Homecoming Best final battle?

How about we stop arguing and get back to the topic???
TASM2 has the best ending battle.

TASM2 has the best ending battle.

Perfect blend of emotion and action

Blows Spider-Man 2's out of the water for sure, Ock's watery grave to "save the City" cringey

TASM2 was easily the best as Spiderman LOST. He's left with some realistic consequences for what he's done to himself and Gwen and all of his family.

Sets TASM3 perfectly for a redemption arc

Electro's final battle blew any other spiderman battle completely out of the water CGI wise

Erm...okay mate, go please your fictional Batman then.

chibi_batman_and_joker___i_love_you___by_xzombie129-d59q4r9.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist one last humor post just to show how I am not taking anything being said seriously. In the spirit of good humor and all that. I already gave my opinion on the best and worst a few days ago:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=30473739&postcount=27

Perfect blend of emotion and action

Blows Spider-Man 2's out of the water for sure, Ock's watery grave to "save the City" cringey

TASM2 was easily the best as Spiderman LOST. He's left with some realistic consequences for what he's done to himself and Gwen and all of his family.

Sets TASM3 perfectly for a redemption arc

Electro's final battle blew any other spiderman battle completely out of the water CGI wise

YES YES YES!!!! All of this, I agree with ALL of this. The ending made Peter realise that when he involves people with his secret identity, THEY GET PUNISHED FOR IT! Perfection, I never saw any of that explicitly showed in the Raimi films.

YES YES YES!!!! All of this, I agree with ALL of this. The ending made Peter realise that when he involves people with his secret identity, THEY GET PUNISHED FOR IT!.

Except he didn't involve Gwen in it. The opposite. He told her to stay away from the power plant. He even webbed her to a car to try and stop her. She went there anyway against his wishes. She also blew his identity to Harry by being there when she shouldn't have been.

Not Peter's fault. As Gwen said it was her choice and her decision to be there. That's what ruins it. Gwen's death in the comics happens because she's an innocent victim of circumstance. She's dating Spider-Man, doesn't even know it, and the Goblin chooses her because Peter loves her. He feels guilty for that because he never told her she was living this dangerous life, and she died for that. TASM 2 totally missed the epic tragedy of Gwen's death. Same with Captain Stacy's in TASM.

chibi_batman_and_joker___i_love_you___by_xzombie129-d59q4r9.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist one last humor post just to show how I am not taking anything being said seriously. In the spirit of good humor and all that. I already gave my opinion on the best and worst a few days ago:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=30473739&postcount=27

I read it, although I don't agree with you, that's fine. Hating or loving movies isnt a crime that makes you stupid etc. I respect your opinion.

And did you draw that????? That looks great man!!

I read it, although I don't agree with you, that's fine. Hating or loving movies isnt a crime that makes you stupid etc. I respect your opinion.

Ah thanks :up:

And did you draw that????? That looks great man!!

I wish. There's not an artistic bone in my body lol. No I just found it on-line. Looked cute and funny.

Except he didn't involve Gwen in it. The opposite. He told her to stay away from the power plant. He even webbed her to a car to try and stop her. She went there anyway against his wishes. She also blew his identity to Harry by being there when she shouldn't have been.

Not Peter's fault. As Gwen said it was her choice and her decision to be there.

Their love for each other is what killed her. Peter broke Captain Stacey's promise because he loved her so much, he couldn't see her go. If it weren't for Peter doing that and involving her in his life like that, she would still be alive. She would be safe in Oxford. Gwen loved Peter so much that she couldn't let him fight the battle on her own when she knew she could help since she knew the grid specs. Yes it was part of Gwen's fault too, but initially deep down it is mainly peters fault for breaking the promise he made to Captain Stacey, which is the whole emotional arc of the film. Peter fooled around and was too indecisive that he got his girlfriend too involved and she was killed in the crossfire.

Their love for each other is what killed her. Peter broke Captain Stacey's promise because he loved her so much, he couldn't see her go. If it weren't for Peter doing that and involving her in his life like that, she would still be alive. She would be safe in Oxford. Gwen loved Peter so much that she couldn't let him fight the battle on her own when she knew she could help since she knew the grid specs. Yes it was part of Gwen's fault too, but initially deep down it is mainly peters fault for breaking the promise he made to Captain Stacey, which is the whole emotional arc of the film. Peter fooled around and was too indecisive that he got his girlfriend too involved and she was killed in the crossfire.

That's not true at all. Gwen could have loved Peter and still been safe in his life if she didn't deliberately walk into the middle of super villain battle zones trying to help Spider-Man.

Why do you think the movie makes a point of her telling Peter "It's my choice. My decision. Not yours". That is absolving Peter of all blame. It isn't their relationship that killed her. It was Gwen's fool hardy stubborn want to help Peter in battle.

They absolved the Captain Stacey promise when they decided they make their own choices, not the ones her father wants them to make. Which is totally right. Their lives should not be ruled by what her dad wants. Peter should never have made the promise to stay away from her in the first place, because when he breaks it like 5 minutes later, it just shows what an uncaring jerk he is breaking a promise to a dead man.

And do you think this means Peter will be single for the rest of his life? Of course not. His lesson is not that having someone he cares about in his life means they die. If it did then he'd have to stay away from Aunt May, too. Because the next baddie that find out who he is could easily target her.

That's not true at all. Gwen could have loved Peter and still been safe in his life if she didn't deliberately walk into the middle of super villain battle zones trying to help Spider-Man.
We why do you think she ventured to help him in the first place?? Because she's a thrill seeker?? She wants to be a superhero too?? That's pretty funny lol.
It's be caused she loved him and she knew of a way in which she could help him since she worked for Oscorp and knew the grid specs. She loved him, she loved Peter Parker.

Why do you think the movie makes a point of her telling Peter "It's my choice. My decision. Not yours". That is absolving Peter of all blame. It isn't their relationship that killed her. It was Gwen's fool hardy stubborn want to help Peter in battle.
No it was their relationship that killed her because Peter involved her in his spiderman life by letting her know that he's spiderman. He broke Cap. Stacey's promise, and he paid for it.

They absolved the Captain Stacey promise when they decided they make their own choices, not the ones her father wants them to make. Which is totally right. Their lives should not be ruled by what her dad wants.
phOC17Eh.jpg

So then your saying that this scene has absolutely no purpose?? This scene shows just how much the guilt is weighing on Peter, and that he knows he was wrong to break Caps promise. So obviously the promise is not absolved, since Peter knows that what Captain Stacey said is turning out to be true. Gwen arrives in the middle of danger because Peter entered her back in his life like an immature lovesick child instead of being a man and letting her go for the greater good. So Peter knows and is afraid that Captain Stacey's words might come true, that Gwen will get hurt.

Peter should never have made the promise to stay away from her in the first place, because when he breaks it like 5 minutes later, it just shows what an uncaring jerk he is breaking a promise to a dead man.
Obviously Peter isn't an uncaring jerk since he felt incredibly guilty for going back on the promise. His conscience was becoming heavy as he starts to go mad by seeing caps dead ghost everywhere. He actually cries about it in the beginning of the film. I don't see how that makes him an uncaring jerk.

And do you think this means Peter will be single for the rest of his life? Of course not. His lesson is not that having someone he cares about in his life means they die. If it did then he'd have to stay away from Aunt May, too. Because the next baddie that find out who he is could easily target her.
Lol no what I meant is that Peter has to learn to keep his identity secret with his loved ones. He told Gwen that he was Spider-Man, and her knowledge of that made her want to help Peter when he was in trouble as Spider-Man, and her knowledge of him being spiderman got her killed.

We why do you think she ventured to help him in the first place?? Because she's a thrill seeker?? She wants to be a superhero too?? That's pretty funny lol.
It's be caused she loved him and she knew of a way in which she could help him since she worked for Oscorp and knew the grid specs. She loved him, she loved Peter Parker.

Yeah, and that's not Peter's fault. MJ loves him and you don't see her running into super villain battles to help save the day like that do you? Aunt May loves him and she never went running to help him in battle when she found out he was Spider-Man.

What's the point? You can love Peter and be with him, and not put your head in the lion's mouth when you don't have to.

No it was their relationship that killed her because Peter involved her in his spiderman life by letting her know that he's spiderman. He broke Cap. Stacey's promise, and he paid for it.

If being with Peter is so dangerous, then why isn't every gf he's ever had dead because of it?

It was not breaking Captain Stacy's promise that killed Gwen. It was not her and Peter being together. It was the choices Gwen made. Dangerous ones which Peter tried to stop her making.

phOC17Eh.jpg

So then your saying that this scene has absolutely no purpose?? This scene shows just how much the guilt is weighing on Peter, and that he knows he was wrong to break Caps promise. So obviously the promise is not absolved, since Peter knows that what Captain Stacey said is turning out to be true. Gwen arrives in the middle of danger because Peter entered her back in his life like an immature lovesick child instead of being a man and letting her go for the greater good. So Peter knows and is afraid that Captain Stacey's words might come true, that Gwen will get hurt.

Yes I'm saying that has no purpose. If Peter wasn't over breaking that promise he wouldn't have been going over to England with Gwen.

Immature lovesick child......your description of Garfield's Peter, not mine :cwink:

Obviously Peter isn't an uncaring jerk since he felt incredibly guilty for going back on the promise. His conscience was becoming heavy as he starts to go mad by seeing caps dead ghost everywhere. He actually cries about it in the beginning of the film. I don't see how that makes him an uncaring jerk.

What do you call a guy who says breaking a dead man's promise is the best kind of promise to break? Then according to Gwen he has broken up with her and gotten back together with her so many times. So not only does he keep breaking his promise over and over, he keeps breaking Gwen's heart, too, by messing her around like this all the time.

So yes, I'd call that an uncaring jerk.

Lol no what I meant is that Peter has to learn to keep his identity secret with his loved ones. He told Gwen that he was Spider-Man, and her knowledge of that made her want to help Peter when he was in trouble as Spider-Man, and her knowledge of him being spiderman got her killed.

You can't be in a relationship and keep secrets like that. Any girl who is with Peter has the right to know the life they're in with this man. They have to know the risks.

If Gwen in the comics knew Peter was Spider-Man she may have chosen not to be with him. Or if she knew the truth she may have been prepared for a possible Goblin attack. She could very well still be alive. That's the tragedy of her death in the comics. That's the guilt Peter carries over it.

Either way keeping something that big from your partner is no way to have a loving relationship. Secrets destroy relationships. Especially potentially dangerous ones.

Last edited:
Alright, sure. I see. There's no way I'm going to be able to persuade with any of my points, since you are so passionate with yours. I've seen how debates go with you, they usually don't end well (perfect example a couple posts up). So I've decided to not waste my time. I've given some good points, and I won't waste time expanding on them for you to disagree again. So, yeah, there's that. I'll still hold my firm that TASM2 has the best final battle, and you'll still hold yours about SM2. In the end what really matters is that we are both people who love spider-man with a passion. It doesn't matter how we see that passion through the films.

Alright, sure. I see. There's no way I'm going to be able to persuade with any of my points, since you are so passionate with yours. I've seen how debates go with you, they usually don't end well (perfect example a couple posts up). So I've decided to not waste my time. I've given some good points, and I won't waste time expanding on them for you to disagree again. So, yeah, there's that. I'll still hold my firm that TASM2 has the best final battle, and you'll still hold yours about SM2. In the end what really matters is that we are both people who love spider-man with a passion. It doesn't matter how we see that passion through the films.

What a reasonable level headed fellow you are :up:

For the record I doubt our discussion would have ended on a bad note. Keep up the good work, and art work ;)

Last edited:
Good points. :up:
I like them all.
And all the Spidey films.

For the record I doubt our discussion would have ended on a bad note. Keep up the good work, and art work ;)
Good words. :up:

For the record I doubt our discussion would have ended on a bad note. You don't shall we say have some of the negative qualities certain other posters here do. Keep up the good work, and art work ;)

Well that's great! I would like to be friends with everyone here, if such a thing is possible with the spiderman fanbase XD (lol)
And thanks for that note about my artwork, I will!

I gotta admit, I really kinda like the SM3 final battle.

Other than that, SM1 hands down.

Hey SpideyK, are you the guy who made the TASM2 im spiderman piano arrangement on YouTube??

YES YES YES!!!! All of this, I agree with ALL of this. The ending made Peter realise that when he involves people with his secret identity, THEY GET PUNISHED FOR IT! Perfection, I never saw any of that explicitly showed in the Raimi films.

That particular lesson is only valid because of all of the changes made in the Webbverse. Not knowing Peter was Spider-man didn't help Gwen in the original story, and being in the know has saved MJ numerous times.

Spider-Man (Queenboro Bridge/Abandoned Hospital)

I still remember feeling horrified watching Spider-Man getting wrecked by the Green Goblin in the Abandoned Hospital scene.

These multi-quoting back and fourth conversations are so badass. Gives me something to read during the Spider-Man dry-spell we've been cursed with.

Carry on, my wayward sons.
Seconded!

I love seeing BRAB and The Joker going toe-to-toe with one another!

Seconded!

I love seeing BRAB and The Joker going toe-to-toe with one another!

I usually enjoyed that but it's turned into some emotional thing and some "die in a fire" thing so I've had to put a stop to it.

Full zen and all that

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"