• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy broke the scoop about DuVernay and the New Gods; he alluded to the recent update on BoP that was ultimately revealed by The Wrap. He's been right about other stuff as well, so I wouldn't be so quick to write him off.

Well I want to eat crow.

Not necessarily. You didn’t hear any Joker announcements at Comic Con.

Not to say it’ll happen, just that it doesn’t mean much if they didn’t make an announcement at CC.

The easy enough explanation is that they didn't want any Batman-related news to overshadow the films they had on display.

You want Superman to play Batman?

tumblr_mg7r7ufPB61qfhw7ko1_400.gif

Seriously, Batman and Superman are drawn so similarly in comic books that people often refer to them as "the twins." Jim Lee's depictions of the characters in particular are friggin' identical.

But that aside, it's not like Supergirl has this massive following that it would make this an issue, and even if it did, Tyler was only in like 2 episodes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG that is so great.

Seriously, Batman and Superman are drawn so similarly in comic books that people often refer to them as "the twins." Jim Lee's depictions of the characters in particular are friggin' identical.

But that aside, it's not like Supergirl has this massive following that it would make this an issue, and even if it did, Tyler was only in like 2 episodes.

Yeah I know. It'd still be a little funny and really cool that he played both though

Sorry but I think Hoechlin is a better Superman than Cavill. He captured the character better in 2 episodes than Cavill has in 3 movies. Cavill just has the better suit.

I think he could do a good job as Bruce too.

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/0...ignificant-updates-on-matt-reeves-the-batman/

Welp, here's what we were waiting for. Major point from article:

Jack Huston, along with Jake Gyllenhaal met with Matt Reeves last year for the role. Matt may now be looking for a 25-30 year old Batman, meaning those guys are too old at this point.

Jack Huston may be up for the role of Harvey Dent, as he apparently factors into the movie.

Reportedly taking inspiration from Batman: Year One.

If this is true I'm really disappointed. I really don't want to go over the same ground we covered in Batman Begins.

lol, of course Jack Huston would be up for Two-Face. :hehe:

But yeah, this is exactly what I didn't want. Nolan basically just gave us a Year One trilogy. The last thing I wanted, was another Year One approach/inspiration.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So a rookie Batman film with more of a detective angle.

Cool beans.

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/0...ignificant-updates-on-matt-reeves-the-batman/

Welp, here's what we were waiting for. Major point from article:

Jack Huston, along with Jake Gyllenhaal met with Matt Reeves last year for the role. Matt may now be looking for a 25-30 year old Batman, meaning those guys are too old at this point.

Jack Huston may be up for the role of Harvey Dent, as he apparently factors into the movie.

Reportedly taking inspiration from Batman: Year One.

If this is true I'm really disappointed. I really don't want to go over the same ground we covered in Batman Begins.

I really hope the whole "flashback" or "set in the past" thing isn't true. Leaves it open for Affleck but what happens if they want a Batman cameo in a future film? Like Flash or something...

Sorry but I think Hoechlin is a better Superman than Cavill. He captured the character better in 2 episodes than Cavill has in 3 movies. Cavill just has the better suit.

I think he could do a good job as Bruce too.

I'm not sure how he'd be as Bruce but I really dug him as Superman. I even like his suit for the most part.

Well if the 25-30 years old thing is true, I guess I'll put my weight behind Richard Madden. I don't know who else to name at this point. Spit-balling actors to play Batman was already tough enough. We're now getting into an age-bracket where it's damn near impossible. :funny:

I really hope the whole "flashback" or "set in the past" thing isn't true. Leaves it open for Affleck but what happens if they want a Batman cameo in a future film? Like Flash or something...

I'm not sure how he'd be as Bruce but I really dug him as Superman. I even like his suit for the most part.

Agree! I feel like the whole prequel idea just creates more problems than it solves.

Well if the 25-30 years old thing is true, I guess I'll put my weight behind Richard Madden. I don't know who else to name at this point. Spit-balling actors to play Batman was already tough enough. We're now getting into an age-bracket where it's damn near impossible. :funny:
Well, if Jack Huston and Gyllenhaal are too old for what he's looking for, looks like Oscar Isaac is out. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"