• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Avengers Avengers Costume Redesigns (Particularly Captain America)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs something to break up the blue dikhead look, either ears out or raised wings.

I like the look of Cap's new costume, I think this and his costume from TFA are great. I really dont see what the problem is with the zippers on his legs and the silver strips on the shoulders.

He needs something to break up the blue dikhead look, either ears out or raised wings.

c'mon people, Cap's helmet resembles male genitalia, Spider-Man's costume has darkened crotch, Batman & Robin's suit had nipples, what's the matter with you guys :huh:

I think the actual material looks fine, especially in close up in those pics from Comic con.

I too would have preferred the stars on the shoulders, whether it was just white stars or white stars on a red field, I think the ultimate suits have had both.

Like I say, for the most part it looks good, just a few details that bug me. At least he isn't encased in rubber like the live action Die Fledermaus wannabe.

Oh okay. Well, you convinced me it's an awesome looking costume for Crap A-Hole. :doh:

I agree 100% that it is cheesy looking. I was very surprised to see it and to like it even less than the one he wears in the First Avenger.

Yeah a back star and having the stripes fully go around the back would be better, but eh whatever. I like it fine. No dorky helmet and no chin straps = win.

I agree 100% that it is cheesy looking. I was very surprised to see it and to like it even less than the one he wears in the First Avenger.

I don't get it, for a year leading up to the Cap flick coming out you couldn't stop talking about how the movie's going to flop because of how different the costume was than the comic costume. Now he has one that nearly looks like it leapt from the comic page and you like it less?

I must admit, I'm not entirely sure why the torso stripes don't go all the way around. Or why the white on the upper arms is just a kind of patch. But overall it does look pretty cool. I'm happy with it.

I am kind of amazed there haven't been any similar sightings of Hawkeye, or even any of the others whose costumes are by and by the same as their solo movies. Is the shooting in Cleveland really just with Cap? Cos that doesn't sound very team-like.

I prefer for the white on Cap's sleeves to come all the way down to his gloves. I don't like the blue bit just above his gloves. It looks weird. Also I think the shape of his head would look better either with ears showing or with 3D wings. At the moment it looks like the end of a balloon or condom. His head looks a bit like a blue version of those sperm cells in Woody Allen's "Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask."

LOL, seriously you guys are killing me here. Now we have phallic objects and sperm comparisons.

The shape of Cap's head is not too far off from this:

7457330_5_l.jpg

some of the things that people are saying about the costume are borderline ******ed.

Sorry, but that new CA suit for the Avengers is terribly cheesy looking. They should have kept the one from the CA film.
I think the Avengers one is so much better. It also helps that its less busy and a lot more form fitting.
I agree. While I like the costume, I think they could've used some creative engineering to move the white zipper to the white stripe or at least paint it it red. Right now upon close-up, it does seemed rather...awkward.
It has to be intentional. They probably want it to look practical with a few seams and zippers and stuff.

Well I mean, the mouth on Snake Eyes mask in the GI Joe movie was also intentional, doesn't mean it looked good ;) . Though this costume is 100 times better than Snake Eyes' awkward looking movie costume.

OK, Captain America's head for his movie costume is a penis head. Let us move on now.

Yeah, I agree that Cap's costume isn't as good as it could be. For one, it could really use the protruding wings on his head, otherwise he really does look like a penis. Second, it would've been nice if he had the white forearms like in the comics. You need that white to break up all the blue. Third, why couldn't the torso stripes go all the way around? Fourth, the white v's on his shoulders are unnecessary. If they're there to add more white to an already heavily blue costume, then they should've made the forearms white. Fifth, what's up with those ridiculously long zippers on his legs? What possible purpose do they serve? Get rid of them. Sixth, why does it seem like the costume has a dozen patches? Does it really need to feel as if it's got a dozen different overlapping layers?

It looks okay, but really, this costume could've been so much better.

I truly believe that if his forearms were white, the suit would look twice as good to me. I wish I had Maniping talents to display that. But y'know what?
I still dig this suit. I love the guy in it, and I really couldnt care less what suit he's wearing now, because the most important aspect has been nailed down, and that's getting STEVE ROGERS on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"