DC Universe - Justice Society: World War II

I didn't realize this was gonna be tied into Man of Tomorrow, so that was a pleasant surprise, because I definitely want to see more from that universe. But on the whole, I was pretty lukewarm about this. It was nice to see Black Canary get a chance to shine for once. Hawkman, too. But it just tried to do an awful lot in a short runtime, and needed a good villain. It was alright. Still liked it better than anything from the previous N52-verse.

Is this going to be in the same continuity as Man of Tomorrow?

Yeah

But it could work as a stand alone as well.

If Long Halloween has at least a small reference with this continuity and then they make a JL for this continuity next year then it would be solidified as the same new continuity of Man of Tomorrow.

As of now, it is technically after Man of Tomorrow but you can also watch it after Flashpoint Paradox and never lose a beat.

It was ok, with some really good moments. Quite enjoyed the fact that Aquaman was more than a match for Wonder Woma.

Just came in the mail. Watched it today, I will agree it was just ok/average with good moments. I did enjoy Flash vs Nazis and Wonder Woman's action sequences. And I guess the ending was pretty solid, some of the story jumped around but eh, it was still enjoyable!

However, I absolutely loved "Kamandi: Last Boy on Earth" animated short film! My first exposure to the character. Loved the art style/animation for it!

Did they ever release one of those DVD gift sets with a little figure for this film?

Yeah Best Buy has them on blu ray. I’m not sure about dvd.

Did they ever release one of those DVD gift sets with a little figure for this film?
Yep

6457395_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Oh, cool! Wasn’t sure if they were still doing those. Excited to see what they do for the new Batman one

Oh, cool! Wasn’t sure if they were still doing those. Excited to see what they do for the new Batman one

I think The Long Halloween is just getting a limited edition steel book. No word on a figurine release.

Just watched this. I enjoyed it! I do agree with a lot of the criticisms here, but considering thus is a film to establish the larger shared universe, I’ll give it a pass.
Looking forward to how they introduce the Earth 1 versions of WW and Aquaman.

Just watched this. I enjoyed it! I do agree with a lot of the criticisms here, but considering thus is a film to establish the larger shared universe, I’ll give it a pass.
Looking forward to how they introduce the Earth 1 versions of WW and Aquaman.

That was the Earth 1 versions of WW and Aquaman.

Unless Jay Garrick was just being arrogant assuming that his Earth is Earth 1.

That was the Earth 1 versions of WW and Aquaman.

Unless Jay Garrick was just being arrogant assuming that his Earth is Earth 1.
Oop my bad. Thanks for the correction.
You know what I mean. The other versions lol. The “main” universe we will be watching.

Watched my copy, last Saturday eve, from @Mach2Infinity kind gift (thank you sir), and again blown away how good it was, following on from Man of Tomorrow, the first Superman led origin' re-boot in the new time-line, which was the best animated Superman film, I've ever seen.

Yet to see the Batman Long Halloween films (wait until you can buy them together) but the quality thus far is FAR superior to the previous NEW 52 based series, in my view, particularly loving the new animation 'style', really suits the characters.

Last edited:
Watched my copy, last Saturday eve, from @Mach2Infinity kind gift (thank you sir), and again blown away how good it was, following on from Man of Tomorrow, the first Superman led -origin' re-boot in the new time-line, which was the best animated Superman film, I've ever seen.

Yet to see the Batman Long Halloween films (wait until you can buy them together) but the quality thus far is FAR superior to the previous NEW 52 based series, in my view.

Absolute pleasure mate. I guess it's payment in kind for the excellent Spider-Man game you got me :cwink:.

Really glad you enjoyed it bud. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to get it for you. Great to hear that it's a worthy follow-up to the Man of Tomorrow feature animation. Fantastic trailer for MoT too:

Look forward to watching JS:WW2 and sharing my thoughts here.

Loving the new animated universe thus far, and I’ve seen TLH Parts I and II.

A new Justice Society animated film/DTV was supposedly revealed at the Green Lantern: Beware My Power panel, but was not included in WB's instagram PR. If true, I assume it will be a sequel to this film:

Miereanu then announced a new feature to be released in the fall, Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons, and come 2023 a Legion of Super-Heroes feature, Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham, as well as a Justice Society feature. Justice League: Warworld is also on the upcoming slate of animated films.

Just came in the mail. Watched it today, I will agree it was just ok/average with good moments. I did enjoy Flash vs Nazis and Wonder Woman's action sequences. And I guess the ending was pretty solid, some of the story jumped around but eh, it was still enjoyable!

However, I absolutely loved "Kamandi: Last Boy on Earth" animated short film! My first exposure to the character. Loved the art style/animation for it!
I saw JSWWII on HBO Max, but I didn’t realize there was a Kamandi short! I have to search that out.
Glad you have been introduced to Kamandi. I strongly recommend the original Jack Kirby run. It is pure gold!

I saw JSWWII on HBO Max, but I didn’t realize there was a Kamandi short! I have to search that out.
Glad you have been introduced to Kamandi. I strongly recommend the original Jack Kirby run. It is pure gold!

I haven't read any of the Kirby stuff, but I did find some newer-ish comics of Kamandi awhile back. I did end up enjoying those as wekl. Maybe I'll get around to the Kirby stuff too. And yeah, I really enjoyed the animated short for sure. I wish DC would continue to do that with lesser known characters. Booster Gold, Lobo, Plastic Man, Animal Man, and so on.

I haven't read any of the Kirby stuff, but I did find some newer-ish comics of Kamandi awhile back. I did end up enjoying those as wekl. Maybe I'll get around to the Kirby stuff too. And yeah, I really enjoyed the animated short for sure. I wish DC would continue to do that with lesser known characters. Booster Gold, Lobo, Plastic Man, Animal Man, and so on.
The Superman/Black Adam release a while back also had Green Arrow and Spectre stories that were quite great. I’d definitely recommend them

The Superman/Black Adam release a while back also had Green Arrow and Spectre stories that were quite great. I’d definitely recommend them

Oh yeah! I've watched them all! I really liked the one about "Death" from Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

Apparently, Gary Miereanu's announcement was misreported by CBR. He states that ONLY four movies were announced. Nothing else.

I finished watching this and its probably my favorite movie in the "Rebirth" era of these animated movies.

I really hope Gunn and Safran have a Justice Society in the WWII history of their DCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"