The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 1 (Spoiler Discussion)

I had fun with it, but the visuals and action seemed to take a bit of a step back in comparison to Mandalorian. I hope this isn't just filler until Obi Wan. Overall though, I enjoyed it!

Same - i still enjoyed it quite a lot, though. Boba was badass too.

Missed being back in this awesome lived-in Tatooine!

Who do we think is the Mayor? It's got to be a big name, right?
Thinking it might just be that Ithorian from one of the spots they released.
Who was apparently voiced by R.Rodriguez (at least in the first teaser) :funny:

5zf17n.gif

I enjoyed the premiere, but this really needed two episodes to get a good feel of what the rest of this show is going to be like because I didn't get enough of it in this episode.

Temeura is still a badass in the role though and I liked the bit of backstory that we got even if the Sarlacc Pit escape was pretty tame and easy compared to what I thought it would be.

Ming-Na Wen and those Gamorrean guards were the highlight of this episode for me though along with just seeing more of the brutal day-to-day living of the Tusken raiders.

Also, I never thought I would see parkour in Star Wars, but that was a pretty cool sequence. The 4-armed creature was dope too and that the kind of new stuff I want to see more of in these shows.

Gamorrean guards stole the show though, they were the G.O.A.T.S

Dudes were loyal AF.

I do feel like Boba would have benefitted from having two episodes released on the first night, more so then Hawkeye did. Especially as we have seen so little of where we are going.

1000% agree.

This feels soo much like a Pt 1 of a 2 or 3 part story arc. And I agree if they released the second episode it would have made things much better.

Me thinks this show is going to be more enjoyable in binge viewing than weekly.

We got a name for that multi-armed creature yet?

Goro-Champ XD

The episode reminded me a fair amount of the Mando premier (save for the big reveal of Grogu) in that once it got beyond its first couple of episodes...it found its footing. I have a feeling once we dealt with the Mayor and bring in the real compition things are gunna get groovy.

Also MAX FREAKING REBO! Glad to see he made it to his gig

Also Jennifer Beals as the Twi'lek Madam....daaaaammmmn

Sarlacc escape was to tame and easy. Should have been an absolute nightmare in there, full of half digested still living beings, and that should have been the awe inspiring monster escape and kill, that wins the respect of the Tusken. (Although the later Harryhausen monster was a fun nod)

Totally agree with this.

I liked the episode a lot. But a really harrowing escape would've gone a long way. And the visuals inside could've been really creative and terrifying (Star Wars-style terrifying).

Totally agree with this.

I liked the episode a lot. But a really harrowing escape would've gone a long way. And the visuals inside could've been really creative and terrifying (Star Wars-style terrifying).
Something like Masterchief in the Flood ships in Halo would have been nice. With Boba having to fight the organisms in the Sarlacc's gut, partially digested corpses being controlled and mobilized by some of the fauna, and his armor breaking down in the digestive acids.

5zfm81.gif

5zfmh8.gif

I'm calling him the Sand Kraken!

I think they even generated his gestures or frame rate to invoke stop-motion. As a nod to Harryhausen
5zfba6.gif

5zfb0w.gif
Sand kraken is good with me. :cwink:

Love this little bastard. :D

Interesting if true!

Good to know. I’m a total sucker for anything Harryhausen-esque. This creature looks good standing up with upper and lower arms very far apart, and also in full on centaur mode.

I was fine with how they did *THAT* scene.

It was short and to the point. Yeah you could've spent like 20 minutes with it, but I'm happier we got to see something all these years later.

Now that said, I did think Episode 1 was TOO SHORT. It wasn't even 38 minutes long really. The ending was abrupt. It felt like only half of a pilot or first episode.

In fact, I think a lot of the Disney+ exclusive episodes are running too short. Which I don't get because they did a 70-minute premiere episode for Bad Batch, and later episodes were longer than the typical animated show format.

Now that said, I did think Episode 1 was TOO SHORT. It wasn't even 38 minutes long really. The ending was abrupt. It felt like only half of a pilot or first episode.

In fact, I think a lot of the Disney+ exclusive episodes are running too short. Which I don't get because they did a 70-minute premiere episode for Bad Batch, and later episodes were longer than the typical animated show format.

Total agreement.

They should have opened with two episodes so you could see the opening "chapter" in its entirety and we can move on from "The Mayor" to whomever (Xizor, Qi'ra, Cad Bane etc) the main antagonist will be.

Part of me does think that the first three episodes are going to be one story arc by Rodriguez and episode 4 - 7 are where Dave, Jon and Bryce come in and connect it to the rest of the Mandoverse.

Yeah, a very underwhelming premiere. Much more interested in the present day stuff than the flashback stuff. Hope that isn't the last we see of Beal's Twi'lek. Also nice to see some sexy guy Twi'leks to make things a bit more equal. The sand kraken was really neat, though. And Boba adopting a Tusken child is cute. The kid is so getting fridged, though. And space parkour is fun.

I do feel like Boba would have benefitted from having two episodes released on the first night, more so then Hawkeye did. Especially as we have seen so little of where we are going.

If they had wanted a one episode premier, I think they should have saved the flashback stuff for episode 2. We are clearly getting more flashback stuff, but the short episode, with the weird split between flashback and present day didn't work. If they spread out the flashback stuff throughout the series, I will be very, very annoyed.

The night shots looked so bad. Dave Klein is no Greig Fraser. (But then again, who is?)

Yeah, I am thinking there are some limits to the stagecraft tech that we are beginning to see.

5zfw2t.gif

I'm calling him the Sand Kraken!

I think they even generated his gestures or frame rate to invoke stop-motion. As a nod to Harryhausen
5zfba6.gif

5zfmh8.gif

5zfb0w.gif

5zg47v.gif

5zfwv3.gif

5zfwi4.gif

5zg3gr.gif

5zg3ll.gif

Yeah, it was very much based on Harryhausen's Kraken.

I enjoyed the premiere, but this really needed two episodes to get a good feel of what the rest of this show is going to be like because I didn't get enough of it in this episode.

Temeura is still a badass in the role though and I liked the bit of backstory that we got even if the Sarlacc Pit escape was pretty tame and easy compared to what I thought it would be.

Ming-Na Wen and those Gamorrean guards were the highlight of this episode for me though along with just seeing more of the brutal day-to-day living of the Tusken raiders.

Also, I never thought I would see parkour in Star Wars, but that was a pretty cool sequence. The 4-armed creature was dope too and that the kind of new stuff I want to see more of in these shows.
Yep.

Parkour +1
Sand Kraken +2

Sarlacc escape -1

Can’t be,Eide it took this long to get a rooftop chase in live action Star Wars… Rebels was so good at the,.

Some of the cinematography and lighting did look a bit flat. But I felt that way about Hawkeye as well. I think some of the desert scenes did look better than others. Like when he's getting dragged by the banthas all that looked good and cinematic IMO.

Now, I did enjoy the big creature fight. The sand centaur/behemoth looked awesome.

That was underwhelming. Let’s hope ep 2 is better. Can’t believe Boba Fett fought Machamp.

I didn’t notice yesterday… did they make sure to have the explosion/wound on the jet pack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"