• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Avengers Costume Redesigns (Particularly Captain America)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a potential issue for some folks is that the new costume looks like a costume. Its not a military uniform that has some artistic liberties taken like the previous. Not crazy about the silver on the shoulders(seems so random) but I think the suit is pretty solid. I would have like to see the white star and red circle on the shoulders.

I still dig this suit. I love the guy in it, and I really couldnt care less what suit he's wearing now, because the most important aspect has been nailed down, and that's getting STEVE ROGERS on film.

This. A million times, THIS.

Chris Evans is my man-crush of the year for his Cap portrayal and interviews surrounding the film.

I think a potential issue for some folks is that the new costume looks like a costume. Its not a military uniform that has some artistic liberties taken like the previous. Not crazy about the silver on the shoulders(seems so random) but I think the suit is pretty solid. I would have like to see the white star and red circle on the shoulders.

I think that would be ironic because that was the opposite situation to what the people who didn't like Captain America solo film costume. They seemed to want something that didn't resemble a soldier and just wanted an all out costume.

See, if you were to look at the back of him, you wouldn't automatically think Cap.

IMG_3326.JPG

Then they might as well form a line and start singing "Y.M.C.A."

Actually these pictures of Chris Evens make him look way better than his condom-head look. He should should shift to this unmasked image permanently IMO. :yay:

See, if you were to look at the back of him, you wouldn't automatically think Cap.

IMG_3326.JPG

It would more even if he didn't have a back star, as long as he didn't have that blue stripe going down amongst the red and white stripes, and if his arms were white all the way round. In shots like these it almost looks like an all-blue jump suit.

I highly HIGHLY doubt we'll get any shots from behind. Yeah, it'd have been nice to have the star etc, but a non-issue to me.

I highly HIGHLY doubt we'll get any shots from behind. Yeah, it'd have been nice to have the star etc, but a non-issue to me.

What, Cap is never going to turn his back throughout the whole movie? Of course we'll see him occasionally from behind.

Otherwise I highly HIGHLY doubt we'll see any shots of Cap from the side. :whatever:

I feel the same way about the star as I do about Superman's cape shield: never really saw the point. In the case of the Cap, I see even less of one. I just didn't like the symmetry of it.

But, my Cap is the Ultimate one (at least the look, anyways), so that probably has something to do with it.

My main problem with this suit, though, is the lack of white. There are a couple "grey" stripes on the arms and abdomen, but other than that, he's basically in a blue jacket and pants. Nothing very original or special about his look (unlike Thor or Iron Man).

The SHIELD uniforms are likewise uninspired. Looks like something out of Star Trek.

What, Cap is never going to turn his back throughout the whole movie? Of course we'll see him occasionally from behind.

Otherwise I highly HIGHLY doubt we'll see any shots of Cap from the side. :whatever:

IF we get one from behind, he'll have his shield on.

I see your side shot, and raise you the ridiculous impossibility of a boot-only shot!

I don't get it, for a year leading up to the Cap flick coming out you couldn't stop talking about how the movie's going to flop because of how different the costume was than the comic costume. Now he has one that nearly looks like it leapt from the comic page and you like it less?

Maybe we see a different costume: I see only a costume that seems to have leapt from a Comic-Con.

His boots are terrible (the base of them looks like sneakers), there are no raised wings on his cap, he has way too much blue and not enough white in the costume. Etc.

He is taking his cap all the time (as we see in the photos, it will repeat what happened to Spider-Man), and maybe this is so because the production knows it looks cheesy. His eyes do not look good through the cap, cause the design doesn't emphasize the brow, nor took care of not revealing too much of his face.

It looks bad, bland, and not straight out of the comics. And I never asked for something that would look straight out of the comics, but something that would adapt it proportionally and intelligently.

That's not the case for me.

I truly believe that if his forearms were white, the suit would look twice as good to me. I wish I had Maniping talents to display that. But y'know what?
I still dig this suit. I love the guy in it, and I really couldnt care less what suit he's wearing now, because the most important aspect has been nailed down, and that's getting STEVE ROGERS on film.

Well, if that's the case, why calling the character Captain America, anyway?

Why don't just say he is Steve Rogers, if that's what matters? :huh:

Maybe we see a different costume: I see only a costume that seems to have leapt from a Comic-Con.

His boots are terrible (the base of them looks like sneakers), there are no raised wings on his cap, he has way too much blue and not enough white in the costume. Etc.

He is taking his cap all the time (as we see in the photos, it will repeat what happened to Spider-Man), and maybe this is so because the production knows it looks cheesy. His eyes do not look good through the cap, cause the design doesn't emphasize the brow, nor took care of not revealing too much of his face.

It looks bad, bland, and not straight out of the comics. And I never asked for something that would look straight out of the comics, but something that would adapt it proportionally and intelligently.

That's not the case for me.

I still don't understand their decision with the sleeves ..... I agree 100% about the helmet. I was so gigged when we saw that first group drawing ... just wish it would've been more like it.

olughu.jpg

I think the costume is pretty cool. Why complain when its not going to change?

Well, if that's the case, why calling the character Captain America, anyway?

Why don't just say he is Steve Rogers, if that's what matters? :huh:

Because Steve Rogers IS what matters.
He IS Steve Rogers.
STEVE ROGERS is CAP.
EVANS sucessfully nailed the role Rogers.
Its not like we got John Walker as Cap.
STEVE ROGERS is the heart and soul of Cap.
THE MAN makes the suit.
This is just the big screen cinematic version of the suit. But we are still getting the character from the comics on screen. Just with a different flourish on what is still unmistakably Caps suit.
What it sounds like you're trying to tell me, is that if we got an absolute spot on costume, it wouldn't have mattered who was in it? It could have just been:
Steve Rogers In Name Only?
Because then it would've truly just been:
Captain America In Name Only.

I still don't understand their decision with the sleeves ..... I agree 100% about the helmet. I was so gigged when we saw that first group drawing ... just wish it would've been more like it.

olughu.jpg

See, to me, the white DOES look better instead of the blue.
If I could make only one change to the movie suit, it would be the sleeves.
Still incredibly excited to see Cap in action against the 'Skree'/Shiar/Inhuman/Titans/Deviants/Chitauri/RomSpaceknight/whathaveyou.

Last edited:
I think he looks wonderful from the front. even the sleeves

How are you people judging set pics? When the proper lighting and shading is applied the suit will look a bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"