The Mandalorian Chapter 23 Spoiler Discussion

There's a couple moments when these whiny strings come in, especially when Grogu stops the fight, that remind me so much of Elfman's Catwoman stings in Batman Returns.

Also noticed on my rewatch... the two 'Gideon Supercommandos' flanking him, have more red in their outfit than the rest.

Last edited:
databank_emperorsroyalguard_01_169_4a88ce6c.jpeg

...so happy we're finally getting to see these guys flex 35-40 years after ROTJ - was definitely one of the first Black Series figures I snagged, always chilling next to my Palpatine [in his chair] 6" display.

*yes I know they're different, calm down... they're an evolution, it counts.

Last edited:
Okay, so I’ll keep this as brief as possible, because pretty much everyone has said what I was gonna say. And honestly, there’s really not much to say.

I really, really liked this episode. I had a lot of fun with it. Cinematography was on point this episode. It was cool seeing Moff Gideon back in new attire, the Imperial Remnant/beginnings of the First Order, and the brief mentions of Thrawn. Grogu in his new, IG-12 mech was adorable. I like seeing Mandalorians doing Mandalorian stuff. Everything in this episode was cool, and it was cool seeing all of the story threads coming together finally.

The thing is, that’s just it. Everything was cool, but nothing emotionally connected with me, and that all goes back to that one decision they made it in Book of Boba Fett with Grogu that had rippling effects on the rest of this show’s story and it’s progression and undercut the emotional core of this show. The show obviously wants me to care about the stuff that’s going on, but it’s so at odds with itself and how it wants to tell its story that I just don’t feel much of anything other than just excitement.

For example, when they killed off Paz, I’m sure I was supposed to feel something, but we never really got to know him as a character. So, instead of being like “Oh, no!!! Poor Paz!!!”, my reaction was more like “Bummer.”

So, I’ll just say, as far as investment In in the main characters, it’s pretty low right now. The show as it is now wants to be so many other things other than the very thing that drew me to it in the first place, and that’s a real bummer. Hope the finale sticks the landing and fixes/alleviates some of my current concerns, but it’s not looking good right now.

At the very least, I still have Andor season 2, The Acolyte, Ahsoka, Skeleton Crew and the last season of The Bad Batch on the TV side of things look forward to.

I can't decide which I liked more, this or episode 5. I liked Moff Gideon's Imperial Zoom meeting, I really dug the final battle between the Mandos and the Empire, Paz Vizsla vs. the Praetorian Guards was awesome, and you know what? F it, Grogu controlling IG-11's body as a mech is hilarious.

Wait, Gideon talking about combining cloners, Jedi, and Mandos. Are we getting the Shadow Troopers from Jedi Outcast?

This probably doesn't mean anything more than "It's cute that he likes shiny things", but IG-12's control levers look like the Razor Crest controls that so fascinated Grogu.

This probably doesn't mean anything more than "It's cute that he likes shiny things", but IG-12's control levers look like the Razor Crest controls that so fascinated Grogu.

All my thoughts on this episode went right out the window when I saw Skinny Pete standing next to Warlock. And I thought Jack Black and Lizzo were a shock. :scream:

Boy, they were really banking on me caring about Paz Vizsla, huh.

Nice to see some red dudes again.

Gideon's new suit looks dumb.

Yessss, keep hyping me up for Ahsoka pls, show. It's what you're good for at this point.

Clunky dramatic moments aside, I did enjoy this episode. Some really nice variety in the visuals. Really dug the Blade Runner vibes of the opening. Some interesting world-building.

Do I think this is leading to a remotely satisfying finale?

giphy.gif

Do I think this is leading to a remotely satisfying finale?

giphy.gif
Just checked and didn’t realise next episode is the season finale. Doesn’t feel right. This season’s pacing and structure hasn’t worked. I thought seeing S3 would explain the need to put that Din stuff in Boba Fett, but I’m none the wiser, and that decision seems to have had a detrimental effect on both shows.

Gideon requested three Praetorian Guards from the Shadow Council. We're supposed to assume that these are the red-robed figures, but three super-bodyguards to take down one injured, exhausted warrior only after he ran out of ammo? Okay, so the red robes are smart, but they're supposed to be elite fighters.

Coincidentally, there were three Mandalorians leading the crew of the sail barge.

Really enjoyed this episode a lot. It does seem weird that next week is the finale but we're absolutely getting a cliffhanger ending and have thought that for a few weeks now.

Mech Grogu was awesome and adorable, Din is still doing important things even though Bo seems to be the focus and I have liked Paz Visla in this show personally so it was sad to see him go. Especially with his son waiting on the fleet for him.

And yeah, something definitely feels off with/about The Armourer.

And yeah, something definitely feels off with/about The Armourer.
She speaks with the same hypnotist's cadence as Thrawn.

As an agent of the Chiss, Thrawn failed years ago. What could be more Star Wars-y than "there is another"?

Gideon requested three Praetorian Guards from the Shadow Council. We're supposed to assume that these are the red-robed figures, but three super-bodyguards to take down one injured, exhausted warrior only after he ran out of ammo? Okay, so the red robes are smart, but they're supposed to be elite fighters.

Coincidentally, there were three Mandalorians leading the crew of the sail barge.

I mean, they didn't exactly struggle to take down Paz. For bodyguarding, they are pretty good at smaller threats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"