The Mandalorian Chapter 23 Spoiler Discussion

You know what would have really helped convey the emotion of Bo-Katan's story? Perhaps talking about someone personal she lost, due to her selfishness and joining up with Death Watch. Say, I dunno, her SISTER.

Overall, decent episode. I can live with the new Supercommandos, even if they are a downgrade. Moff Gideon has his Phase 3 Darktrooper Armor, good for him. Also, a Mauldalorian helmet. The black armor really needs the back lit yellow visor, to be really good visually, imo. Not feeling the proto-pratorian guards. I get it, mix the royal guards with a bit of mando, but the TLJ designs are better.

Pacing just feels so off this season. Not sure what the finale is going to be.

Shout out to Skinny Pete.

o89Gi4l.gif
tumblr_n8bceiCiYT1s9rujjo2_250.gif

tumblr_n8bceiCiYT1s9rujjo3_250.gif
q4u498a.gif

im a simple man:

You give me Kaijuesque Megafauna...im a happy camper

I liked the episode, but I hate what they're doing to Din. This is like the third time he's getting captured this season. But I already knew what was up when I heard at the start "Bo-Katan lead a squadron alongside Din Djarin." Even Gideon seems to focus more on Bo.

Also could be me, but in some of the action scenes I couldn't really see what was going on. With the quick cuts and flashes all in the dark.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Din in the finale and have Katee take over "officially." (Cause she basically already has)

Last edited:
Oh my, my boy George Mason (Xander Berkeley) played Pellaeon.

latest

The grogu mech IG-12 is very dumb. Grogu is still a foundling so he shouldn't have gone along with the other Mandos. The only reason he is there is probably to use the force on something. Like probably the Mythosaur. or something. Maybe Grogu is there just to unlock some force thing that is a secret of Tarre Vizla, the Mando who was a jedi.

Honestly, thinking The Armorer and Gideon are in cahoots... might even be old lovers.

She conveniently left the planet. Her cult aspects mostly only do harm to the Mandos.

They both have Maul-esque helmets.

Still thinking she's Rook Kast
Hoping when the helmet finally comes off, Bo recognizes her and they have an epic fight

I liked the episode, but I hate what they're doing to Din. This is like the third time he's getting captured this season. But I already knew what was up when I heard at the start "Bo-Katan lead a squadron alongside Din Djarin." Even Gideon seems to focus more on Bo.

Also could be me, but in some of the action scenes I couldn't really see what was going on. With the quick cuts and flashes all in the dark.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Din in the finale and have Katee take over "officially." (Cause she basically already has)
Yeah, some scenes were a little dark for me too, with quick cuts.

I think they only kill Din if Pedro is ever permanently done with the character (would have thought it's a relatively easy gig for him though). He's too popular otherwise and could return and cameo in other projects once the show is done. Probably makes it to the film at least.

One minor thing I did appreciate was when the Scavenger Mandos asked if the Armorer and her cohorts were Death Watch. I love how she kind of side stepped the question even though she basically admitted that they were once DW but pretty much have abandoned the DW philosophy.

Honestly, thinking The Armorer and Gideon are in cahoots... might even be old lovers.

She conveniently left the planet. Her cult aspects mostly only do harm to the Mandos.

Lovers ha, that could be interesting.

We didn't get it with Thanos and Lady Death so maybe it's time for that. :D Might finally wake Gideon up at least. :beaming:

Did you miss the part about her going back to the fleet and Gideon sending the TIE INTERCEPTORS and Bombers after the fleet? There's a big space battle coming in the next episode.

I loved this episode, not only the best episode of the season but one of the best in the entire show. IMDB also loving the episode.

Last edited:
Did you miss the part about her going back to the fleet and Gideon sending the TIE INTERCEPTORS and Bombers after the fleet? There's a big space coming in the next episode.

I loved this episode, not only the best episode of the season but one of the best in the entire show. IMDB also loving the episode.

No... and she magically was the lone survivor after Gideon's first slaughter.

There was some great stuff in this episode for sure like the opening with Moff Gideon returning and just seeing Giancarlo Esposito chew scenery again in that role like crazy which I honestly really missed in this show, but as a whole I just don't know how I feel about the overall direction they are going in with Dinn/Grogu.

As much as love the worldbuilding with the Empire stuff eventually leading into the New Order and the Mandalore mythology it really does feel like a completely different show now IMO.

I mean its great seeing Bo-Katan get so much shine right now, but her arc has pretty much taken over the whole show while Dinn and Grogu are pretty much sidelined spectators at this point.

I almost don't even see a point in keeping them around in this show anymore if this is how they are going to be treated going forward and I have a bad feeling that the finale is going to be one giant, unsatisfying mess that's most likely going to end on a cliffhanger that's going to piss people off even more.

I can't blame them either since we've waited almost two years for this show to come back and who knows when the next season is coming out, but I am still hoping for the best. It's too bad about Paz Vizsla dying too, because I've liked the dude quite a bit since Season 1, but at least he went out like a boss.

As much as love the worldbuilding with the Empire stuff eventually leading into the New Order and the Mandalore mythology it really does feel like a completely different show now IMO.
Ironically that's why I like the season. They've really been changing things up and doing different types of storylines. I was worried that they might run out of gas after 2.5 seasons, but they really haven't IMO. Star Wars needs to continue to evolve and change. Otherwise, it just becomes stale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"