The Mandalorian Chapter 23 Spoiler Discussion

I mean, they didn't exactly struggle to take down Paz. For bodyguarding, they are pretty good at smaller threats.
Sorry, I phrased it ambiguously. I meant that since the red-robes didn't need to use elite fighting skills in taking down Paz, anyone could have been in those robes, and that maybe defending the base wasn't the situation that Gideon requested Praetorian Guards for.

I enjoyed the episode overall, but I do hope Gideon has a real reason for wanting Din taken alive while wanting the rest of the Mandalorians killed, other than just because he's the main character of the show.

I enjoyed the episode overall, but I do hope Gideon has a real reason for wanting Din taken alive while wanting the rest of the Mandalorians killed, other than just because he's the main character of the show.
Din could be bait, to get Grogu back.

I will say, that the Mofferance did help clarify some things to me. It has felt a bit odd that they would need Gizmo for the Snoke/Palpatine project. But, it turns out, it is likely for his own projects, which is why he wiped Pershing's mind.

Boy, they were really banking on me caring about Paz Vizsla, huh.

Nice to see some red dudes again.

Gideon's new suit looks dumb.

Yessss, keep hyping me up for Ahsoka pls, show. It's what you're good for at this point.

Clunky dramatic moments aside, I did enjoy this episode. Some really nice variety in the visuals. Really dug the Blade Runner vibes of the opening. Some interesting world-building.

Do I think this is leading to a remotely satisfying finale?

giphy.gif
I feel like this is going to be the most Marvel finale for a SW show yet. And that's saying something after Boba's finale. :funny:

All I know, with Phase 3 Daktrooper armor and hinting at Shadowtroopers, they are continue to torment me with Kyle Katarn possibilities.

She speaks with the same hypnotist's cadence as Thrawn.

As an agent of the Chiss, Thrawn failed years ago. What could be more Star Wars-y than "there is another"?

I am not familiar with Thrawn from rebels only from the books which came out years ago. But this does sound a possibility.

All I know, with Phase 3 Daktrooper armor and hinting at Shadowtroopers, they are continue to torment me with Kyle Katarn possibilities.

I finished Outcast at the end of last year and just started Academy a week or so ago. Kyle showing up would blow my mind.

databank_emperorsroyalguard_01_169_4a88ce6c.jpeg

...so happy we're finally getting to see these guys flex 35-40 years after ROTJ - was definitely one of the first Black Series figures I snagged, always chilling next to my Palpatine [in his chair] 6" display.

*yes I know they're different, calm down... they're an evolution, it counts.
Yes, it’s a great payoff. There were so cool back then and it was a shame to never see them in action. I hope they show up again.

Definitely worth checking out. For Thrawn but also for all the other great characters that are due to appear in Ahsoka.

I have started Rebels but can only watch a few at a time before needing a break. It's a bit too kiddy for me.

It’s a shame both Clone Wars and Rebels started slow as I imagine many more people would have watched them through otherwise.

I will say, that the Mofferance did help clarify some things to me. It has felt a bit odd that they would need Gizmo for the Snoke/Palpatine project. But, it turns out, it is likely for his own projects, which is why he wiped Pershing's mind.
Yep, that does makes sense. Hux obviously wants Pershing back for project Resurrection, but seems Gideon wasn't really involved with that. The fact that they mindflayer him too, I'd say is very important. Pershing claims to be the one who came up with stand-casts and thus helped create Snoke and Dathan 20+ years earlier.

By the Sequels though, we learn they were never able to get that perfect force-sensitive strand-cast body for Palpatine. Probably partially because the guy who came up with all of that can no longer do basic math.

It's very clever how they all tie it together. Especially since the Advanced Science Division stuff in Bad Batch is probably already close to Snoke's creation. After season 2 of that show finished I'm even more convinced that
Omega is an early strand-cast. Maybe even the first successful one. The Empire doesn't care about clones anymore. They're being phased out everywhere. Even mutated clones like the Bad Batch aren't relevant anymore. Yet the Advanced Science Division really wants this random Jango clone who also happens to be female. Definitely a strand-cast mix of Jango and some tbd female character. I'll really stick with that until proven wrong.

Last edited:
This was one of the best episodes of the series. This season should have this kind of quality all along. Overall, though, this season has been all over the place. It’s funny how they went from one of the worst episodes of the show to one of the best. Lol

One of the scavengers seemed to have the bulkier shoulder armor of the Mandalorian Protcters/royal guards. So, even if we don't see Fenn Rau, I hope we see some Mando Protectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"