Avengers 5 General News and Discussion Thread

Not my first, second, or third choice, but given that the Russo Brothers have made some of the best MCU movies and they were only known for You, Me, and Dupree prior to that, this could have been much worst. But I agree that Coogler definitely deserves Secret Wars.

Is there any comic book villain (besides Joker and maybe Lex Luthor) who is a household name?
Of the appropriate scale, and in marvel?
Probably just Galactus comes close, Dr. Doom.
Magneto, but not because of the comics.

I’ve been meaning to get around to watching Shang-Chi. Guess this is a good incentive as any.

From Marvel, I think Dr Doom is as close as it gets. Pre MCU
When they bring Doom in they might as well reboot or bring in multiverse version Stark. Doom has connections with damn near every character in the comics. I also hope they do a long process with him and not a rush or speed phases like this seems to feel like with Kang.

Shang Chi was good, probably the best phase 4 movie so far. I didn't expect Coogler or Gunn to want an Avenger movie as they are the most accomplished MCU directors in terms of MCU movie box office and praise.

It was expected that they would go with someone already in the MCU pool. Makes sense to go with a phase 4 director that will see the whole process.

Shang-Chi and NWH are still my favorite films to come out of this phase so far so I'm definitely down with this news and hopefully it does stick, and he doesn't walk away at the last minute.

I do understand why some people had problems with Shang-Chi's third act, but I really did enjoy his direction throughout that movie, especially during the hand-to-hand combat scenes which were easily the best action sequences in that movie IMO and I'd love to see more of that on a much bigger scale.
I liked the movie but it took a clear dip when Trevor Slattery came in which was the 3rd act. I think take him out and make a few tweeks on the final boss and it is a up there as rally good. The comedy was fine in the movie, not the best and we know an Avenger movie will have some comedy.

It is interesting that he is only attached to direct The Kang Dynasty and not Secret Wars as well. So there may well be two different directors for two Avengers movies that are separated by only a few months. The two movies could have completely different rosters of heroes.
They likely already know the main parts they want in the movie, the director won't have full control. Don't think the two will be as connected as IWs and End Game were. May take place in separate timelines and or universes.

I’m so glad they’re putting a bit of weight on Doom. So much better than just being annoyed because he wanted to date Sue Storm

I liked the movie but it took a clear dip when Trevor Slattery came in which was the 3rd act. I think take him out and make a few tweeks on the final boss and it is a up there as rally good. The comedy was fine in the movie, not the best and we know an Avenger movie will have some comedy.
It was so good up until Trevor showed up, then it hit a brick wall

I must be honest. I had no idea who Kang was until they started suggesting him as the next big bad. I guess most of the GA will be in a similar position.
He is one the Avengers top 3 villains but if your unfamiliar with the Avengers franchise you probably would not know who he is.

General audiences don't know who 90% of these comic characters are until they appear in other forms of media like movies, TV shows and video games.

Wonder if it’s going to be Ryan Coogler. He’s clearly one of their golden boys, Black Panther was a huge success, he’s great with ensembles, seems to have even more free reign this time around for the sequel which looks epic and great, and all the reactions that I’ve seen to that trailer have been overwhelmingly positive and emotional. They’d be foolish not to get him for that.

Imagine how much positive buzz would be created if the director of Wakanda Forever, which looks to be another slam dunk, was announced as the director of Secret Wars? People would lose their minds and turn up in droves.
I rather Coogler handle X-Men.

Can't wait to see Kang shine. Doom will be a red herring to set up Kang for his film. Kevin said majors is the next big bad and wanted it in his hands

Of the appropriate scale, and in marvel?
Probably just Galactus comes close, Dr. Doom.
Magneto, but not because of the comics.
No one cares about Doom in the mainstream. Doom was trash in the films and no one read comic any more.

No one cares about Doom in the mainstream. Doom was trash in the films and no one read comic any more.
Hmmm, it almost sounds like you're projecting your dislike of Doom as a character onto everyone else and treating it as fact that not one person likes him. But it might just be me misreading it. Maybe. :o

Hmmm, it almost sounds like you're projecting your dislike of Doom as a character onto everyone else and treating it as fact that not one person likes him. But it might just be me misreading it. Maybe. :o
Doom is the most iconic villain in the Marvel universe. From where I sit, there’s not really that close of a second. Magneto would be number two in my opinion.

I hope the Council of Kangs is not like the Council of Wells from the Flash.

I hope this movie just centres around a team of perhaps 10 Avengers against Kang and his variants. I know some folks are expecting every living superhero Marvel has introduced across the movies and Tv shows to appear in Kang Dynasty but I think a massive superhero throwdown would be better suited for Secret Wars.

Marvel could do various teams of Avengers fighting Kang's variants across time but that feels a bit too similar to Endgame.

The Kang Dynasty, in which Kang will be playing all the Carringtons and Colbys.

I hope this movie just centres around a team of perhaps 10 Avengers against Kang and his variants. I know some folks are expecting every living superhero Marvel has introduced across the movies and Tv shows to appear in Kang Dynasty but I think a massive superhero throwdown would be better suited for Secret Wars.

Marvel could do various teams of Avengers fighting Kang's variants across time but that feels a bit too similar to Endgame.
Kang Dynasty will likely be big but not 700% over the top like Secret Wars is likely to be. :cool::D

Wonder which characters will appear in this one? I guess F4, the Ant Man crew and Loki & Sylvie could be in early on. I expect everyone for Secret Wars but not sure on the plan for this one yet.

I expect all of the New Avengers introduced so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"