Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bahahahaahahaha! Lawd! You guys just made Clooney look funnier than Affleck to me. He looks like something outta South PArk. Like when Mr. Garrison got his face done to look like David Hasslehoff. hahahaha!
I'm dying over here.

Back when Clooney was first announced for Batman & Robin I was pretty excited, although I was disappointed Kilmer wasn't returning. Clooney seemed born to play Bruce Wayne. Shame it turned out as it did. Maybe as a much older Bruce he could right that wrong?? Not saying that I'd campaign for him to get it mind you.

Now that we know Reeves is only in the outlining stage of the screenplay, safe to say we are a way's off from hearing anything about casting.

Lol Clooney looks like a moron.

Phoenix was Aronofskys choice for Year One. What Oldman is saying is, a damn good actor. He understands that all you need is a good versatile actor who play a dark intense character. Phoenix, GYLLENHAAL, these types. Anything less is boring and a waste of time.

I actually wouldn’t be opposed to Clooney returning if they couldn’t get Keaton to do Batman Beyond.

2-format6001.jpg

This should be agony.

mqdefault.jpg

I should be a mass of aching muscle - broken, spent, unable to move.

george-clooney-pushups.jpg

And, were I an older man, I surely would ... ... but I'm a man of thirty - of twenty again

0801007-clooney.jpg

The rain on my chest is a baptism - I'm born again ...

With that flexible neck from the BvS and the Justice League suit, Clooney will have an easier time doing his bobble head thing.

With that flexible neck from the BvS and the Justice League suit, Clooney will have an easier time doing his bobble head thing.
He can roll more than just his eyes.

tumblr_msmw29rAUt1rrkahjo3_400.gif

Is George a really good actor or just OK?

he's given some sensational performances like in Syriana, but he's also kinda phoned it in so many times. A far better director than actor ala Ben Affleck IMO.

Lol Clooney looks like a moron.

Phoenix was Aronofskys choice for Year One. What Oldman is saying is, a damn good actor. He understands that all you need is a good versatile actor who play a dark intense character. Phoenix, GYLLENHAAL, these types. Anything less is boring and a waste of time.

Phoenix is 5'8. Too short IMO. A truly talented actor. As good as DiCaprio or Bale when it comes to talent. Though Jake isn't so tall either. Only 5'11

Last edited:
Is George a really good actor or just OK?

he's given some sensational performances like in Syriana, but he's also kinda phoned it in so many times. A far better director than actor ala Ben Affleck IMO.

I've never seen Clooney as a fantastic actor. I find him an entertaining and enjoyable actor in the right role.

Regarding Jake,
he has a pretty heavy lineup of films. Rio with Benedict Cumberbatch is in pre-production. The Anarchists vs ISIS was announced 9 months ago. The Division was announced a year ago, but nothing lately from it. He also has that NETFLIX film with Dan Gilroy which is suppose to be in pre-production.

I really am curious about the Anarchists vs ISIS, so I hope his involvement in this won't cause him to exit from that.

I actually wouldn’t be opposed to Clooney returning if they couldn’t get Keaton to do Batman Beyond.
That would be financial suicide. Batman Beyond will never work unless they have an extremely likable past Bruce playing old man Bruce to support the young guy. Clooney would be a marketing nightmare.

Now that we know Reeves is only in the outlining stage of the screenplay, safe to say we are a way's off from hearing anything about casting.

Outlining meaning he hasn't actually written a word of dialogue yet? Just the overarching story and major & minor beats that he wants to hit?

I think we may still hear about Batman's recasting relatively soon. Main roles have been cast without a finished script before, so who knows? Maybe if they are shooting for an actor of Jake G's calibre he may wait to actually read the script before he pulls the trigger.

That would be financial suicide. Batman Beyond will never work unless they have an extremely likable past Bruce playing old man Bruce to support the young guy. Clooney would be a marketing nightmare.
Just the opposite, in fact. Clooney would be in every junket talking about how he wanted to play a serious Batman in Batman and Robin and this new movie finally gives him a chance to do it. Everyone loves a tale of redemption!

... Clooney would be in every junket talking about how he wanted to play a serious Batman in Batman and Robin...

Has Clooney ever said that? I know he's apologised - more than once - for almost killing the franchise.

I'm not talking about the past, buddy, I'm talking about the future.

Just the opposite, in fact. Clooney would be in every junket talking about how he wanted to play a serious Batman in Batman and Robin and this new movie finally gives him a chance to do it. Everyone loves a tale of redemption!

Exactly.

So let's put it to a vote. George Clooney for Batman, a fancast that Warner Bros is legally obligated to honor, and shauner would then be obligated to see the movie in theaters at least five times? Aye votes first.

AYE!

In marketing a face that isn't very box office friendly? He sure wouldn't live up to box office hopes, so I agree that bringing him in would be -for lack of nicer phrasing- financial suicide.

I disagree, but it’s not like this would ever happen anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"