Clark Gregg is Agent Phil Coulson

Do you think if it’s the 90s agent Coulson won’t be balding yet?

That's a question I've been wondering as well!

I'd also imagine they would use makeup and not CGI to make him look younger in the film.

I suppose we met him in 2008 so it’s not too far away.

Although seeing him with blonde spiky tips like everyone else in the ‘90s would be awesome lol

Coulson is most well-known for Agents of SHIELD. It definitely counts as a crossover between TV and film in my book.

None of the TV show events will tie in to this, and Coulson is more well known from the movies and one-shots leading up to his death in the Avengers.

If it were May, you might have a point because she didn't exist the movies prior to the show. Or if Coulson appeared outside of a flashback with actions from the shows flowing into the movies you might have a point.

Of course I'm still waiting for that show to be declared his coma dream but that's me.

Yep, the tie-ins are one way, that seems done & dusted at this point.

Shows reference the movies, but as far as the movies are concerned the shows are elseworlds, a "what if?" and nothing more.

For the best.

None of the TV show events will tie in to this, and Coulson is more well known from the movies and one-shots leading up to his death in the Avengers.
He totally isn't. He's more well-known for Agents of SHIELD now, hence why this technically counts as a crossover.

He totally isn't. He's more well-known for Agents of SHIELD now, hence why this technically counts as a crossover.

AoS exists because of his popularity in the movies and one shots. Besides none of the show's events will crossover into this, and Coulson's role in the movies pre-dates all of the AOS stuff. This isn't a cross over it's fan service, bringing him back here because it's really the only place they can.

The flow in the MCU is one way, with the movie events flowing down to the shows. The shows events have yet to flow up.

I'm pretty sure as far as the movies are concerned he's dead and staying that way.

For this to be a cross over events of the show would have to come into play so Fitz and Simmons would have to send him back in time to meet Carol, and I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

I suppose we met him in 2008 so it’s not too far away.

Although seeing him with blonde spiky tips like everyone else in the ‘90s would be awesome lol
I really can’t picture it, lol.

[YT]umw1Yfw93jw[/YT]

Minus that last bit about meaning nothing to "me"

The Son of Coul in the various MCU was always a nice touch for me so to see him again on the big screen - yes please.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need Phil having sex with a pie, thank you very much.

AoS exists because of his popularity in the movies and one shots. Besides none of the show's events will crossover into this, and Coulson's role in the movies pre-dates all of the AOS stuff. This isn't a cross over it's fan service, bringing him back here because it's really the only place they can.
Agents of SHIELD may only exist because of his film popularity, but Coulson isn't known for the MCU films now he's known for the Agents of SHIELD series. This is an Agents of SHIELD crossover just like any post-Torchwood Captain Jack appearance in Doctor Who in my mind was a Torchwood crossover.

I'm pretty sure as far as the movies are concerned he's dead and staying that way.
The movies exist in the same universe. Like a modern day Frankenstein, he's alive.

For this to be a cross over events of the show would have to come into play so Fitz and Simmons would have to send him back in time to meet Carol, and I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen.
I disagree. All you need is Coulson for it to count as a crossover, and we know Coulson is in this film.

Agents of SHIELD may only exist because of his film popularity, but Coulson isn't known for the MCU films now he's known for the Agents of SHIELD series.

Most of the audience doesn't watch Agents of SHIELD. So to them this is gonna be "Oh hey, it's that guy from Avengers!"

Or if they haven't watched Avengers they may recognize him from somewhere else.

Either way, whether is considered a crossover or not, I'm happy to see Phil Coulson in the movies again. I'm really really really hoping that AOS gets a season 6 to see how they tie it in to Captain Marvel and Avengers 4.

I wonder who we have to thank for this.

Could Agents of Shield really develop part of season 6's storyline just because of a supporting role by Coulson in this?

This is about 25 years ago. Why would it have much to do with AoS?

I wonder if they’ll have a quick cameo from a young Melinda may. That might be fun

It would be cool to see May alongside Coulson briefly. Though I think it would be cooler to have Alexander Pierce appear as well.

Agents of SHIELD may only exist because of his film popularity, but Coulson isn't known for the MCU films now he's known for the Agents of SHIELD series. This is an Agents of SHIELD crossover just like any post-Torchwood Captain Jack appearance in Doctor Who in my mind was a Torchwood crossover.

I disagree. All you need is Coulson for it to count as a crossover, and we know Coulson is in this film.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s. The AoS continuity is set modern day. It cannot be considered a crossover. Further, AoS's audience is much lower than that of a movie. Most of the people who see the movies likely don't watch AoS or are aware of it. If everyone who saw the movies watched AoS, it wouldn't be fighting for its life every year on the network.

It only would be a crossover if the events of AoS mattered to Captain Marvel, which they will not. At best, AoS may get a tie-in flashback episode. One that will not feature Carol in any capacity, LOL.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s. The AoS continuity is set modern day. It cannot be considered a crossover. Further, AoS's audience is much lower than that of a movie. Most of the people who see the movies likely don't watch AoS or are aware of it. If everyone who saw the movies watched AoS, it wouldn't be fighting for its life every year on the network.

It only would be a crossover if the events of AoS mattered to Captain Marvel, which they will not. At best, AoS may get a tie-in flashback episode. One that will not feature Carol in any capacity, LOL.

When it's set doesn't matter. Coulson is better known as the main character of Agents of SHIELD now.

When it's set doesn't matter. Coulson is better known as the main character of Agents of SHIELD now.

Very debatable. Amongst fans like us, sure. The general public, doubtful. Again, most of the MCUs movie based fans do not watch AoS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"