Homecoming Which villain had the best design?

harryoscop

Avenger
Reaction score
Which villain in the Spider-Man movies had the best look?

Foxx's Electro, with Molina's Ock a close second.

Molina's Doc Ock for me, but I'd be remiss if I did acknowledge Church's Sandman as being extremely comic accurate, as well as having some incredible FX on his side. (He isn't that hard to get right though)

Probably Doc Ock and Sandman they both looked pretty close to the comic versions of the characters.

sandman-20060203043140336.jpg

Doctor_Octopus_2004_film.jpg

I know that it's not really liked by many people but I do have a soft spot for Spider-man 1's Green Goblin costume.

Spider-Man-Movie-Green-Goblin-Armor.jpg

It's definitely not perfect not by a long shot, but at least it was better than.....ugh...this...

PdtkT09.png

Maybe the next time we see ol' Gobby on the silver screen he can look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXAGC_B2Ys

Last edited:
Ock and Sandman are far above the rest in terms of look.

Avi Arad, his design definitely had the ignorant talentless hack look down

I kid, Doc Ock is definitely the best one, such a glorious design. Then after that is Sandman and then Venom which I still think was a succesful design and that people probably wouldn't have a problem with the look if someone better would've played Eddie

Doc Ock.

He was a visual feast for the eyes.

Doc Ock visually and thematically, as I posted in the other thread.

It goes to show you that he's top to bottom the best villain ever, if not in CBM's, in Spidey films.

Dock Ock was pretty definitive

The lizard actually looked pretty cool to me, as did venom

For me;

Ock
Lizard
Electro
Sandman
Venom
Goblin (Harry)
Goblin (Norman)
New goblin
Rhino

Dock Ock was pretty definitive

The lizard actually looked pretty cool to me, as did venom

For me;

Ock
Lizard
Electro
Sandman
Venom
Goblin (Harry)
Goblin (Norman)
New goblin
Rhino

For me:

Doctor Octopus

Electro

Lizard

Sandman

Green Goblin (Dafoe)

Green Goblin (DeHaan)

Rhino

Venom

New Goblin

Doc Ock visually and thematically, as I posted in the other thread.

It goes to show you that he's top to bottom the best villain ever, if not in CBM's, in Spidey films.

I think the top five CBM villains are Ledger's Joker, Hamill's Joker, McKellen's Magneto, Eckhart's Two-Face, and Molina's Ock.

For me, top spot is a toss up between Franco's Goblin and Sandman.
Ock has a smart and very good looking design, so he's next.

Most of the rest.

Dehaan's Goblin... bottom feeder.

Sandman and Ock looked the most like their comic book counterpart.

The outfit is good.
The goblin skin is the damage.

Dehaans wasnt too bad, should have been more green but it was better than a stationary, solid mask to me.

Dehaan's Goblin is up there with Deadpool and Bane from Batman & Robin as one of the absolute worst looks for a comic book villain. It was an abomination. They couldn't have done much worse if they tried.

Bane's costume in Batman & Robin was actually somewhat faithful.

I would say Arnold's Freeze was far worse.

Doc Ock
Sandman
Venom
Lizard
Electro
Rhino
Green Goblin (Dafoe)
Green Goblin (DeHaan)
Green Goblin (Franco)

I think the top five CBM villains are Ledger's Joker, Hamill's Joker, McKellen's Magneto, Eckhart's Two-Face, and Molina's Ock.

Excluding my Spidey bias, here's my list:

1. Ledger's Joker

2. McKellen's Magneto

3. Nicholson's Joker

4. Molina's Ock

5. Stamp's Zod

Why is everyone picking Doc Ock? his look didn't resemble the comics, like at all!

Why is everyone picking Doc Ock? his look didn't resemble the comics, like at all!
Because the topic asked me what I thought the best design was. "Best design" does not equal "most comic-book faithful."

I was as giddy as a three-year-old in Toys-R-Us when they unveiled Doc Ock's poster at Comic Con. Haven't had that feeling with a Spider-Man villain since.

Last edited:

The thread is asking which villain had the best design, not which villain looks closest to the comics. Ock's is the best. Comic accuracy is irrelevant as long as they get the spirit of the character's appearance right, which they did with the four tentacles and sunglasses look. To say he didn't resemble the comics at all is not true. Ock has had several different looks in the comics, and the one constant in all of them is his tentacles and sunglasses.

I misunderstood you guys post, my bad.

I think The Lizard had best design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"