The Avengers Avengers Costume Redesigns (Particularly Captain America)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his Ultimate look the one we see in the trailer is just him lounging about i think when it comes time to fight he might summon the armor

There's two shots of him fighting in the trailer and in both shots he's sleeveless.

I'll say it again, Thor will own the movie.

Both shots look like they're from the same fight, as I said before there will be numerous fihgts in the movie, and its been said that Thor is going to wear numerous suits. You cant go by what you saw in a 1 min trailer, if so than just by that you can say you dont need to see the movie because you already know what happens.

In the trailer Thor's torso armor is different with no sleeves, and he only has his cape in one scene. Longer hair too. What I wonder is why Thor would need to change his armor at all... maybe just to be more comfortable on Earth?

I think it has to do with Hemsworth being comfortable more than anything. I doubt that hes gonna be wearing a shirt and jeans in this and from what I understood the arms are really constricting. So them having him wearing multiple suits, one not having the chainmail on the arms is more so that he'd be comfortable in prob half the movie. The other half will more than likely be his warrior garb w/ chainmail

screenshot20110728at745.png

shouldn't the cap's jacket opening be on the other side? ..like, for example, in the ghost rider's jacket here:
72853.png

female clothing usually have the openings on the right side.. you can also tell by the buttons position whether a shirt is made for men or women.. right for men, left for women. so, is that a mistake? what do you think about it?

Honestly?

I couldn't care less.

I do hate there there is a flap in the costume (I much prefer the First Avenger one), but I can live with it. I don't think it matters, though, what side it's on.

ehe the flap is one of the few things i like in the new costume, makes it look a little like a military uniform.. but i like the ww2 uniform better myself.

I don't mind the flap, it's the zip that bothers me, they could've made it slightly over so it was in the white section and would be less evident.

I'm not quite sure why the upper arm is only white half way round. Both the movie suits were white all the way round, so you would have thought they'd keep the same overall design, like Steve did in redesigning the USO suit but with better materials

Maybe Thor being sleeveless for some of the movie has to do with him being stranded on Earth? Maybe he's brought to Earth by Loki or spends a tremendous amount of energy to circumvent the damaged Rainbow Bridge which leaves him cut off from some of his Asgardian power. Just a thought.

Also, the Hasbro guys at SDCC were saying that the Thor figure shown is one of Thor's outfits in the movie. The sleeveless is obviously one of his other looks.

I don't mind the red stripe down Thor's pantlegs. My major gripe with Thor's costume from his movie is his bottom half just looked like one black blob. It needed more color separation. Either scale leggings or something like this red stripe helps break it up, so I think this is a step in the right direction.

I love Cap's modern costume. It's a great design. I actually hope his comic costume follows the same kinda of modernization. Yeah, I know this is similar to the Ultimate Cap design. I'm talking about his 616 look which needs some upgrading.

screenshot20110728at745.png

shouldn't the cap's jacket opening be on the other side? ..like, for example, in the ghost rider's jacket here:
72853.png

female clothing usually have the openings on the right side.. you can also tell by the buttons position whether a shirt is made for men or women.. right for men, left for women. so, is that a mistake? what do you think about it?

I think that shot of Cage is reversed as you have it wrong: Men's shirts/jackets fasten (overlap) on the right hand side, Women's will usually fasten on the left.

Cap's top is correct.

Cap's new costume looks great, much better than the baggy WW2 suit with the giant shoulder pads.

I think that shot of Cage is reversed as you have it wrong: Men's shirts/jackets fasten (overlap) on the right hand side, Women's will usually fasten on the left.

Cap's top is correct.

:wow: you're right! ..so weird, when i saw that image of cap i had no doubt it had the zipper on the wrong side, then i chose the first image of ghost rider i saw as example ..and it was reversed :doh: case closed.

Cap's new costume looks great, much better than the baggy WW2 suit with the giant shoulder pads.
the WWII suit i didn't like. he looked more like a swat member than a guy in the 40's. his brown jacket and blue helmet was better. this new suit look very cool.

Marvel recently unveiled the new updated Captain America costume. The update takes America’s Avenger out of the WWII era and into the modern day. A little more form fitting than the original suit, the character poster gives a preview of how actor Chris Evans looks in his gear (pictured below). Rumor has it that Marvel Studios thought the original Captain America outfit was not tight enough and therefore did not give quite the superhero feel they were looking for.

Article and Pics here...
http://bit.ly/nzQrmG

It only made sense that there was an updated uniform for modern times. I like what I have seen of it so far.

What I find weird about the zipper on the abdomen is they couldn't have painted it red... or moved it half an inch so it would be on the white stripe?

There's some new set photos that show off the costume. Not looking too good, but then, what costume does under hard lighting? I remember how I hated Cap's first costume when they snapped some shots of the stunt double during the motorcycle sequence, but now I actually think Cap's costume might be my favorite adaption of a super hero yet.

So, you can't really judge it until you see the film.

There's some new set photos that show off the costume. Not looking too good, but then, what costume does under hard lighting? I remember how I hated Cap's first costume when they snapped some shots of the stunt double during the motorcycle sequence, but now I actually think Cap's costume might be my favorite adaption of a super hero yet.

So, you can't really judge it until you see the film.

I thought Cap's costume looked great overall. It looks better without the helmet, which is ironic since so many complained that he often didn't wear one in the promo art for CA:TFA. However, I am sure that it will look fantastic in the film because the cinematography and camera work will make a huge difference, as you noted.

What I find weird about the zipper on the abdomen is they couldn't have painted it red... or moved it half an inch so it would be on the white stripe?

I agree. While I like the costume, I think they could've used some creative engineering to move the white zipper to the white stripe or at least paint it it red. Right now upon close-up, it does seemed rather...awkward.

I think the zipper placement is a bit awkward since yet it does clash with the red. It could be a little more subtle, but slim pickings really.

Completely agree - Why not move it over just an inch? Then it would blend with the white. If that doesn't work, to your point, why not color it red?

Although it looks a bit odd, I have a feeling it won't be noticed during action scenes.

Sorry, but that new CA suit for the Avengers is terribly cheesy looking. They should have kept the one from the CA film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"