• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Avengers Costume Redesigns (Particularly Captain America)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its more of an homage or imitation of the scene from Thor when he was trying to get his hammer back.

Once again though, it kinda looks like Hawkeye is trying to shoot Cap?

Hill is trying to shoot fury,
Fury is trying to shoot hawkeye
Hawkeye is trying to shoot cap

or Thor is gunning for Cap and its Hawkeye trying to shoot Thor

Widow, Iron Man, and the Hulk seem to be the only guys who know about loyalty.

Thor: Sleeveless please, with or without helmet (helmet would be great for major battles)
I feel that the helmet now that Thor isnt the complete center of the story/movie can do. I can understand that if they wanted no helmet in his movie so it was easier to see facial expressions and acting thats fair enough. Now I would more so like to see him in his helmet flying around smiting down foes while hulk cap and IM are doing so as well.

Iron Man: Great, but predictable. Maybe there will be some minor redesigns or maybe we get to see Starks mansion with an even bigger Hall of Armor :D

Hulk: Absolutely phenomenal, fantastic way to give a fantastic monster feel and redesign him. I really thought TIH design was the best but this last design really is growing on me. I keep looking at it and love it more and more.

Cap: Great, love the embossed wings on the helmet, great flair (poked out wings just sadly could never really do in a movie adaptation). Love the striped torso (big issue with his first outfit a lonnnng time ago)

Agent Hill: Looks awesome...plain and simple

Here you go fellas. Sorry about the stretch.

I wonder if, Hulk, there is proportionately accurate, to what size he will be in ratio to the say cap or iron man next to him...?

I hope this is just a problem with the concept art, but Hawkeye's outfit looks more red than purple.

hawkeye-avengers-concept-art_1311390882.jpg

I dont know if this has been posted but here's a better look at the new cap suit, you can even see the details on the costume texture etc.

suniform0006layer4.png

suniform0002layer8.png

suniform0008layer9.png

gwegergvergte.png

latses34.png

I sure hope Thor's outfit in the trailer was just for relaxing purposes, because I prefer the outfit that's in his new poster.

The sleeveless look will be the look of the entire film. The artwork released this weekend is inaccurate as was the first piece of art/group shot we got of the Avengers a few months ago. Apparently the artists didn't know Hemsworth's costume was changing because their renditions of Hawkeye and Cap were spot-on.

It was only a minute long trailer we don't know anything.

I've seen the trailer frame by frame and there are 5 shots of Thor in it - all of them sleeveless.

-3 of the 5 shots are interior shots of Thor in the Helicarrier - all sleeveless.

-The other 2 shots are exterior shots of Thor fighting - both of them sleeveless.

I really am preferring the new look. He looks like a beast, the guy's biceps gotta be at least 23 inches. Not to mention the contrast between the arm exposure and the longer hair is just perfect. He looks like something straight out of the Viking mythos.

I dont know if this has been posted but here's a better look at the new cap suit, you can even see the details on the costume texture etc.

suniform0006layer4.png

suniform0002layer8.png

suniform0008layer9.png

gwegergvergte.png

latses34.png

F'n great close-ups,Still not digging the zippers nor the silver lines on the shoulders But the rest is perfect to me,At first I wanted exposed ears But now I see it's not that bad and plus the holes on them makes me happier,The star being bigger would have been very nice But the size of it now is not all that bad!!!!

Thats still just a minute long trailer and for all we know those 3 interior shots were 1 scene and the other 2 could be 1 of many fights in the movie. Every one of the Marvel movies theres been at least 3 fights. This is going to be at least an 1hr 1/2 long or even 2hrs long, you cant just go by what you see in the first trailer. They only showed us what they have so far, as far as I know theyre not even done filming yet, so we'll prob get the poster look and trailer look throughout it. I'll admit he looks like a beast with the bare arms, but he looks more like a Warrior God with the Chainmail. Its the difference between a small skirmish look and a full on battle, he gonna need the arm protection when he finally goes up against his brother, and in my opinion the Red Skull, who was more than likely transported to wherever Loki was.

Thats still just a minute long trailer and for all we know those 3 interior shots were 1 scene and the other 2 could be 1 of many fights in the movie. Every one of the Marvel movies theres been at least 3 fights. This is going to be at least an 1hr 1/2 long or even 2hrs long, you cant just go by what you see in the first trailer. They only showed us what they have so far, as far as I know theyre not even done filming yet, so we'll prob get the poster look and trailer look throughout it. I'll admit he looks like a beast with the bare arms, but he looks more like a Warrior God with the Chainmail. Its the difference between a small skirmish look and a full on battle, he gonna need the arm protection when he finally goes up against his brother, and in my opinion the Red Skull, who was more than likely transported to wherever Loki was.

I loved the costume from the first film. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. But what further leades me to believe that they've dropped the chainmail is the contrast the bare arms has with the longer hair.

I really feel like Whedon, or Marvel, or whoever made the decision for Thor's look in this film, wanted this:

32zu8lc.jpg

^That exact shot is in the film, sans the helmet.

I really think this was a case of truly redesigning his look and I doubt we'll see the chainmail.

Last edited:
The sleeveless look will be the look of the entire film. The artwork released this weekend is inaccurate as was the first piece of art/group shot we got of the Avengers a few months ago. Apparently the artists didn't know Hemsworth's costume was changing because their renditions of Hawkeye and Cap were spot-on.

I've seen the trailer frame by frame and there are 5 shots of Thor in it - all of them sleeveless.

-3 of the 5 shots are interior shots of Thor in the Helicarrier - all sleeveless.

-The other 2 shots are exterior shots of Thor fighting - both of them sleeveless.

I really am preferring the new look. He looks like a beast, the guy's biceps gotta be at least 23 inches. Not to mention the contrast between the arm exposure and the longer hair is just perfect. He looks like something straight out of the Viking mythos.

Just curious, but how are you so certain about the sleeveless thing? Is it just because the 5 seconds or so that showed Thor didn't have sleeves? By that logic, we'll never see Hulk because he's not in the trailer.

Yea and Supermans Cape is bright red too but look at what happened to that.

Let the colors be the colors......as long as the actor wearing the outfit is great Im A O.K. with it.

Still wish Hawkeye got his legit costume for the movie.

Prediction: at the end of the movie The Avengers start breaking away from SHEILD and Hawkeye decides to take allegiance with the Avengers instead of his former employer. Then in Avengers 2 Mr. Clint gets his full out purple costume and mask!

Lol one can hope

Saw a dude on G4 introduce these figures and described this as 'one of thor's new costumes'
ThorAvengers.jpg

which is what the banner look looks like. love the no sleeves look too

Saw a dude on G4 introduce these figures and described this as 'one of thor's new costumes'
ThorAvengers.jpg

which is what the banner look looks like. love the no sleeves look too

The pants on this seem kind of busy. I'm interested to see the on screen version of this. But it makes sense, and I'm happy with the idea, to have Thor wear different outfits.

I'm pretty sure the zippers on the torso will be removed in post so the stripes have a "cleaner" look.

doubt it. you can see them quite clearly in the art and it would be way easier to conceal the zippers by design rather than digitally, frame by frame, after the fact.

Loving Caps costume, just wish the arms were full on white but this looks great non the less. The zipper would also be less noticable if it were on the white part and not the red, but it might have been a little awkward (dont know how).
I'm guessing that the promo art and toy are Thor's main suit, and what we see in the comics is more for leisure and relaxation than anything. It cant be comfortable for him to have to wear them all the time and this was a way for them to make it more comfortable for Hemsworth than having him wear everyday clothes as he is still a God when he comes back to earth and not a human this time.

i really hope they bring the chainmail back....without that Thor doesnt luk good fighting....i hope its like he can summon cape and chainmail whenever he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"