Avengers 5 General News and Discussion Thread

Can’t believe we’ll be in phase 6 in three years

This seems too soon.
I don't think it's too soon to establish Kang as an Avengers villain given that we have Loki seasons 1 and 2, plus Quantumania to set him up for the movie.

Secret Wars on the other hand... yeah, I feel that's too soon to get into.

Which comes first? It makes A LOT of sense to me for the main characters to disappear, the Thunderbolts try to take their place in their absence, the Secret War happens, and then when they return, Kang has taken over the world. But if they fight Kang first then...not sure how theyd get from A to B.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Secret Wars moved to the following year as time goes on.
It kind of has to given that scope-wise it most likely will be bigger than Endgame.

I just read up on the more recent Secret Wars series and it'll probably be based on that, not the first one. In that case, the end of the Multiverse makes total sense after Kang.

I feel The Kang Dynasty will, mostly, establish the New Avengers team. Not saying they alone could defeat Kang, that's why I say mostly.
Then for Secret Wars we have the big crossover
a la Endgame (New Avengers, multiverse stuff, Eternals, Disney+ heroes...)

I'd imagine both films will have different directors. The Russo Brothers already showed interest for SW and I doubt Marvel/Feige will say no.
And I remember a rumor, waaaaay back, that Marvel was interested on the (then undecided) Captain Marvel 2 director to also helm the next Avengers movie as it'd be a team up movie (back then some were speculating it would've been similar to Civil War, now we know it's The Marvels).

So, maybe...?:

(New) Avengers: The Kang Dynasty directed by Nia DaCosta.
Avengers: Secret Wars (big event) directed by Anthony and Joe Russo.

I'd imagine both films will have different directors. The Russo Brothers already showed interest for SW and I doubt Marvel/Feige will say no.
Feige denied the Russos' involvement in Secret Wars:

Feige denied the Russos' involvement in Secret Wars:

Yeah, I just read it on the other post.
Still, I assume it'll be two different directors.
And depending on what we see next year, DaCosta could be an option.
(Feige could want a director he's worked with before, as that's basically what happened when they chose the Russos for Avengers).

I don't think it's too soon to establish Kang as an Avengers villain given that we have Loki seasons 1 and 2, plus Quantumania to set him up for the movie.

Secret Wars on the other hand... yeah, I feel that's too soon to get into.

I meant for this to happen in conjunction with Secret Wars the same year. I’m just worried they’re not going to illustrate how big of a threat Kang is, but I could be wrong since he’ll be in Ant-Man, Loki S2 and likely Fantastic Four.

You don’t think with a name like this they’re going to do that story with captain marvel giving birth to the guy who eventually becomes Kang and definitely not consensually? Hope not

I’m just worried they’re not going to illustrate how big of a threat Kang is, but I could be wrong since he’ll be in Ant-Man, Loki S2 and likely Fantastic Four.

He'll probably be in more than that even. I think it's very likely phase 6 will also have Young Avengers.

If he’s the main villain in Ant-Man 3, I’m curious how they’ll not make him too big a threat that he can’t be defeated, but also big enough to warrant having a whole Avengers team fight him.

The Kang in Quantumania might not be the same as the one who will pop up here, but we'll see. They did introduce the idea of Kang's variants being worse and worse in Loki for a reason, so I think they might delve into that.

If you think about it, 6 Avengers movies in 6 phases.

I'm glad This Saga is done in 3 years as I don't think it could top the Infinity Saga.

If he’s the main villain in Ant-Man 3, I’m curious how they’ll not make him too big a threat that he can’t be defeated, but also big enough to warrant having a whole Avengers team fight him.

The Kang in Quantumania might not be the same as the one who will pop up here, but we'll see. They did introduce the idea of Kang's variants being worse and worse in Loki for a reason, so I think they might delve into that.

They might introduce the Council of Kangs as the main threat for this movie.

I’m thinking Kang the Conqueror in Ant-Man doesn’t get defeated and MODOK serves as the “main” villain. The Kang Dynasty I expect to have the Council of Kangs.

I agreed for MODOK main villain for Antman 3 and Kang's appearance just serving to announce the next big boss of the Multiverse Saga

Well giving Kang Dooms greatest moment, that being Secret Wars is the first time I'm really worried about creative direction....unless Kang is defeated by end of KD and Doom rises to God Emperor in time for SW

Again, I don't know where you're getting this impression from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"