• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Avengers Costume Redesigns (Particularly Captain America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorstone

Civilian
Reaction score
With the Avengers film will come costume and character redesigns-- if for no other reason, because they want kids to buy new toys rather than playing with the old ones.

The Hulk may be recast; but even if Norton plays the character, the Hulk could still be retouched or even manifest in the gray form.
the-incredible-hulk.jpg

Tony Stark always has a new suit that he is building-- it is guaranteed that there will be much hype and speculation on Tony's newest exoskeletons.

ultimateironmanii01dellottocover.jpg

But the character who will be entering this picture in actual need of an update will be Captain America-- his schlocky WWII riot gear will not survive an explosion and sixty-plus years in ice.

So what is the best armor available to Captain America in the 21st century? Dragon skin

Scale armor is flexible, light weight, and it's really what defines Captain America in my opinion-- not the wings, not the giant A, not the head gear, and not the huge white star. What is most important to this character graphically, and what hasn't been done on film is the scale armor.

captainamericafinal.jpg

This is my redesign. I'm not touching the shield, we all know what it looks like; I don't care if it stays the same or if Stark redesigns it as something hi-tech.

I've taken away the headgear because I don't feel the mask is needed; I've darkened the costume; made the gloves red, and used a darker blue. I didn't color the straps or belt black because then they wouldn't read on paper; I'm thinking about making a couple of passes over them with a gray marker.

i think ur cap design could use a bit more
i mean yeah i love the scale design n everything
but thats just not captain america enough for the audience to recognize him
he looks like a blue aquaman to me right now no offence :p

The absence of the shield (with the star on the shield) has an impact on the character, but I drew it for conceptual purposes and the shield covers things up.

If I were designing Aquaman; I would look at the texture of Olympic swim suits rather than dragon skin armor. I don't recommend swimming in body armor (unless you're a super soldier, I guess).

Is that Emo Steve played by Michael Cera?

I might get flamed for this, but if they decide to go with the Ultimate Thor costume, I would love if the circular parts of Thor's costume were actually the energy modules from Tony's Iron Man tech.

ultimate_thor.jpg

New-36.jpg

You know, if you are to power up a (fallen) god, you might need several of them... I think that's the way to introduce Thor to a more "realistic" comic universe.

No that's stupid. Because Thor doesn't need it.

That dragon skin stuff looks awesome though. Specially as it's military and it looks like cap's uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, that Dragon Skin stuff is perfect for Cap. Looks like his suit already does. I would love to see them use that in the Avengers.

speaking of Cap's costume, though I love the concept art we've seen, I am dying to see what they do to update him for the Avengers.

Holy crap, that Dragon Skin stuff is perfect for Cap. Looks like his suit already does. I would love to see them use that in the Avengers.

speaking of Cap's costume, though I love the concept art we've seen, I am dying to see what they do to update him for the Avengers.

Dragon-like scales in modern times? :huh::huh:

Ultimate Iron Man costume = FAIL.

I never want to see it on the big screen. I'll take something that looks even MORE like Extremis, thank you.

Ultimate Iron Man costume = FAIL.

I never want to see it on the big screen. I'll take something that looks even MORE like Extremis, thank you.

Tony Stark always has a new suit that he is building-- it is guaranteed that there will be much hype and speculation on Tony's newest exoskeletons.

:barf::barf::barf:

Why would anyone even think of an Ultimate Iron Man costume in a movie?

Ultimate Iron Man has to be the ugliest, most pathetic looking redesign of a costume in comic book history, especially when you put a picture of 616 Iron Man next to it.

The work that they have done with Iron Man's suits thus far has exceeded my expectations. I would like to see their redesign/interpretation of the Ultimate suit, with a different helmet.

With the Avengers film will come costume and character redesigns-- if for no other reason, because they want kids to buy new toys rather than playing with the old ones.

The Hulk may be recast; but even if Norton plays the character, the Hulk could still be retouched or even manifest in the gray form.
the-incredible-hulk.jpg

But the character who will be entering this picture in actual need of an update will be Captain America-- his schlocky WWII riot gear will not survive an explosion and sixty-plus years in ice.

So what is the best armor available to Captain America in the 21st century? Dragon skin

Scale armor is flexible, light weight, and it's really what defines Captain America in my opinion-- not the wings, not the giant A, not the head gear, and not the huge white star. What is most important to this character graphically, and what hasn't been done on film is the scale armor.

captainamericafinal.jpg

This is my redesign. I'm not touching the shield, we all know what it looks like; I don't care if it stays the same or if Stark redesigns it as something hi-tech.

I've taken away the headgear because I don't feel the mask is needed; I've darkened the costume; made the gloves red, and used a darker blue. I didn't color the straps or belt black because then they wouldn't read on paper; I'm thinking about making a couple of passes over them with a gray marker.

The design of that Iron Man suit is very cool, But it just doesn't scream Iron Man to me :dew::im:

The work that they have done with Iron Man's suits thus far has exceeded my expectations. I would like to see their redesign/interpretation of the Ultimate suit, with a different helmet.

Yeah but I believe that one of the best aspects of Iron Man's costume, particularly the movies, is that it isn't bulky-looking. Its slim and sleek, and it would just look tacky if they took that away from any Iron Man suit that isn't a Hulkbuster suit.

Yeah but I believe that one of the best aspects of Iron Man's costume, particularly the movies, is that it isn't bulky-looking. Its slim and sleek, and it would just look tacky if they took that away from any Iron Man suit that isn't a Hulkbuster suit.

Agreed - I Super hope we get to see Hulk-Buster in action :awesome::awesome:

Something new. Nathan Jones as The Hulk.
hulk_nathanjones.jpg

For special effects, the arms would be enlarged and animatronic like with Mr. Hyde in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Last edited:
capam1.jpg

This should be Cap's Avengers costume.

The Ultimate Iron Man design is the worst thing ever.

I saw this as a WIP thread over on CGI talk awhile back (or some other CG rendering board I forget) and have loved it ever since.

It's not the dough-boy/blimp Hulk of the Ang Lee Hulk - it's more detailed than that.

It's not the pretty boy Hulk of the Norton movie - it's more Savage and brutish. (Don't get me wrong...I love that they tried to based Norton's off Keown's drawings, but it came off too pretty and grossly disproportioned to me)

There's no way a Kirby Hulk would work, for those that want retro. I think this one works very well.

There is no need to redesign the Hulk. He looks great in The Incredible Hulk
hulk-poster3.jpg

13HULK.XLARGE1.jpg

To each his or her own. While I can appreciate the IH2 Hulk for it's Keown influences, Hulk could use some tweaking. If that's the Hulk we get, I wouldnt be angry though.

You guys have read the news on Del Toro potentially rebooting The Hulk with a TV series using an actor and prosthetics havn't you?

I think that fanmade CGI hulk we always see is well-done, but the proportions on that one seem more 'off' to me than TIH. trunk is too flat and the bi's are too big, and he's not as vascular.

I like the face though. but then the up' hair makes me think of Rulk, (obviously)

And he needs to look more real and fit into the scenery better. That's one thing the Ang Lee Hulk had I feel. It looked like he could be touched by the actual actors around him. Don't know if you guys get me.y

Yeah for some reason, Ang Lee's Hulk definitely looked more tactile and real, even though he looked somewhat soft.

The new Hulk had a little bit of that noticeable CGI thing goin on.

(Though that's to say nothing of the overall quality of the films)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"