Homecoming Which villain had the best design?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but wasn't that the case in the comics? That's why venom was more monsterous, to reflect Brock himself?

The comics design didn't change when it went from Peter to Eddie either. Just the face. Because as you say Venom is more evil than Peter and the face showed that. It was still an all black suit with a white spider symbol.

Just wish they would have went with something more like this:
35k1zsm.jpg

Alexander_O'Hirn_(Earth-1610)_from_Ultimate_Comics_Spider-Man_Vol_2_14.JPG

Instead of this:
Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Rhino-550x341.jpg

It literally looks like a bunch of garbage and metal parts were hubbled together to look like a Rhino. :doh:

Just wish they would have went with something more like this:
35k1zsm.jpg

Alexander_O'Hirn_(Earth-1610)_from_Ultimate_Comics_Spider-Man_Vol_2_14.JPG

Instead of this:
Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Rhino-550x341.jpg

It literally looks like a bunch of garbage and metal parts were hubbled together to look like a Rhino. :doh:

It's like a steampunk LOTR villain. I like it a lot though, especially in that scene with the sunlight gleaming on it and the explosions. That said, I would like to see Rhino again with his classic look.

The comics design didn't change when it went from Peter to Eddie either. Just the face. Because as you say Venom is more evil than Peter and the face showed that. It was still an all black suit with a white spider symbol.

Yes ik, but I didn't like the material appearance and Topher Grace didn't have the build I felt Eddie Brock should've had. I liked how in the comics even though the venom absorbed the suit but it gave it it's own design (pure black) and logo (love the big white spider in front). So the material and webbed look bothered me. It all boils down to my personal preference though, it is by no means a bad costume. It just didn't appeal to me is all. I liked this prototype design:

unused-black-spider-man-and-venom-costumes-for-spider-man-31

Yes ik, but I didn't like the material appearance and Topher Grace didn't have the build I felt Eddie Brock should've had. I liked how in the comics even though the venom absorbed the suit but it gave it it's own design (pure black) and logo (love the big white spider in front). So the material and webbed look bothered me. It all boils down to my personal preference though, it is by no means a bad costume. It just didn't appeal to me is all. I liked this prototype design:

unused-black-spider-man-and-venom-costumes-for-spider-man-31

They wanted Eddie to be Peter's evil mirror image, so casting someone like Grace kinda made sense, except that he just isn't skilled enough of an actor to pull off a villainous role. Venom's design was alright, but it can't hold a candle to the comics look.

They wanted Eddie to be Peter's evil mirror image, so casting someone like Grace kinda made sense, except that he just isn't skilled enough of an actor to pull off a villainous role. Venom's design was alright, but it can't hold a candle to the comics look.

I think that was they're mistake, Eddie should be the opposite IMO. Plus it didn't help that he's Eric Foreman

I think that was they're mistake, Eddie should be the opposite IMO. Plus it didn't help that he's Eric Foreman

God, couldn't they at least distort his voice? They did that in the freaking video game, so why couldn't they do that for the movie. Since when has Venom ever sounded like a twenty-something NYC yuppie? Oh whoopdie doo, his voice is kinda deeper when his face is covered.

God, couldn't they at least distort his voice? They did that in the freaking video game, so why couldn't they do that for the movie. Since when has Venom ever sounded like a twenty-something NYC yuppie? Oh whoopdie doo, his voice is kinda deeper when his face is covered.

Ikr. I always liked in the cartoons when it sounded like 2 people speaking, Brock and the symbiote.

I wanna see Brock, but not a hint of venom until at least after the first trilogy.

I've never cared for villains with similar powers to the hero anyway. Part of what makes Spidey's fights so interesting is that he takes on people with skills totally different from his. Goblin's weaponry, Ock's arms, Vulture's wings, Kraven's potions.

If you think about it, every solo outing in the MCU (first in the trilogy that is) has had the hero fight an anti-version of himself
Incredible Hulk > Abomination
Iron Man > Iron Man
Thor > Loki
Captain America TFA > Red skull
Ant-Man > YellowJacket

:hmm

If you think about it, every solo outing in the MCU (first in the trilogy that is) has had the hero fight an anti-version of himself
Iron Man > Iron Man
Thor > Loki
Ant-Man > YellowJacket

You're right. The difference is, with the exception of Abomination, I prefer all of those villains to Venom. Winter Soldier could also count as an anti-version of Cap.

Iron Man > Iron Man
Thor > Loki
Ant-Man > YellowJacket

Good point, but it's be hard to kick off a new spiderman trilogy with the black suit saga, which is the challenge with bringing about venom as a villain in general: the timing of it has to make sense, because that is a huge character arc for peter

You're right. The difference is, with the exception of Abomination, I prefer all of those villains to Venom. Winter Soldier could also count as an anti-version of Cap.

Yup, although let's face it, winter soldier wasn't the main villain of the film despite what the title suggests :oldrazz:

Yup, although let's face it, winter soldier wasn't the main villain of the film despite what the title suggests :oldrazz:

Yup, exactly. I don't imagine Red Skull as a distorted mirror image of Cap at all. He was the anthesis of everything Steve stood for. Plus, their demeanors were totally different. Cap was passionate and eager, the Skull was cool and detached.

Red Skull had the same super soldier serum injected into him as Cap, therefore I deemed him as Cap's equal.

It's funny how it seems everyone, including me, wants mysterio as the next villain.

When TASM was announced, before a villain was even cast, everyone here wanted Lizard. Maybe history will repeat itself with Mysterio?

When TASM was announced, before a villain was even cast, everyone here wanted Lizard. Maybe history will repeat itself with Mysterio?

Yes, that's when I started lurking here. Good times, good times.

I just have a strong feeling mysterio will get his due very soon.

Yes, that's when I started lurking here. Good times, good times.

I just have a strong feeling mysterio will get his due very soon.

And Vulture. And Kraven. Maybe even Shocker.

That makes sense, but it only took the Spider-man suit's form because it was bonded to spiderman himself. I'll admit I didn't even like Spider-Man's black suit, I wish it was just pure black without webbing or material, just the decal. Venom's design just felt not right for me. The material still bugs me.
Both the black suit and Venom should have has smooth costumes. That's one of my biggest complaints about SM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"