Avengers 5 General News and Discussion Thread

My problem with Loveness had more to do with his interviews after Quantumania where he often insisted the audience didn’t understand his sense of humor and what he ultimately did with MODOK. Marvel obviously was likely unhappy with one of the biggest criticisms of one of their biggest flops being the writing, so someone had to go.

Not much of a surprise there. Interesting to see who they get instead though, hopefully they already have their name lined up.

My problem with Loveness had more to do with his interviews after Quantumania where he often insisted the audience didn’t understand his sense of humor and what he ultimately did with MODOK. Marvel obviously was likely unhappy with one of the biggest criticisms of one of their biggest flops being the writing, so someone had to go.

It doesn't bother me when creative people on movies defend their work. If the man likes what he did, he is allowed to. He doesn't have to say that it sucks or anything.

Can't say I'm surprised, the strike is going to hurt a lot of things. :(

It was inevitable. They also need to fire on all cillinders with this and Secret Wars because they have so much potential.

On the bright side, most people will probably have forgotten Jonathan Majors was Kang by 2026 so it'll be easier to bring in a recast.

Feels like they need some interim smaller event film like Avengers 1 to link characters together. We had so many event films, I believe 4 in 5 years, and now the
gap is 7 years without any further delays that might come up.

Feels like they need some interim smaller event film like Avengers 1 to link characters together. We had so many event films, I believe 4 in 5 years, and now the
gap is 7 years without any further delays that might come up.

If some of the rumors are to be believed, I think that's what Cap 4 is (like how Civil War was essentially Avengers 2.5). But I do agree, in hindsite, maybe a smaller scale Avengers would have been nice to group some of these newer characters together first before getting into Kang Dynasty.

Last edited:
If some of the rumors are to be believed, I think that's what Cap 4 is (like how Civil War, how was essentially Avengers 2.5). But I do agree, in hindsite, maybe a smaller scale Avengers would have been nice to group some of these newer characters together first before getting into Kang Dynasty.
Ok good to know. I only heard about the Hulk connections for that film but great if there’s more.

These delays were eXpected but geez. I guess the Multiverse Saga got a 1 year eXtension.

A lot can happen in 3 years and 11 months... oh God.

These delays were eXpected but geez. I guess the Multiverse Saga got a 1 year eXtension.

A lot can happen in 3 years and 11 months... oh God.
Phase 4 went really fast, and now things are grinding to a halt.

Phase 4 went really fast, and now things are grinding to a halt.
It had to since a lot of phase 4 were supposed to come out in 2020. But looks like we might be in another year of *things are up in the air*.

I don’t even care to be honest. Between Kang most likely being recast and so many teases of new characters in post credit scenes while we haven’t really even connected with characters that have gotten a full show or movie, everything feels like an incoherent mess.

I don’t even care to be honest. Between Kang most likely being recast and so many teases of new characters in post credit scenes while we haven’t really even connected with characters that have gotten a full show or movie, everything feels like an incoherent mess.
Hmm I don't think its that messy. If we focus on the movies

These are the only ones that needs to return asap and be developed more before Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars:
-Shang-Chi
-Eternals
-StarfoX/Pip (proper introduction)
-Clea (proper introduction)

The rest were already in the Infinity Saga. We just got a new chapter for Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Scarlet witch, Thor, Ant-Man and the Wasp, returning cast members of BP1 and soon Captain Marvel/Nick. Yelena, Red Guardian, Bucky, Sam Wilson, and Taskmaster are returning neXt year. The Deadpool we are getting is the same Deadpool from 2016/18. We have seen these characters more than twice in previous films.

Though a lot of Infinity Saga characters need to be retired to make room for others, and they are so many, I don't know when it should happen. The only one they've killed in the Multiverse Saga is Jane. We still have Hank, Wanda, Janet, Bucky, Sam Wilson, Rhodey, Bruce, Nick, Vision, all Guardians of the GalaXy, Clint, Hulk to name a few.

The TV side needs to slow down. So far, only Photon and Ms. Marvel are the ones debuting in a film later this year. NeXt year, its just U.S. Agent. The rest like Wonder Man, Daredevil suiting up as Daredevil, She Hulk, Moon Knight, Kate Bishop, Skaar - we don't know when will they show up in the movies.

Last edited:
Based on some recent leaks, Kate Bishop is showing up sooner than later.

What a roster for next A movie!
I think it can be bigger than IW and Endgame

Former avengers: Thor Banner Hawkeye Flacon Rhody Carol Antman Spidey
Allies : Wasp Bucky Strange Wong Shuri Valkyrie Guardians
Newcomers : Cassie K.Bishop MissHulk Kamala Monica A.Chavez Echo Daredevil Blade Whitman MoonKnight

and what role would play Hercules, Sakaar, Starfox, Clea, Vision, Wanda, Eternals

I wonder if Marvel will cast Tim Kang and Nicole Kang in this movie. Maybe their respective families are quite big and could be considered a dynasty.

So, umm, taking what happened in Loki's finale in mind, it does seem all but inevitable that Feige is scrapping Kang as a character and just either cancelling this movie or re-working it into something else. Genuinely hope he doesn't replace him with Doom because I just know he'd rush the hell out of his character to compensate.

I'm still confused as to why he couldn't just recast the role.

I'll believe it when I see it

I llistened to the podcast that this tweet is citing and the way Joanna talks about it more as speculation than anything else. She says they have the opportunity to drop Kang but wasn't saying it was confirmation. When she talked about the source that said Loveness was dropped, she asked the source why was he dropped and the source says they are likely moving away from the story he was writing. She then said this is not confirmation to be clear and even called out reddit if they posted about this lol.

But yea, ultimately I agree just recast. I don't understand why this is such an issue.

Last edited:
Moving on from the story he was writing doesn't mean Kang is dropped. That could mean that, or it could mean retooling the Kang story and taking it a different direction. I'll believe Kang is dropped when I see it. I don't think they can add a new big bad at this stage and have it not feel rushed

Moving on from the story he was writing doesn't mean Kang is dropped. That could mean that, or it could mean retooling the Kang story and taking it a different direction. I'll believe Kang is dropped when I see it. I don't think they can add a new big bad at this stage and have it not feel rushed
Depends if Avengers 5 is now going to be a film like Infinity War and Endgame or if it's more like Avengers 1 or Age of Ultron now and Marvel goes back to basics. In the Avengers, Loki only appeared in 1 film prior to that. In AOU, Ultron only appeared for the first time in that film. If Avengers 5 is a relatively smaller film in that vein, then it might not need a big bad as such. And if a big bad is operating behind the scenes like Thanos was in Avengers in the end credits then it won't feel as rushed as he can appear later.

Maybe at this stage with Marvel not doing as well, they need to aim for something successful like the Avengers instead of Infinity War and Endgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"