Captain Marvel Spoilers Thread

I like the costume more without the gold shoulders. But actually, Endgame I believe Larson filmed first, so technically the redesign came in Captain Marvel. Not Endgame. Assuming I am right, of course.

Even the alien modification slightly explains how hulk was able to go into space and get sucked in to the collectors planet
I think it's the prototype for the transports SHIELD uses and was showcased from A1, TWS etc but the Quinjet Hulk went off in was created and built by Stark per dialog in AOU as well as evidenced in RAGNAROK.

Also the two craft look nothing alike and are way different in size.

Yes! good point about the AOU quinjet, forgot about that

I like the costume more without the gold shoulders. But actually, Endgame I believe Larson filmed first, so technically the redesign came in Captain Marvel. Not Endgame. Assuming I am right, of course.

Yep, she did film Endgame before Captain Marvel. But technically the redesign is still Endgame since this film takes place and was released before Endgame :oldrazz:

Yep, she did film Endgame before Captain Marvel. But technically the redesign is still Endgame since this film takes place and was released before Endgame :oldrazz:

To the audience, maybe. From a production standpoint, the redesigned her outfit for Captain Marvel.

Funnily enough the endgame suit FEELS like a redesign to me if that makes any sense. Could just be a product of seeing this suit first.

Her costume was fine, my bigger gripe is now not her mask but all marvel heroes there mask just come on or off with cgi and it never looks natural or real. Did they ever make an actual helmet for her to wear and just all digital like starlord, iron spider, ironman and some extent antman and wasp?

To the audience, maybe. From a production standpoint, the redesigned her outfit for Captain Marvel.
Semantics lol
Her costume was fine, my bigger gripe is now not her mask but all marvel heroes there mask just come on or off with cgi and it never looks natural or real. Did they ever make an actual helmet for her to wear and just all digital like starlord, iron spider, ironman and some extent antman and wasp?

They did make an actual mask for her to wear. Personally, I love that they actually decided to use it

Funny thing:-
Ronan has the one very specific type of enemy that keep foiling his plans: The-not-so-unique "Retro human, taken into space with lies, capable of holding an infinity stone" kind of person.

That's oddly specific.

Ronan has the one very specific type of enemy that keep foiling his plans: The-not-so-unique "Retro human, taken into space with lies, capable of holding an infinity stone" kind of person.

That's oddly specific.
Haha, that’s some seriously bad luck to come up against his weakness twice. :funny:

Kevin Smith's reaction to the the Stan Lee cameo (typically unfiltered Kevin Smith, so language):

Last edited:

That's oddly specific.
I think I mentioned this in another thread, but it does kinda add to his motivation for deciding to betray Thanos to keep the infinity stone for himself to wield, since we now know he's witnessed first-hand what an infinity stone-powered person can do.

If they do lower her power level, I hope it is not to too much of an extent. I don't think that they'll have her ride in and one-punch Thanos into a Snap of her own though. It will be an ensemble take-down, which I'm fine with. She can kick ass all on her own in her own films.

As for the suit, I like the changes made for Endgame. In fact, what I would love to see, is a red sash...:halo:

I really personally dig the Endgame suit

You guys think that the plane they stole from Pegasus is the basis for the Quinjet?
Of course! It was called the QUAD-jet! In Latin, quad means 4 or 4th while quin means 5 or 5th. Sadly, they have to stop there because the next one would be the Sexjet. While Tony would approve, Disney would not.

Yeah the Supreme Intelligence probably lost power, that thing wanted the war.

Not necessarily, it could have just seen the way the wind was blowing, and decided that the Kree would be better served by peace. . . at least temporarily.

Of course, as things stand now, Xandar and Asgard are both decimated, which are coincidentally both of the main power centers that either actually were at war with them, or could pose an existential threat if they chose to go to war. Which is to say: expect the Kree to go aggressive again in the near future, depending on how reality gets rebooted in Endgame.

So, I haven't watched the movie yet (only next weekend), but I want to know of the power levels: is Carol that much powerful than all the MCU heroes so far?

IMO, no, not really. She's basically in the same tier as the other heavy hitters ( Thor, Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch ).

Why do aliens need a lightspeed engine?... ...don't they already have the technology to warp around space?

Why do aliens need a lightspeed engine?... ...don't they already have the technology to warp around space?

I mean, I can come up with an explanation: the wormhole drives are dependent on existing wormhole connections, which requires finding the right connection, spending lots of time flying slower than light inside star systems, and with harmful side effects if you try to make too many simultaneous jumps. Whereas a point-and-click FTL drive would let you just go wherever you want, as fast as you want.

Its just. . . the movie really should have spent at least a little time making this more clear.

Serious question: does this version of Captain Marvel even have energy absorption powers? Because at no point during the movie do we see her running out of energy or absorbing it. At least not that I remember.

We don't know yet. In the comics she's supposed to be absorbing energy all around her at all times, so as far as we know, she'd been building up all that energy for 6 years and wouldn't need to absorb any more for a while to fuel her powers. But they explicitly stated the cause of her power in the first place was the absorption of the core's power, so it seems likely that will still form the basis of her abilities and will be explored further in other films.

The term 'lightspeed' is actually still pretty slow with galactic distances involved, though it does sound cool. I assume it is more FTL rather than restricted just to the speed of light, but ultimately it still gets around the apparent road map of hyper gates that ties the universe together.

They could theoretically go to any planet without having to use the hyper gate junctures, which not only creates shortcuts, but allows quicker travel time to planets that do not have hyper gates to begin with. They could go straight to Planet E without having to stop at Planets B,C or D. and as we saw in the movie, Yon-Rogg and Starforce had to endure travel time before reaching a gate that would get them to Terra.

And apparently, the Kree cruiser does have the lightspeed engine. At the end, we didn't see the pixel-like effect of the hyper gate. They just stretched away into infinity and disappeared.

Also, when she lands at the end to confront Yon-Rogg, you can see the transformers and power lines way off in the background are affected by her (not to mention the way power is dimmed on the entire ship when she first breaks free), so those things hint to me that energy absorption is still very much in play.

Also, when she lands at the end to confront Yon-Rogg, you can see the transformers and power lines way off in the background are affected by her (not to mention the way power is dimmed on the entire ship when she first breaks free), so those things hint to me that energy absorption is still very much in play.

Nice catch. Things noticed but not connected. It's also something they may not explain. Don't know if general audiences will care too much other than 'big 'plosion power aaaah!':D

A scene with her actively drawing power would be all they would need though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"