Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legion said:
There's many possibilities for a film like this. I like to think that there can be multiple time travelers. Like Wolverine time travels to the 70s to stop "event X" and Bishop time travels to the early 2000s to destroy the first incarnation of the Sentinels.
I don't think there will be any time travelers.

That aside, let's step back for a minute. Okay...so the movie will involve two time periods, no less than 19 named characters, over 7 different countries, giant robots, and Nixon...this will either be the biggest train wreck ever or ****ing amazing.

I just hope they learned something from X3/Origins, not to include so many characters that will be only used for 1 to 3 scenes. And I hope this movie is at least 2hrs/30mins.

Well Colossuss is in this movie, so unfortunately we know he'll at least get shafted.

Psylockolussus, who is the Viper character in The Wolverine based on in the comics?

Well Colossuss is in this movie, so unfortunately we know he'll at least get shafted.

Psylockolussus, who is the Viper character in The Wolverine based on in the comics?

Colossus might get a X2 treatment and if thats the case, at least its better than X3.

And yes the Viper character in The Wolverine is based on in the comics!

I just started following this movie; is it announced if X3 and Origins are in continuity anymore? Last I checked- months ago- Singer said something about ignoring work outside his films, but he was pretty coy on the subject.

I just started following this movie; is it announced if X3 and Origins are in continuity anymore? Last I checked- months ago- Singer said something about ignoring work outside his films, but he was pretty coy on the subject.

They are still part of the continuity/canon.

And if you have seen the trailer of The Wolverine, you will know that they aren't ignoring X3.

Yea I saw the trailer but I thought they could have interpreted it as Logan believing Jean died from the second film.

The entire world has seen him kill her in X3, there's no one they would expect people to think of X2 when they see his claws in her...

There was a scene in the trailer of Wolvie stabbing Jean from X3? Man, I must have missed that. I only recall seeing the two together looking all sexual.

Yea I saw the trailer but I thought they could have interpreted it as Logan believing Jean died from the second film.

There's an article in SHH's front page with the description of Jean's first scene in The Wolverine and its connected to what happened between her and Wolverine in X3.

I just hope they learned something from X3/Origins, not to include so many characters that will be only used for 1 to 3 scenes. And I hope this movie is at least 2hrs/30mins.
I don't think we should worry too much. X3 and Origins did horrible jobs with the cameos in that they pretty much ruined the possibilities for each character in future movies. We have to remember that Bryan wasn't responsible for that trend.

X2 had the following identified characters (that I can recall):

- Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Pyro, Nightcrawler

- Magneto, Mystique, Stryker, Deathstrike, Senator Kelly

- Kitty, Jubilee, Siryn, Colossus, Artie, Hank McCoy

Unless I'm leaving anyone out, that's 20 characters. The last line were cameos, but most were announced to the media in much the same way they're announcing characters in DOFP.

Bryan used all of the characters in X2 in appropriate ways. The kids were in the mansion, where they should've been. Hank was on TV and his association with the X-Men was not mentioned (nor was it excluded). No character was ruined for future use.

Well this will probably be the case for every character not named Xavier, Magneto, Beast, Mystique, Wolverine, and Kitty Pryde. Not counting Boliver Trask.

It's effing ******ed how much they use mystique in all these movies btw. At least now it makes sense because of Jennifer Lawrence I guess.

Anyway, I'm not too upset at them using characters for glorified cameos. I mean, the comics do it with the X-Men all the time. That's not really a problem as far as I'm concerned and having a bunch of mutants gives a certain sense of the scope of things. That said, I do have a problem with it for Quicksilver because of the character's history. And it will only look worse next to what Joss will do with the character in Avengers 2.

There's an article in SHH's front page with the description of Jean's first scene in The Wolverine and its connected to what happened between her and Wolverine in X3.

Thanks. I guess they're going to go the route of Prof X channeling his consciousness into the body of his brother than. It'll be interesting to see how they bring Cyclops back (if they do) and how Magneto and Rogue regained their powers. Hope they don't just warp to the beginning of X3 and bring everyone back alive and fully powered. That would just seem like a cheat.

Thanks. I guess they're going to go the route of Prof X channeling his consciousness into the body of his brother than.

Its not yet clear but according to Patrick Stewart, there will be an explanation for his comeback after he was vaporized by Jean Grey in X3.

I don't think we should worry too much. X3 and Origins did horrible jobs with the cameos in that they pretty much ruined the possibilities for each character in future movies. We have to remember that Bryan wasn't responsible for that trend.

My concern about this has nothing to do with Bryan Singer but Simon Kinberg. I'm still not sold yet with him as being the writer of this film.

If Famke Janssen Is indeed In Days of future past that immedetly casts doudt on what has been assumed.Plus her appearance In the Wolverine Is likely a dream and hallunication.

Patrick Stewart has said there Is explanation for his appearance In DOFP he hasn't mentioned the twin brother one.

Magneto was already regaining powers at end of last stand.Likewise the same thing most likely happened to rogue.

The future with sentinles may very well be completly alternate future timeline.
That Is most likely easist explanation for her involvement and needing stunt double.

Well this will probably be the case for every character not named Xavier, Magneto, Beast, Mystique, Wolverine, and Kitty Pryde. Not counting Boliver Trask.

It's effing ******ed how much they use mystique in all these movies btw. At least now it makes sense because of Jennifer Lawrence I guess.

Anyway, I'm not too upset at them using characters for glorified cameos. I mean, the comics do it with the X-Men all the time. That's not really a problem as far as I'm concerned and having a bunch of mutants gives a certain sense of the scope of things. That said, I do have a problem with it for Quicksilver because of the character's history. And it will only look worse next to what Joss will do with the character in Avengers 2.

I'm not worried about Quicksilver. If he ends up like Pyro or Lady Deathstrike or Mystique in the 1st 2 movies, I think he will be fine.

And I don't think they have to address this father/son relationship with Magneto because that would need take time and development. X1/X2 were fine without making Mystique as Rogue's foster mom and without making Mystique as Nightcrawler's mom.

But if they use Quicksilver like how they used Multiple Man in X3 and Blob in Origins. Then it would be a problem for me.

I'm talking more about Wanda and his roots from Europe than his relation to Magneto.

Get Emma Roberts to cameo as Wanda.

:awesome:

Ok, it's obvious that now we also have Jean Grey in this film. If she's in, it's possible that Cyclops is too, plus James Marsden was spotted in plane in Montreal.

My question is, What about Rebecca Romijn's Mystique? If Magneto and Rogue are in this movie with not the also cured Mystique? Or Pyro?

Both are filming their TV shows in Toronto, Rebecca is filming King & Maxwell and Aaron is filming Nikita, so I think is easy they filmed a secret cameo without being noticed by press. At this point there won't be any diference if they cast them for a little scene.

Get Emma Roberts to cameo as Wanda.

:awesome:

I know it's silly but I'm not sure if I want a real life couple to play them. If they break and Fox wants them back for another movie... it won't be easy to play brother and sister.

If Famke Janssen Is indeed In Days of future past that immedetly casts doudt on what has been assumed.Plus her appearance In the Wolverine Is likely a dream and hallunication.

Patrick Stewart has said there Is explanation for his appearance In DOFP he hasn't mentioned the twin brother one.

Magneto was already regaining powers at end of last stand.Likewise the same thing most likely happened to rogue.

The future with sentinles may very well be completly alternate future timeline.
That Is most likely easist explanation for her involvement and needing stunt double.

It was indicated to me a long time ago that the future is alternate and so is the past into which the traveller(s) arrives.

This would mean that correcting the past likely sets up the events of the original trilogy. I'm not entirely sold on that idea, as the original trilogy does not have a happy ending (at least, not for Xavier, Jean, Scott, Mystique).

I'm not entirely certain what they have in mind but if it really does involve Jean and Scott, then it must be an alternate future. This then means they don't have to explain how Xavier survived the events of X3.

I'm also not sure if this means that X-Men: First Class is an alternate timeline or if just the 1973 past in DoFP is an alternate timeline. It's all very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"