mera, but obviously when its come to chemistry, emilia clarke is where's they should be looking

Emilia Clarke as Mera...sign me up

Rumor...

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Blind Items Revealed #3

March 29, 2020

As I told you weeks ago, the studio isn't going to let the A- list mostly movie actress come back for the second installment of the franchise. With everything shut down, the studio just hasn't decided on the replacement yet.

Amber Heard/Aquaman

Not the first time I've seen something from this gossip site posted here.

I've posted different stuff I've randomly found on there before. So maybe that's where you saw it.

Deborah Ann Woll could be a good replacement.

I reckon she will go, physically she looks great as Mera but honestly I never thought her acting was anything particularly special. Could be a rough time for WB coming out of quartine with Ezra situation and now this.

I reckon she will go, physically she looks great as Mera but honestly I never thought her acting was anything particularly special. Could be a rough time for WB coming out of quartine with Ezra situation and now this.

I wound't be surprised if they were using this time to quietly part ways with one or both of them. They'll just pay whatever their contracts say try to make it friendly.

Well how I would try to steer the story of Aquaman 2, might be something like this.
1st the Trench horror movie can be filmed, ushering in the characters from Aquaman's world in a DC horror setting.
The Trench movie can show how they either lure sailors, ships, people ,etc near the trench to overwhelm them ,seeing land dwellers as threats & enemies to their existence.
The Trench movie can simply end with humankind learning of the discovery of the Trench colony aftr it swarms & attacks a Navy vessel completely wiping it out leaving it as a ghost ship being shown on news feeds across the world.
Fast track to the start of Aquaman 2 ,Arthur & his brother start to talk and put their differences aside to unite and use Atlantis's resources to be the ones to stop the invasion from the trench.
Atlantis is being blamed for all the attacks on the surface dwellers so Arthur & his brother decide whats best for Atlantis & the world is to work together & restore the world's faith in Aquaman & Atlantis by bringing the fight to the Trench.

cg20mk574f551.jpg

Like think Thor The Dark World just as an example...I would take a similar approach like that but with Aquaman 2
But Thor Dark World wasn’t a very good film - and you want to replicate that with Aquaman 2? No thanks.

You’re not the first person to comment on her acting. What was actually wrong with it though? Despite recent events, I thought her casting and acting as Mera was spot on.

But Thor Dark World wasn’t a very good film - and you want to replicate that with Aquaman 2? No thanks.

You’re not the first person to comment on her acting. What was actually wrong with it though? Despite recent events, I thought her casting and acting as Mera was spot on.

It wasn’t awful don’t get me wrong it just didn’t really stand out. Best way to describe is I was never truly captivated by any of her scenes more just her physical presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"