Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

The way things are going this is well on track to be CBM of the year.

The way things are going this is well on track to be CBM of the year.
EUm5-In-ZXg-AAjt-Ah.jpg

Got around to seeing this, I mean it couldn't have been as bad as people said.

It was bad.

Script and dialog was bad... amateurish bad.
Action was OK if unrealistic, but it is a "super hero movie".
Casting was very very, so very bad (besides Margot of course) IMO while I could tolerate Black Canary, Huntress was just off and well Montoya played by someone who is 56 year old and 5 feet tall ..sorry cant buy into her beating up goons

This was just a very bad movie, not sure who to blame for it (do not want to put it all on the director without knowing) but ya I will never be seeing this again as it really has no redeeming qualities that would pull me back to watch again.

Once again this is a case of rushing a movie and introducing a bunch of people to try and make a team (IE - Justice League) without establishing each "hero" fist in separate movies (Avengers)

I actually ended up really enjoying this today. Would love to see a sequel someday, or see these characters again the DCEU. Let’s get Ivy and Batgirl in there.

I thought it was terrible and I don't get why anyone likes Robbie as this character. It's poorly acted but that's probably because the casting is way off.

Finally saw this. It's not good and I'm being nice in saying that. The "humor" was the worst part.

They should have made the kid a random person and introduced a proto-Batgirl Barbara Gordon.

Everything else was good to me.

Black Canary was the best one.

They should have made the kid a random person and introduced a proto-Batgirl Barbara Gordon.

Everything else was good to me.

Black Canary was the best one.
I would have preferred that. The kid would have been fine if she wasn’t supposed to be someone else that they didn’t really drop many hints towards. It came off to me a bit like using the kid in Deadpool 2 and saying he’s Moon Knight.

I would have preferred that. The kid would have been fine if she wasn’t supposed to be someone else that they didn’t really drop many hints towards. It came off to me a bit like using the kid in Deadpool 2 and saying he’s Moon Knight.
I wonder if there was an earlier version were it was Barbara. That would have tied the GCPD, Harley, they could have gotten Gordon which would have tied stuff together.

She's working on being "Batman" lifts the diamond without realizing.

Batgirl would’ve fit seamlessly into this. When Montoya was investigating the crime scenes, she could’ve popped up and could’ve said “Batman won’t be around for a while but I’m handling this.”

She could’ve established a relationship with Montoya and Canary, had a little skirmish with Harley and Huntress, then they all do the big team up. But someone from the Bat Family should’ve been in this.

What i cant understand when i saw this movie is a few things:
1) Why oh why can they not get Geoff Johns or Walter Hamada or even David Goyer, someone who KNOWS THE SOURCE MATERIAL, that these directors aside and SHOW THEM HOW THE COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO ACT AND LOOK LIKE? Is it too much to ask that they could have took the director aside and showed her a couple of comic book runs of Harley and the BOP?
2) It is not believeable looking that a 100 lbs woman soaking wet is going to destroy a 240 lbs dude unless her name is Supergirl or Wonder Woman- Harley busting into a GPD station full of cops and NO ONE takes out their gun and shoots her?
3) Sionis is called Black Mask! He almost never takes the mask off in the comics for a reason! Plus his false face society (that i thought was used pretty nicely in SS when the Joker's men broke into AA to free him)
4) Is just blows my man that they allowed the stunt team from the Matrix and John Wick movies to choerograph the fight scenes and they DIDN'T let them get their hands on BATMAN!!?! I'm sorry but in a action movie set in Gotham City with all the destruction and choas that Harley caused and he isn't alerted to it just doesn't make sense. They would've been better served if they treated Batman as Jaws or He who will not be named, a menace in the back ground throughout the movie and then in the end he shows up to clean up. When didnt even have to have Afleck or Battinson, just the stunt team dressed in a batsuit fully unleashed in their John Wick/Matrix style of fighting.

I still dont understand if they want MORE butts in the seats, why they would make an R rated comic book movie. Harley is not Deadpoll. If there was any fore thought they should have followed up SS with the Joker/Harley Mad Love movie ending in their breakup, THEN going into a solo Harley movie. They definatly should have skipped the BOP and just made it Harley and Cassandra (Wolf and cub) on the run from the Gotham underworld with Cass either renamed as some other character or go full into her mute/martial artist past (maybe and good way to either name drop or introduce Lady Shiva or Cain!)
Just so much wasted potential all because they can virtue signal that all men are bad and all women and kewl!! I was just rewatching A League of their Own the other night with my family and it just amazed me how you had a rag tag bunch of talent women trying to overcome in a male sport (albeit the males are overseas in the war) but they all had real issues that they dealt with through out the movie that made their characters GROW! Yes some men were jerks but damn it some men were good and even Hanks character started in a low place but by the end of the movie they SHOWED us that these women were cool by what they did and overcame, not by punching men in the balls every scene! In most of these movies (Captain Marvel comes to mind) there is not ANY decent men in these films, just fodder that tells guys that we suck and women can do no wrong! What man is going to WANT to pay 12 buck to be lectured to for 2 hours like this and btw, the ladies are not lining up for this crap either. We as audience want to go on the ride TOGETHER! I mean the director did ask Patty Jenkins for some tips but I just dont think this was the right movie for her to do right now. Don't get me wrong i know the Russo's had only a few TV episodes under their belt before Cap and the Avengers, but a better script and someone on these productions who have a good grasp of DC's great characters.

Hmm, I notice the lack of one creator in your list. One who is a big fan of what they did with this movie. But, clear from your post, that Gail Simone is not worthy of thought.

Hmm, I notice the lack of one creator in your list. One who is a big fan of what they did with this movie. But, clear from your post, that Gail Simone is not worthy of thought.
I didn’t think about Simone but you are absolutely right! Rucka and Dennis O’Neil would’ve been great too!

I haven't seen the movie, but from the pics and clips I've seen I can understand why some are saying that the costuming is barely a step up from the CW shows.

I haven't seen the movie, but from the pics and clips I've seen I can understand why some are saying that the costuming is barely a step up from the CW shows.
The characters are starting out, they are not even heroes, more like street level anti heroes.

Harley doesn't have any money, Renee Montoya loses her job as a Police Detective, Helena (Huntress) gets her family wealth back at the end, Dinah (Black Canary) works at a club as a singer.

None of them are rich or working for a mega agency (Like MCU's SHIELD) so cheap costumes work in that context.

Last edited:
Earth 2 what?

I think Harley deserves a sequel...as long as she doesnt take over anymore franchises that arent hers.

I definitely want to see more of this Harley (as opposed to the SS version). She deserves a bigger audience. I hope Birds of Prey can also find an audience and a future even if that means a streaming show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"