• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The marketing for this movie has been amazing,I think it convinced a lot of people to go see it.

I really hope that weekend BO prediction is true. Even if it is for 4 days, the movie deserves to be a crazy success, its awesome.

I have a feeling it will get around $110 for the weekend and shatter 50 shades.

Yeah just got back from seeing it, and it was a hell of a lot of fun. Great soundtrack too!

One of the things that might help Deadpool is that it's competition (mostly Zoolander 2 and How To be Single as well I suppose) isn't doing very well when it comes to reviews so far. I've seen a couple of Deadpool review that went like: 'Well what else are you going to watch?'

Edit: Deadpool has been allowed to be screened in India but they made 7 small cuts. It'll be opening on 800 screens.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/deadpool-release-clears-india-censors-864198

Last edited:
Well, that is a ringing endorsement if I ever saw one.

Deadpools budget got cut by 7 million last minute.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-makers-of-deadpool-had-to-slash-7-million-from-the-1758147495

“We had to carve something like $7-8 million out of the budget in a 48-hour window,” Reese told io9. “And we, as a group, just put our heads together, got creative, and said ‘How do we cut what is essentially nine pages out of a 110 page script?’”

“Angel Dust, played by Gina Carano, used to be three different characters,” Reese explained. “It was Garrison Kane, Sluggo and Wire. There was a reduction of action. We had a motorcycle chase between Deadpool and Ajax on the freeway that we took out. We had a big, big gun fight in the third act that we took out and we basically had Deadpool forget his guns as a means of getting around it. So there were just reductions.”

“It was that last, lean and mean chop that got us to a place where Fox was willing to make it,” Reese said. “The script was very efficient and not too long. That was a function of budget more than anything, but I think it really made the movie pace nicely.”

Doubletoasted.com posted their audio review, all three gave it a full price.

Now inspired to write stuff involving Deadpool and the Golden Girls, because...why not? :up:

db61660b-1600-4429-92c7-2d3407540175.png

Did the director lose it and wreck his rented home and almost get into fights on set?

Reese and Wernick seem like intelligent guys. Sometimes productions like this give you lemons, and you have to turn it into lemonade.

This is why I don't understand the things about everyone defending Josh Trank for Fox cutting out scenes or parts of Fantastic Four right ahead of production. A ton of film productions do that ALL THE TIME! Bryan Singer had to deal with things like that for X-Men 2 which everyone loves. This is the nature of the business and making big movies. It doesn't excuse some of the things that happened on the Fantastic Four set.

The reviews have held up well. Tomorrow should be fun.

Well, there's finally a Ryan Reynolds's movie that I enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"