Clark Gregg is Agent Phil Coulson

Agents of SHIELD gets about 2 million viewers in the US. The Marvel movies usually sell between 50-80 million tickets in the US. So I think it's safe to say the majority of Marvel movie viewers don't have AoS on their radar.

Last edited:
Maybe this will explain where Fury got that dead Kree from.

Agents of SHIELD gets about 2 million viewers in the US. The Marvel movies usually sell between 50-80 million tickets in the US. So I think it's safe to say the majority of Marvel movie viewers don't have AoS on their radar.

No, Carol must become a secondary character in her own movie so those 2 million viewers AoS gets per week can be satisfied!!! Majority be damned!!! :cmad:

I must admit, I love the pic Clark just posted on Twitter

If he actually looked like that I would love it lol

Very debatable. Amongst fans like us, sure. The general public, doubtful. Again, most of the MCUs movie based fans do not watch AoS.

I think the majority of the general public would now see Coulson as 'that guy off Agents of SHIELD' rather than remember him for parts in early Marvel films, which were ten years ago now.

You way over estimate the show's popularity

I think it's sort of in between. Most of the movie going audience doesn't watch Agents of SHIELD, but I would argue a significant portion is at least aware of it or was aware of it when it came out - at least to the point that they've seen a commercial while watching ABC and saw Coulson.

None of this has anything to do with Captain Marvel, though. Phil Coulson isn't going to be the star of the movie, they aren't going to reference Agents of SHIELD (or, if they do, it'll only be through something that would make sense for the era), etc.

when Agents of Shield first aired, did they promote it enough so that folks who only saw Avengers knew what was up? Were there tie-ins? I recall reading one character from Thor showed up as well as Nick Fury early on.

when Agents of Shield first aired, did they promote it enough so that folks who only saw Avengers knew what was up? Were there tie-ins? I recall reading one character from Thor showed up as well as Nick Fury early on.

The very first episode had 17 Million Viewers. It was definitely in a lot of advertisements (and continue to be in ads).

I think it's sort of in between. Most of the movie going audience doesn't watch Agents of SHIELD, but I would argue a significant portion is at least aware of it or was aware of it when it came out - at least to the point that they've seen a commercial while watching ABC and saw Coulson.

None of this has anything to do with Captain Marvel, though. Phil Coulson isn't going to be the star of the movie, they aren't going to reference Agents of SHIELD (or, if they do, it'll only be through something that would make sense for the era), etc.

The only things I could see getting a mention are: Guest House, GH325, TAHITI, and Agent May.

That's only because I believe Carol has some regenerative factor during her energy absorption, and I think that was a Kree in the container, would make sense that Carol created that corpse.

Last edited:
Do you reckon carol was the first person to get Phil hooked on Captain America trading cards?

I think Captain America got Phil Coulson hooked on Captain America.

We’ll definitely know it’s a 90s period piece if Phil has one of these posters in his room or office

Sounds interesting. He’s always come off a bit like Arnold’s character in true lies. Looks like an accountant but is actually a super spy. Although Arnold never made a convincing accountant lol

What if Coulson is a Skrull? Same goes for Fury and Pym?

Doubt it. Possible, but they've all been portrayed as really benevolent so far.

It'll probably be more minor people.

Lady Siff, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Jasper Sitwell and President Ellis in addition to Phil Coulson have crossed over.

Ah not quite, it’s called captain marvel not captain marvel and phil coulson.

I hope he gets a good role but not on the same level as carol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"