Avengers 5 General News and Discussion Thread

If true, and as long as
Spider-Man 4 remains a street level movie, I'm good with this. I think Tom's Spidey is in the best place right now in the MCU so expanding on him post-NWH is a really natural conclusion.

I do wonder if we are going to get a future timeline where the Young Avengers are being lead by Holland's Spider-Man in a Kang controlled universe. Like that animated movie where the main Avengers were killed by Ultron and we get their offsprings teaming up.

rumor from MTTSH

Tom Holland will be the lead in Kang Dynasty
Can't really blame Marvel for putting Spider-Man at the top since Cap and Iron Man aren't around. I'm assuming Holland would be the lead in the same way that RDJ was the lead in the Avengers movies where Tony had the most screentime but they were still very much ensemble movies. I'm predicting Mackie, Cumberbatch, Larson, Rudd, and probably Simu Liu and Letitia Wright will make up the rest of the main Avengers with Hemsworth and Ruffalo taking a backseat in more supporting roles this time around. Hiddleston will probably be in it for sure given Loki's ties to Kang but as for the rest of the D+ show heroes like Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, etc...I can see some of them in this but as to who exactly is anyone's guess. They'll all be in Secret Wars for sure.

Very cool. I wasn't sure when/where we were gonna see Namor again but glad to see he's confirmed for this.

Do you think Loveness will stay after the Quantumania debacle?
I personally think that Feige should at least put someone more experienced next to him because he failed miserably in his first movie project and an Avengers film isn't something Marvel has the luxury to trust to an untested, inexperienced in such blockbusters screenwriter whose background was until now exclusively on TV.

I'm cautious about it atm. Probably would be best to bring in another writer so Loveness doesn't have to carry the load alone, especially if these next Avengers movies turn out to be as big in scale as folks are expecting.

Cretton is an infinitely more talented filmmaker than Reed, so that alone gives me a lot of comfort.
I’m confident in Cretton. I don’t want his talents wasted on a duff script though, so at minimum I hope they draft in some assistance or at least regular internal checks/feedback for Loveness. Make sure he’s on track and hitting the required levels, and be ready to give him help or boot him off.

I'm honestly keeping my eXpectation in check right now.

We didn't eXpect Taika to deliver Love & Thunder with a 64% rating. Zhao is an Oscar winner and gave us the first rotten Mcu film. Peyton Reed has two well received Marvel films prior to Quantumania yet Quantumania is 48% not in the 80s.

They could easily have another miss with The Kang Dynasty just because of the writer involved. Like sure he could surprise us... but I'm keeping eXpectations low right now until I see good reviews.

Wasn't really expecting them here tbh. Question mark is still up on whether we see any of the Foxverse X-Men in Secret Wars though. I think the MCU version will come later down the line after that.

Wasn't really expecting them here tbh. Question mark is still up on whether we see any of the Foxverse X-Men in Secret Wars though. I think the MCU version will come later down the line after that.
Wheres the fun without any of the X-Men. They already missed out on Endgame, Sir Patrick Stewart was in phase 4 and Hugh/Ryan are in phasiX.

Sir Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds are already in the mcu though so its safe they are also the mcu version of the character they played in the past foX movies. But the question is if they are also playing the Earth 616 variant of the mcu? Hopefully no.

Oh.

Oh boy, this will have severe consequences if proven to be true. Jesus Christ.

If they recast him, they should try to get Denzel Washington (not his son).
He might be a lot older, but he aged well.
Denzel probably won’t be quirky like HWR, but a great menacing Kang, Immortus, Rama Tut…

But I‘m very concerned what will happen to Loki Season 2 now

This whole movie is about to be scrapped next week.

Avengers: The Doom Dynasty, here we go!
only-doom-animated.gif

But I‘m very concerned what will happen to Loki Season 2 now
Yeah... I have no idea how Feige will handle any of this without some major restructuring. Unless they go the Josstice League with massive reshoots to cut out Jonathan Majors and replace him with another actor.

Though, all of this MCU stuff is kind of irrelevant in comparison to his partner getting the justice she deserves. All signs point to him being guilty right now, so I hope he rots in jail.

If what TMZ has as timeline is anywhere accurate i'll reserve judgment and let it play itself out.

Not trying to not believe the victim but "gf saw text to another woman" and "went to the cops the next morning" give me red flags,

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"