Avengers 5 General News and Discussion Thread

You don’t think with a name like this they’re going to do that story with captain marvel giving birth to the guy who eventually becomes Kang and definitely not consensually? Hope not
Marcus assault and the crossing Teen Tony are two Avengers stories that should remain in the trash bag of history.

John Boyega would make a cool Marcus Kang though. I could see Boyega being Majors adult kid.
If he’s the main villain in Ant-Man 3, I’m curious how they’ll not make him too big a threat that he can’t be defeated, but also big enough to warrant having a whole Avengers team fight him.
They could outsmart Kang and temporarily trap him in a section of the quantum realm.

Interesting choice…
Didn’t they signed Ryan Coogler for multiple projects? Could he be the director for Secret Wars?

Not gonna lie, I was underwhelmed by Shang-Chi, especially the preposterous third act. And I'd feel better if Cretin had under his belt at least one team-up movie.
I thought Shang-Chi was really good up until that third act, which I can't blame the director for

Interesting choice but I am a little bit sceptical he can handle this scope since the big battle in Shang Chi was easy the weakest part of it.
Time will tell.

It is interesting that he is only attached to direct The Kang Dynasty and not Secret Wars as well. So there may well be two different directors for two Avengers movies that are separated by only a few months. The two movies could have completely different rosters of heroes.

It is interesting that he is only attached to direct The Kang Dynasty and not Secret Wars as well. So there may well be two different directors for two Avengers movies that are separated by only a few months. The two movies could have completely different rosters of heroes.

Probably for the best. The Russos were exhausted after filming IW and Endgame back to back, so this is probably the best way to go about it. The 2 directors can collaborate with each other but ultimately focus on their individually movies.

And yea I think this is a great pick as well. After NHW, Shang-Chi was my 2nd favorite MCU movie last year.

Interesting. A lot can happen between now and then. Watts dropped out of F4. But we shall see. I wonder what this means for Shang-Chi 2.

Pretty uninspired choice. Visually, Shang Chi was about as stock as the MCU gets. Sounds more like the storyboards are going to direct this one.

Probably for the best. The Russos were exhausted after filming IW and Endgame back to back, so this is probably the best way to go about it. The 2 directors can collaborate with each other but ultimately focus on their individually movies.

And yea I think this is a great pick as well. After NHW, Shang-Chi was my 2nd favorite MCU movie last year.

Oh, no doubt. That is a huge lift for a single directorial team. Making these films two different productions probably makes more sense.

This really does lead me to believe there will be two Avengers teams, one for TKD and one for SW, with a few overlaps between the two. My guess for TKD is:

Captain America
Shang-Chi
Kate Bishop
Ms. Marvel
The F4
She-Hulk

Shang-Chi and NWH are still my favorite films to come out of this phase so far so I'm definitely down with this news and hopefully it does stick, and he doesn't walk away at the last minute.

I do understand why some people had problems with Shang-Chi's third act, but I really did enjoy his direction throughout that movie, especially during the hand-to-hand combat scenes which were easily the best action sequences in that movie IMO and I'd love to see more of that on a much bigger scale.

It is interesting he is stated to be doing Kang Dynasty ONLY. So I guess Secret Wars is getting a different director. That is unique

Wonder if it’s going to be Ryan Coogler. He’s clearly one of their golden boys, Black Panther was a huge success, he’s great with ensembles, seems to have even more free reign this time around for the sequel which looks epic and great, and all the reactions that I’ve seen to that trailer have been overwhelmingly positive and emotional. They’d be foolish not to get him for that.

Imagine how much positive buzz would be created if the director of Wakanda Forever, which looks to be another slam dunk, was announced as the director of Secret Wars? People would lose their minds and turn up in droves.

Wonder if it’s going to be Ryan Coogler. He’s clearly one of their golden boys, Black Panther was a huge success, he’s great with ensembles, seems to have even more free reign this time around for the sequel which looks epic and great, and all the reactions that I seen to that trailer of been overwhelmingly positive and emotional. They’d be foolish not to get him for that.

Imagine how much positive buzz would be created if the director of Wakanda Forever, which looks to be another slam dunk, was announced as the director of Secret Wars? People would turn up in droves.

Coogler would be an amazing choice :up:

John Boyega would make a cool Marcus Kang though. I could see Boyega being Majors adult kid.
Since they're probably not doing Marcus I'm more interested in who could be Iron Lad. They could maybe find someone relatively unknown like Elijah Richardson, Xochitl Gomez, and Iman Vellani, but I could definitely see them going with someone more famous like they did with Haley Steinfeld and Kathryn Newton. Someone like Caleb McLaughlin maybe?

I must be honest. I had no idea who Kang was until they started suggesting him as the next big bad. I guess most of the GA will be in a similar position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"