Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
T.J. Miller Promises Deadpool 2 Isn’t a Hangover 2-Style Sequel

It’s not going to be like Hangover 2, it’s not going to be the same movie in a different location, for instance. It’s got different stakes, different things happen, some pretty tragic, dark sh-t happens in the first part of the film, in the beginning, and the rest of the film is kind of dealing with that, so that’s interesting. But Weasel remains just absolutely the most selfish individual on the face of the planet.
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-sequel-tj-miller-difference-tone/

Well, between this and both Reese and Wernick citing films like X-Men 2, Aliens, and Spider-Man 2 as examples of sequels that equal or surpass the original in regards to avoiding sequelitis, they at least sound like they're taking the right approach to not make this feel familiar.

The introduction of Cable and Domino should really help make sure things are different and don't fall into GoTG Vol2 territory, which got a bit rote and repetitive at times.

As -JKR- duly noted and I most certainly welcome it after that short was released, Leitch inherently showed a different approach to comedy.

So, do you think Reynolds & Co. will be attending SDCC tomorrow?

Hell, he will probably be the one leading the X-casts out unless Hugh is there promoting Greatest Showman. (Plus realistically most of these cast members have multiple panels to attend - Josh, TJ etc.)

Would imagine Deadpool being the closer.

I hope Stefan has completely taken over the role and isn't just a voice actor. He has the look!

Think he posted a photo of Vancouver not long ago.

I have a feeling that they are gonna take the Logan approach with this one and stay quiet until the proper marketing gears up, probably by the end of the year.

I don't think that's the reason if they won't have a presence at SDCC though.

I'll still be surprised if Fox doesn't even have a vid from set with Reynolds in costume or something along those lines.

I have a feeling that they are gonna take the Logan approach with this one and stay quiet until the proper marketing gears up, probably by the end of the year.

They don't have to do those psa's, but the Logan approach might be too conservative.

They are already beyond the Logan approach in their marketing.

They will be quiet on plot details, that's about the only similarities I see.

They are already beyond the Logan approach in their marketing.

They will be quiet on plot details, that's about the only similarities I see.

I meant that maybe we won't get any official marketing material until they wrap the shoot.

We haven't even gotten the official title yet, after all.

I meant that maybe we won't get any official marketing material until they wrap the shoot.

We haven't even gotten the official title yet, after all.

Don't know, maybe. It's still so early.

We did get an official teaser though, far over a year in advance and before the film even started shooting. Since Deadpool is such an easy character to provide content that's why I'd be surprised if there's no presence at all at SDCC this year. I guess with Domino and Cable reveals they can just do that on Social Media. I'm hoping we get an official look at them before set leaks.

Outside of the Rating and suit reveal we didn't really have official stuff until July 2015 for Deadpool 1 if I remember right. A lil under 7 months from the films release date.

I'd say things are not that off course with the casting reveals, official teaser and multiple set pics. Film almost has a whole year to go and only a month in production.

Last edited:
Or Rhett could be lying! Iirc Bryan and crew literally fly in the day of.

But I'm alright with the hush hush approach of this one. Fans are aware, and it doesn't take much to get the hype machine going with Deadpool. If it's good, they can easily just drop stuff anywhere and get the word of mouth started as we've seen with Logan.

Or Rhett could be lying! Iirc Bryan and crew literally fly in the day of.

But I'm alright with the hush hush approach of this one. Fans are aware, and it doesn't take much to get the hype machine going with Deadpool. If it's good, they can easily just drop stuff anywhere and get the word of mouth started as we've seen with Logan.

I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. I'll take his word. I hope we'll at least get a first look at The Predator and Alita: Battle Angel at the 20th Century Fox panel later today.

And personally I don't have any problems with a hush hush marketing approach, either. It's just that I'm a huge fan, so you can imagine that my curiosity is WAY HIGH: The official title and a first look at Cable and Domino and I'm good until the end of the year. Not asking for more.

Stefan Kapicic

Get ready #SanDiegoComicCon the MUTANTS ARE COMING!
#stefankapicic #Colossus #Deapool #Xmen #Deadpool2 #Xforce ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"