Reaction score
Last week on MAndor...

The Good,
YTrNURs.gif

The Bad,
52mbGib.gif

and the Ugly.
QN5QMFQ.gif

Now, Chapter XX of Why Does It Look Like That...

BOaMZd2.gif

I feel like the answer of how Grogurt got where he was in episode 1 is a necessary thing for this show to address. But something about it feels... weird to me. It just feels very standard, I guess. Suppose I was expecting a little more to it.

You figure the Mandalorian clan would leave that planet after that giant croc attack, but now you got giant dragon like creatures too!

What a wonderful surprise seeing Ahmed Best back in Star Wars and playing the badass Jedi that saved Grogu :atp:

Excellent episode. Awesome directing from Carl Weathers

I feel like the answer of how Grogurt got where he was in episode 1 is a necessary thing for this show to address. But something about it feels... weird to me. It just feels very standard, I guess. Suppose I was expecting a little more to it.
I think the issue is, it's like they wrote it on a napkin one time, and that's it. That's his story. I think having him be at the temple in the first place is always odd and unnecessary. He basically has the same escape story as Yoda now.

You figure the Mandalorian clan would leave that planet after that giant croc attack, but now you got giant dragon like creatures too!

What a wonderful surprise seeing Ahmed Best back in Star Wars and playing the badass Jedi that saved Grogu :atp:

Excellent episode. Awesome directing from Carl Weathers
Honestly, that might be the worst directed episode of the show. Even worse then his episode last season, which was so rough outside of the set pieces. Which again here, are the only parts well put together. Because it's CGI camera work, belonging to those putting it together at ILM.

Weathers doesn't know how to construct shots. Which is why either he or the editor is forced to fall back on a ridiculous amount of transitions. The amount around the forge were bad.

I was really into the direction they set up at the start of the season, even if I had apprehensions on pulling it off. However, resolving that by episode 2 and then having these two episodes feels directionless. I really enjoyed episode 2 minus the first five minutes feeling weird and unnecessary. These last two have felt like a considerable dip and I'm struggling to see the picture of where they want this to go right now. Which I'd be more fine with if we had more time, but... that was the midpoint.

If nothing happens again next week, I'm officially worried about this show. Two poorly constructed episodes, in a poorly constructed first half of the season. I didn't hate when they decided to serialize the show in season 2. But this season does not seem to have any identity or purpose. With season 2, it was find the Jedi. They did that, it was dramatic and then... they undid it before the show came back.

They gave Din a new mission on Boba and... he fixed it in two episodes. I do not know what is going on, but it feels like the show is on pause or worse, they don't have anything left to say about the characters and their story. Maybe it's because Ahsoka has to happen first? I don't know, but this show went from something happening pretty much every week in both an episodic and serialized seasons, to very little happening this season. They've stretched out everything so far, and still ended up with a sitcom length episode.

This show has a cult from a warrior race, and they seem incapable of doing anything with them, outside of showing them as having a longwinded leader and them being completely terrible at the whole being warriors thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"