The Mandalorian Chapter 21 Spoiler Discussion

That wouldn't make sense at all.
To clarify, not saying they would have freed him, but are potentially holding him prisoner themselves for reasons we don't know yet, Kane could be working for someone higher up like Thrawn and be tying up loose ends.

To clarify, not saying they would have freed him, but are potentially holding him prisoner themselves for reasons we don't know yet, Kane could be working for someone higher up like Thrawn and be tying up loose ends.

How? They don't seem to be exactly having a ship suitable to perform an extraction.

I'm curious how they record with Pedro. This season he sounds different then he did the first 2 and even Boba. I don't think it's COVID. Maybe he was just busy and had to record them on his own. I don't know, but he sounds more like he's reading lines then acting.

Yeah I really noticed it in that speech he gave to the other Mandalorians. He didn’t sound very convincing or passionate, actually to me it felt like the character didn't care that much. (Which I'm sure wasn't the intention)

Maybe Pedro saw that Din was taking a back seat, and he didn’t like that.

How? They don't seem to be exactly having a ship suitable to perform an extraction.
Yeah, it's a stupid theory, probably just either the Imperials framing the Mandalorians as revenge/to draw attention away from them, or something along the lines of the Super Commandos from Rebels. I maintain the Armorer is shady as hell though.

FsY9Np4X0AAGYIq

This guy rules.

Also, love his shoulder-wear... has very Dash Rendar meets Purge Trooper vibes.

AND - where is Dash Rendar? If anyone needs to be ported into the live action universe, it's my boy that I saved the Shadows Of The Empire with for hours upon hours on the N64.
When Timothy Olyphant was announced to join the cast in season 2 I was hoping he’d be playing Dash Rendar or Kyle Katarn

Another real good episode. I get that people don't like the slow burn but it's not like the get-baby-yoda-to-jedi wasn't a slow burn either for as long as that went on. The thing I get concerned about is using the show as fodder for another Star Wars TV series, but at least this one (five) wasn't as indulgent as Episode 3 was in its Andor-for-babies approach. Five is also much better directed.

Rangers of the New Republic
As of November 2021, no scripts had been written, and the series might be absorbed into future episodes of the "next iteration" of The Mandalorian.

Star Wars: Rangers Of The New Republic To Be Merged With Next Season Of “The Mandalorian” (November 2021)

The Mandalorian Reveals What The Canceled Rangers Of The New Republic Spinoff Could Have Been - /Film

This is why Bo Katan is a main character now, if not equal to Din. She and Cara Dune were going to be the mains of the Rangers show.

Last edited:
The creepy cult leader vibes were entirely too strong in that scene at her old forge, she's up to something. I won't be surprised if she's directly involved in whatever happened with Gideon.

That wouldn't make sense at all.

Keep in mind, another Mauldalorian, Gar Saxon, eventually started to serve the Empire, becoming the Mandalorian governor. Considering that Gideon had the Darksaber, it is reasonable that some of those who followed Maul would also follow Gideon for the same reasons. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing these guys, and their armor, in live action.

Also, given how this show has picked up on pieces of Aftermath, I am curious if the talk of the Pirate Nation is going to lead to followup of apparently one of the Super Star Destroyers being stolen by a pirate.

Yeah I really noticed it in that speech he gave to the other Mandalorians. He didn’t sound very convincing or passionate, actually to me it felt like the character didn't care that much. (Which I'm sure wasn't the intention)

Maybe Pedro saw that Din was taking a back seat, and he didn’t like that.
Honestly, it seems the opposite to me. Like Pedro Pascal was recording his voice lines in a random booth in between takes of The Last of Us. It still kinda works though.

When the credits rolled, she was presented as a lead right next to Pedro. Everyone else was co-starring, so this might be permanent.

And yeah, since Din got redeemed he's not doing anything. He's just along for the ride. I feel like this is worse than what happened to Boba Fett, Din appears to be a random Mandalorian in the group, he could be anyone. There's nothing "special" about him anymore. It's all about Bo-Katan now, and I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that.
That also goes into this. As soon as BOBF started the redemption arc, I was like: "Ah, you guys lost Pedro Pascal, I guess". It makes sense though. Since they had to forcefully get that helmet back on permanently, he couldn't play the role of the man who walked in two worlds anymore. That'd be why they opted to give his arc to Bo-Katan instead.

Honestly, I prefer Bo-Katan in the leader role anyway though. Din's better off as Grogu's dad and an occasionally clumsy bounty hunter. Plus, they've still been giving him stuff to do. It's not like he's disappeared outright.

Din led a pretty independent life, even before he removed his helmet, and that independence seemed to suit him. Now that he’s more tightly connected to his old town/church than he was for years, back among the old squabbling and squalor, and seeing how he’s bringing Grogu into that mess, I think he’s re-evaluating whether he still has faith in their dogma and their ability to actually accomplish anything.

This is all leading to Din choosing to remove his helmet, not due to any immediate emergency, but because of a deliberate decision to break with the old teachings.

Is it bad writing when the usually stupid Mando cult actually acts kinda smart for once :o

Decent episode. Glad we seem to be getting somewhere, but my god do I just not give a damn about any of the New Republic crap going on. At least some of it was relevant to the plotting of the episode, but so much of it feels completely arbitrary to the show it's actually a part of. If this was it's own thing maybe it wouldn't be so bad because it's not as if I am uninterested in learning about what the government is like during this time period considering how little info the ST gives, but it's not being done well enough here to keep me interested when we could be spending more time on the Mandalore stuff. Enough with the last second teases, let's actually start progressing on that plot.

Credit where credit is due though, the ILM team working on this season has been killing it. The starfighter battles have been top notch. As someone who is not overly familiar with a lot of the lore and characters explored in the various cartoons, I am really invested in what they're doing with Bo Katan. I take no issue with her sharing the lead and being the focus, with Din kind of being a supporting piece to her story. I do tend to hate the trope of when our main character is this special person that can be the martyr for a good cause, so not giving that to Din is slightly more interesting. Though I'm not a fan of it meaning less helmet time :argh:

Another real good episode. I get that people don't like the slow burn but it's not like the get-baby-yoda-to-jedi wasn't a slow burn either for as long as that went on. The thing I get concerned about is using the show as fodder for another Star Wars TV series, but at least this one (five) wasn't as indulgent as Episode 3 was in its Andor-for-babies approach. Five is also much better directed.

Rangers of the New Republic

Star Wars: Rangers Of The New Republic To Be Merged With Next Season Of “The Mandalorian” (November 2021)

The Mandalorian Reveals What The Canceled Rangers Of The New Republic Spinoff Could Have Been - /Film

This is why Bo Katan is a main character now, if not equal to Din. She and Cara Dune were going to be the mains of the Rangers show.
Don't mind them booting Cara Dune but they could have just let Bo lead that show without her, and added other good characters. Cara is getting forgotten anyway now.

Keep in mind, another Mauldalorian, Gar Saxon, eventually started to serve the Empire, becoming the Mandalorian governor. Considering that Gideon had the Darksaber, it is reasonable that some of those who followed Maul would also follow Gideon for the same reasons. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing these guys, and their armor, in live action.

Also, given how this show has picked up on pieces of Aftermath, I am curious if the talk of the Pirate Nation is going to lead to followup of apparently one of the Super Star Destroyers being stolen by a pirate.

Thanks for the lore. What does Mauldalorian mean?

Thanks for the lore. What does Mauldalorian mean?

Nickname for the members of Death Watch who sided with Maul when he challenged and beat Pre Viszla for leadership. Bo-katan and her faction refused.

hwne029b.jpg

Nickname is for obvious reasons. And why most of us remain suspicious of the Armorer.

Nickname for the members of Death Watch who sided with Maul when he challenged and beat Pre Viszla for leadership. Bo-katan and her faction refused.

hwne029b.jpg

Nickname is for obvious reasons. And why most of us remain suspicious of the Armorer.
Ha, I didn't catch that at all. :D

Is this all covered in Clone Wars? My memory's terrible, plus I watched the whole thing in about a week when it was leaving cable. If so I might rewatch to get caught up - really love all the Mandalorian lore.

Ha, I didn't catch that at all. :D

Is this all covered in Clone Wars? My memory's terrible, plus I watched the whole thing in about a week when it was leaving cable. If so I might rewatch to get caught up - really love all the Mandalorian lore.

The Maul and Mando stuff is covered in Clone Wars, yes. Stuff with Imperial Supercommandos, which may be relevant, is from Rebels.

The Maul and Mando stuff is covered in Clone Wars, yes. Stuff with Imperial Supercommandos, which may be relevant, is from Rebels.
6a9fc39df4c9d3052f7cfef6f6c49901dec5a1c2.gifv

...still the sexiest suit design in all of SW // can't believe we still don't have a 6" Black Series Supercommando.

Thanks, sounds like I need to rewatch the whole lot and commit it all to memory. Glad some of it is getting paid off in live action now.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Boba hijacking Bo’s future solo show (wish that happens) can complete the circle/triangle /bring balance to the Force. :D

She’s contributing a lot to this show but Din needs to start doing more from here.

Yeah, I'm starting to understand how Boba Fett fans must have felt after Din's character basically hijacked his show.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder why they even gave the darksaber to Din in the first place. We have not seen Din hone his skills with it since the Bobba Fett's show and it's clear that they're setting Bo Katan up as the new leader of Mandalore.

It feels like this show should have just ended after Season 2.

Okay, listening to Zeb when I can have the volume up, it was clearly Blum. Just not super clear when my audio is low.

Yeah, I'm starting to understand how Boba Fett fans must have felt after Din's character basically hijacked his show.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder why they even gave the darksaber to Din in the first place. We have not seen Din hone his skills with it since the Bobba Fett's show and it's clear that they're setting Bo Katan up as the new leader of Mandalore.

The Boba show was on a different plane of ridiculousness where he wasn't even there for a big chunk of it and then when he came in looked awkwardly out of place in shots - never seen anything like it from a title character of a show. :D

I'm happy this show has given Bo a big boost, especially if she gets to appear in another show herself now (already more to work with than Boba had), but the last few episodes will have to give the focus back to Din. She may well be going off now for the recruiting process.

The darksaber needs its user to be in tune with his or her spiritual side. I’d say that Din hasn’t accepted that he no longer fits with the creed that he’s still trying desperately to follow, and that’s interfering with his connection to the saber. Even Bo probably wouldn’t be able to wield the saber effectively most of the time; it was the emergency in the mine that brought everything temporarily into perfect alignment for her.

Honestly, just wish we had an umbrella show post-ROTJ that shows all aspects of the New Republic. Andor x Rebels x Succession.

Honestly, just wish we had an umbrella show post-ROTJ that shows all aspects of the New Republic. Andor x Rebels x Succession.

Well, you can thank the anti vaxxer TERF for not having the New Republic show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"