Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

But let's not forget that Coulson had never met Loki either but SHIELD seemed to have a fair grasp of who he was before he emerged from the wormhole.

Yeah but he didn't really interact with any of them. I don't even think that he said one word to anyone besides Thor.

Coulson didn't speak to the Asgrdians but he saw them all in person and would know them on sight. He later worked with Selvig at Project Pegasus and would have debriefed the scientist on what he had learned about Thor and his comrades. Also, he spoke with Thor for a while on the Helicarrier and for all we know they discussed the previous visit to Earth in more detail. On top of that, SHIELD has a compelling interest in the aliens who destroyed a town. They would have combined information from obtained by questioning Selvig and Jane Foster, lore from Tonburg, Norway and Norse mythology to come up with a view of who was involved.

Mockingbird was injected with an experimental serum combining the Super Soldier Serum that gave Captain America his strength and the Infinity Formula that has slowed Nick Fury's aging
Think this could have happened to Coulson???

Mockingbird was injected with an experimental serum combining the Super Soldier Serum that gave Captain America his strength and the Infinity Formula that has slowed Nick Fury's aging
Think this could have happened to Coulson???

There has been a lot of speculation along similar lines. In Coulson's flashback an IV bag with dark blue fluid was seen, in addition to glowing green tubes that could have been full of another solution or perhaps something giving off gamma radiation. At this point I refuse to speculate any longer because the show ought to give us a fuller answer sooner rather than later. I strongly suspect that fan theories are going to be better than the ultimate answer, so more spec is counterproductive anyway.

There has been a lot of speculation along similar lines. In Coulson's flashback an IV bag with dark blue fluid was seen, in addition to glowing green tubes that could have been full of another solution or perhaps something giving off gamma radiation. At this point I refuse to speculate any longer because the show ought to give us a fuller answer sooner rather than later. I strongly suspect that fan theories are going to be better than the ultimate answer, so more spec is counterproductive anyway.

One thing I will agree with you on is that they need to wrap up some of these quick -- otherwise they are huge let downs when fan theories become better than what they actually reveal. Lost learned that one.

Coulson a vessel for Eternity, a puppet for Thanos :D

I'm personally still hoping that Coulson is Mar-Vell... Though I highly doubt it'll happen

Did anyone ever really think that Coulson would become The Vision? That was something that a few people kept kicking around after Coulson died but it never made sense. Once he was brought back to life the Vision thing mostly died out. A few on that other site have talked it up but they're not especially known for making sense anyway.

Whatever happened to Coulson, it was <bleep>ing horrific. That shot of him with his brain exposed, screaming "LET ME DIE!".... I seriously cringed when I saw that

Wel it looks like whatever was used to bring Coulson back to life will be in the next episode: The teaser showed that same glowing green tube thing as was seen in his flashback. Btw. the Kree 'great intelligence' is usually show floating around in green glowing stuff...Just a thought.... It would stand to reason that whatever was used on him is rare (something they retrieved from an alien ship or something) and cannot be replaced.

Anyway, Skye's in bad shape atm, so it figures Coulson would hunt that stuff down knowing that if something can bring him back from the dead after days then it could easily save her life while she is still kicking.

I think it will likely get destroyed though (Paxtons' "this place is rigged to blow") so Skye's recovery will have to come via other means (...cough'...latent inhuman powers manifesting when she appears to die...cough...)

There were so many metaphors that could be used, such as, "He moved Heaven and Earth to save you." "It's a magical place." I'm fairly certain that we won't find out for a while, but it will be "magical."

Phase 1 was an introduction. Phase 2 is science. Phase 3 is magic.

There were so many metaphors that could be used, such as, "He moved Heaven and Earth to save you." "It's a magical place." I'm fairly certain that we won't find out for a while, but it will be "magical."

*does best to ignore Thor 2*

The MCU already has magic in it.

Well, the next episode is called "Tahiti" so I'm sure that Coulson's resurrection will be explained furthermore.

Wel it looks like whatever was used to bring Coulson back to life will be in the next episode: The teaser showed that same glowing green tube thing as was seen in his flashback. Btw. the Kree 'great intelligence' is usually show floating around in green glowing stuff...Just a thought.... It would stand to reason that whatever was used on him is rare (something they retrieved from an alien ship or something) and cannot be replaced.

Anyway, Skye's in bad shape atm, so it figures Coulson would hunt that stuff down knowing that if something can bring him back from the dead after days then it could easily save her life while she is still kicking.

I think it will likely get destroyed though (Paxtons' "this place is rigged to blow") so Skye's recovery will have to come via other means (...cough'...latent inhuman powers manifesting when she appears to die...cough...)

Over in the main thread I said that I think the Clairvoyant had Quinn shoot Skye because she's Coulson's pet and he would track down the means used to resurrect him to save her. Once Coulson finds out whatever tech SHIELD used on him, the Clairvoyant would have access to the information. Coulson and Garrett will get enough of the phlebotinum out of that room to save her with before it blows. That's how these things always work.

Short little video interview with Clark Gregg via TV Guide a couple days ago:

There are these obscure movies called 'Thor', 'The Avengers', and 'Thor 2: the Dark World'. Try looking there.

Or, for a slightly less facetious reply: If by "magic" your asking for "not subject to scientific analysis or understanding", you are looking for something that doesn't exist, because *anything observable is subject to scientific analysis and understanding*. The fact that the Asgardians understand magic doesn't mean its not magic. The fact that Asgardians freely incorporate magic into their works of engineering does not mean its not magic. The fact that Asgardians don't run around drowning in superstition does not mean that it is not magic.

"Not sure I can even process this awesomeness of this..." - Clark Gregg

oJVgd2Y.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...65015832.16737.146910928678409&type=1&theater

There are these obscure movies called 'Thor', 'The Avengers', and 'Thor 2: the Dark World'. Try looking there.

Or, for a slightly less facetious reply: If by "magic" your asking for "not subject to scientific analysis or understanding", you are looking for something that doesn't exist, because *anything observable is subject to scientific analysis and understanding*. The fact that the Asgardians understand magic doesn't mean its not magic. The fact that Asgardians freely incorporate magic into their works of engineering does not mean its not magic. The fact that Asgardians don't run around drowning in superstition does not mean that it is not magic.

I don't think the Asgardians use magic. I think it is just science we don't understand. I'm not trying to argue, and we may just have two different interpretations, and that is fine. Here's an example from Thor.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/quotes

Jane Foster: [about the mythology book] Where'd you find this?
Erik Selvig: The children's section. I just wanted to show you how silly his story was.
Jane Foster: But you're the one who's always pushing me to chase down every possibility, every alternative.
Erik Selvig: I'm talking about science, not magic.
Jane Foster: Well, "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.
Erik Selvig: Who wrote science-fiction.
Jane Foster: A precursor to science fact!
Erik Selvig: In some cases, yeah.
Jane Foster: Well, if there's an Einstein-Rosen bridge, then there's something on the other side. And advanced beings could have crossed it!
Erik Selvig: Oh, Jane.
Darcy: A primitive culture like the Vikings might have worshiped them as deities.
Jane Foster: Yes! Yes, exactly. Thank you.

Kevin Feige has pretty much stated as much:

Link: http://screenrant.com/marvel-kevin-...2-3-thor-thanos-infinity-guantlet-gems-stones

Screenrant: How do you fit Thor and Ultron in one movie? This is a movie that’s very cosmic and Ultron is a very technology based villain – how do you kind of fit those two together?

Kevin Feige: Finding that balance has always been what that cinematic universe has been about. Iron Man is a very technological hero his movies are always technologically based. The first ‘Thor’ was all about introducing Asgard and Thor in that more fantastical realm into the more reality-based MCU, and explain that obviously it might look like magic, but it’s another form of science and technology. As we go into Ultron clearly he does come out of technology, but we're using all of our tools at our disposal that we've established so far as part of the MCU to build the storyline of ‘Age of Ultron.’

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"